Must Read: Planning/Looking for Pre-Approved LC (possible scam)

GC from Wyoming - URGENT ADVISE NEEDED!!

Hi folks,
My employer recently started my GC process from Wyoming. My labor was applied about a week back. Through this forum (http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=123495&highlight=wyoming+labor) I found out about the virtual office scam and that's why I am very concerned now.
My employer's website does not mention that he has an office in WY and also I did a search on the Wyoming corporations database (http://www.startupbiz.com/Info_by_State/State_Links.htm) and did not find my company listed here. I am not sure what to do. Before talking to my employer about this I wanted to know if there is something I am missing. So far he has been acting as though everything is o.k. May be everything is o.k. and I am just panicing but I want to be sure. I am ready to withdraw my application if it really is not o.k. I would like to hear from you guys about any thoughts you mught have on this.

Please let me know ASAP.
Thanks

your employer is not required to have branch office in WY to file labor in that state (provided they did not claim that that state is one of their branch).

Check this thread for more info:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=129771

did your employer ever claim that they have branch office in wy. if so then based on your findings its better you stay away from such fraud employer.

abusive bodyshoppers will use sweet words and act as if they are the only genuine company and have been involved in this business as a service to the community and they pay tax regularly blah blah blah. in realty they are not much affected. they just dont care. when dol and uscis finds this they may just get away with fines. but your life is a big question mark?

stay away if any bodyshopper uses terms like "doing as a service" or "getting peanuts from your project". do your homework. research about companies in various forums and websites. stay away if you find their job advertisements in free website or "community" based forum or sites.

do not pay for your gc atleast until your i140 gets approved. get everything in writing.

Thanks for the informative response.
To answer your question:
No. My employer never claimed that he has a branch office in WY, however he has one in Illinois. According to the original plan he was supposed to file it from IL but he changed it in the last minute (not sure why) to WY. At that time I was glad thinking that WY is much faster.

Having said that, what are your thoughts on this? What do you suggest?

REgarding IL, I just checked the corporations database in IL and I did find his company but guess what...it says, "Status=Not good standing" and both Qualification date and Agent change date is Jun 2003. I don't understand a thing about that. Do you have any idea? Do you think I should ask him to file it through IL instead of WY. Any thoughts?

Thanks again

What are the things need to take care with Pre Approved Labour

Hi,
I found one company who is giving preapproved labor

He is saying that the labour which he has is Any Engineering Background
There is no specific for Electronics or Mechanical or Computer

Is it beliavable ?

and what he is saying is, First i have to transfer my h1 to that company
then after receiving he will apply for I-140

and then after 2 months he will apply for 485.

He is saying if we follow this method, there will be no issues...

Is it true ?

What are the issues we may get with preapproved labours ?

Ask him to send you copy of LC & get it verified by your attorney... Then tell him you will only join after you get RECEIPT of Concurrent filing of I-140/485/EAD/AP... if he has good intentions he must not have any problem with any of these...

gc_reddy said:
Hi,
I found one company who is giving preapproved labor

He is saying that the labour which he has is Any Engineering Background
There is no specific for Electronics or Mechanical or Computer

Is it beliavable ?

and what he is saying is, First i have to transfer my h1 to that company
then after receiving he will apply for I-140

and then after 2 months he will apply for 485.

He is saying if we follow this method, there will be no issues...

Is it true ?

What are the issues we may get with preapproved labours ?

What he is saying is, If we do Concurrent filing both I-140 and 485,
We may get lot of issues with pre approved labour....

That is not true at all... He just wants to delay the process by saying that.. Concurrent Filed I-140 & Single I-140 are not different or do not have different processing.. if there will be issues, it will be there in concurrent or not....

gc_reddy said:

idli1829

in legal point of view your employer should be ok provided they give enough evidence to prove future job availablity in WY state. but who knows whats your employers real intention or "issue" is. considering your findings you should be more careful in researching about them (may be they just skipped filing the tax due date which can be corrected shortly. who knows?). negative part is they may not be able to prove ability to pay clause. how long is your employer in business. how many employees (revenue creating employees = H1s currently with them).

considering all your points its better for you to check the status of past labor decision status of that company from chicago dol using their phone number(s) using automated phone ((312) 793-6831)/email status check system.

if you find few or many recent "denials" then there should be something serious with that company and may be thats the reason they opt to file from wyoming. watch out.

gc_reddy said:

I was also contacted by one such employer for substitute labor. I was told that they had been advised by Attorney Sheela Murthy that first H1 should be transferred and then file 140/485 after few months.

I declined to accept the substitute labor. No point in waisting few months on H1 and then struggling to get 140 filed.

I am not sure if it was same company.

Good standing question

Is it good enough for the company to be in 'active' or 'good standing' with State agency to avoid such an issue or it's still subjective? Also, is Nebraska also one of the scrutinized state? Since it's related to the thread, didn't want to start another thread..

If LC or GC is denied/revoked due to this, are you -personally kind of blacklisted or debarred from applying again?

Thanks

"active" and "good standing" are almost the same. each state use different wordings. an active or "good standing" status does not mean that they would pay "your" paycheck on time (if at all).

employee will not be blacklisted or debarred if the labor or gc is denied/revoked due to employer fraud.

abzy2004 said:
Is it good enough for the company to be in 'active' or 'good standing' with State agency to avoid such an issue or it's still subjective? Also, is Nebraska also one of the scrutinized state? Since it's related to the thread, didn't want to start another thread..

If LC or GC is denied/revoked due to this, are you -personally kind of blacklisted or debarred from applying again?

Thanks

Pre approve labor

Hi

I have been approach by a company with pre approve labor dated 12 dec 2003.

I have following question

Whether labor subsititution is still valid?
I have a copy of approve LC with skill set, how do i make sure that this labor is not used or I-140 is not filed for this labor?
How do I make sure that this labor is a valid?

All your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ssahai

stay away if the company approached you with pre approved labor. stay away if you come across any job (labor fraud or percentage or hourly agreements) advertisement in community based or free job boards

do not try to transfer your client to companies offering you preapproved labor. you may end up in great disaster due to various agreements you may have with your employer or vendor or sub-vendor or Nth sub vendor.

validy depends on various factors. first do they REALLY have preapproved labor with them. get a copy and validate with your own lawyer. get everything in writing. document all your dealings. better interact in email with consulting companies. DO NOT PAY EVEN A SINGLE PENNY until your i140 is approved.

latest scam by software consulting companies is to get $3k - $5k from lot of people for the same or no labor. lot of people have been cheated by various software consulting companies. check in path2usa.com in experience section to know how many people have been cheated by just one company.

Saigc,

Can you please let me know where to find about Texas company details. From your link below as well as from google search I am unable to find details about compnies in Texas.

Thanks,
Ramya.

saigc said:
Pre-Approved Labor Scam:

there were growning number of pre-approved labor scam. do not rely on anyones words that they can substitute the preapproved labor for you. it may not be suitable for you or they actually do not have one.

take several precaution before falling into their traps:

1. try to get everything in writing in paper or email. most of the telephone conversation will not stand in the court. if the company tries to avoid giving anything in writing or communicating in email then its not safe for anything.

2. you have to see the original labor (most companies would not accept). atleast you have to request that company to forward the originial to your lawyer. let YOUR lawyer match the skill set and analyze the propabilities. do not trust the offering companies words in any way for this pre approved labor. they may not be the right person to assess the possibilities. if they dont have the original labor then either they dont have one or its been used by someone else. do not fall for any tricks in this. no sensible person will leave a company jeopardizing their green card unless there is an issue with the company (the only genuine reason the company can claim is due to layoff but unfortunately they cannot use that labor if there was any layoff for certain period of time - check with your lawyer).

3. question them how they have the pre approved labor. it can be for genuine also. most of the scammers tries to subsititute the labor with another (knowingly or unknowingly) for any reason good or intential profits. be aware that a company cannot substitute a labor when the primary benefiaries i140 is approved and as crossed 180days of filing his/her i485 (irrespective of whether that employee is still employed with them or not). some companies have pre approved labor because the original beneficiaries i140 would have been rejected due to inability to pay by the startup companies or due to labor or immigration violations by the company. get all your questions answered in writing in paper or email ONLY.

4. labor substitution cases are more riskier than rir categories. these cases are scrutinized for everything. these cases were typically very risky in the areas like california, new jersey, new york, delaware, boston, chicago, atlanta.

5. whether for greencard or not - never ever trust anyone by words. you need to have proof of everything in paper or email to claim charges if you have been deceived later.

6. do not trust any official communications who use free or phonic email address. this email communications are hard to prove against those scam in the court (but it is possible and very hard). this not only applies for preapproved labor scenarios but for employment or recruitment or initial discussion also.

7. do not offer or accept to pay for the preapproved labor. there were more number of scams to initially get labor cost from originial beneficiary and then keep on using it for another person in the name of preapproved labor for more profits (may be they get more money than getting profits from billing rate of those candidates in this market). try to avoid companies asking the cost of preapproved labor: it mostly is a scam - a) either the original beneficiary would have paid for it (then why should you pay for it again) b) a company would itself have paid for it (they why it expects the cost from you when it did not ask from original beneficiary).

8. scammer use several tricks and nice words to convince. whatever it is. do not fall prey to it. get everything in writing.

9. be very cautious and do not go for options coming TO YOU or from unknown sources or from free or public forumns.

10. check the h1 or greencard labor cases in http://www.flcdatacenter.com (even if the case shows up it doesnt mean its available or suitable for substitution)

get everything in writing in paper or email. consult with your own lawyer. do not agree to pay for anything. all these scams will end in great disaster for potential candidates. company would also get affected - either debar them from immigration benefits with huge fines etc. but most affected person is the employee for a long time due to the fraud and violations of the companies. try to start from your own labor or use various precaution to use preapproved labor. its better to stay out for 1 year and reenter on fresh h1 and then start greencard again than looking for preapproved labor or joining startup or abusive companies.

irrespective of what ever legal visa status one is in, it is their moral responsibility to safe guard this country and be concerned for its prosperity and clean the society from this kind of abusive scams. be alert - stay alert - know your rights - respect and abide the law even if your company does not (it will surely help you later).

-----

Virtual OFFICE Scam:

in addition to pre-approved labor scams there were growing number of virtual office scams to take advantage of the processing times mainly in areas like vermont, maine, wyoming, montana, north dakota, south dakota, new mexico. labor filed in these states will be scrutinized even more due to suspectable fraud unless its been filed by well reputed organizations. do your homework - can you find atleast one technical or similar job requirement from those states atleast one every month consecutively for 3 months?

uscis and department of labor is well aware of such scams and has been making personal visit to those so-called branch offices to check the legitimacy. if the investigators finds that if there were no such offices or is in residential address then the labor is at jeopardy.

if virtual office scam is proved at a later stage (even after labor approval) then:
1. those labor will be revoked by dol for fraud
2. all the i140 and i485 based on those labor will be denied due to fraud
3. uscis may have the right to revoke the approved green card also.
4. grey area: not sure how its going to impact if the applicant uses ac21.

dol checks to see the legitimacy of the branch office in several ways:
1. to ensure that the branch office is not opened just for the sake for fast processing time
2. the branch office should have some kind of real local operation or business creating some revenue

not sure if the dol checks for the incorporation details in those branch offices (but uscis request for incorporation details from startups and other suspectable consulting firms).

an applicant like you can check the incorporation details (all branch offices will be registered as foreign corporations) from the respective state links from http://www.startupbiz.com/Info_by_State/State_Links.htm

if the prospective company is not listed in the appropriate state corporation search page then expect the labor gets rejected or uscis revoke the greencard any time in the future due to this virtual office scam which is no fault of yours.

.....more to be added

fan123,
I would not put my email address on these forums. There are ROBOTS that scan web pages for email addresses. Once they get hold of your email address ... be ready to be spammed.

I140

Hi,

When I am still with the company, can the company substitute my Labor to somebody else?

I am almost going to get my Labor approved. I am scared about this.

Sagic ..Kindly respond

Thanks
Worldmonitor