Musician O-1 to greencard?

Dannyvi

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody, I 'm new around and wanted to ask a couple of questions. I' am a professional musician(classical music) currently in O-1 ,had this category for the last 5 years. What would be the best way to get a greencard, EB-1 Ea? Anybody have some info on similar cases or where I could find something like that? Thanks :)

29 views ..no answers? Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Now that I 'm getting intop this a lot more it looks like my options would probably be EB-1 EA concurrent with NIW. Thoughts on that ?

Dannyvi said:
29 views ..no answers? Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Now that I 'm getting intop this a lot more it looks like my options would probably be EB-1 EA concurrent with NIW. Thoughts on that ?

Yes, I would say you may try two I-140 petitions at the same time (it's not a "concurrent" filing, concurrent means you file your I-140 and I-485 forms at the same time). Your options may be EB-1 EA and EB-2 (Exceptional ability) with NIW. If you want, you may also apply concurrently for an adjustment of status (I-485), but I-485 may not be duplicated and must go with only one of your I-140s (I would say with one that is more likely to get approved).

I suggest that you try to locate an immigration attorney who has experience with filing such petitions for musicians, and at least have him/her evaluating your case for EB-1 EA and NIW. It's really tough task for anyone on this forum to advise you without knowing your specific background/accomplishments.

The best of luck!

Dannyvi said:

I seriously doubt you will qualify for NIW. NIW is not meant for someone of your background. I would concentrate on the EA. You will need some letters from some pretty big names to get through.

Brian

Just to make it clear , I 'm not looking for legal advice , what I 'm trying to do is to find more info related to this,in order to arm myself with enough knowledge.I am going trough this with a lawyer ,as we speak, unfortunately it seems that I am the one that's supposed to tell him the direction in which we should go.. :rolleyes: . In regards to getting the letters from big names , there's plenty of persons that have a very well established name in the business that I 'm connected to so it shouldn't be a problem. My background is also very good , and accomplishements so far are outstanding . Thanks guys , this board is a very useful tool.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dannyvi said:
Just to make it clear , I 'm not looking for legal advice , what I 'm trying to do is to find more info related to this,in order to arm myself with enough knowledge.I am going trough this with a lawyer ,as we speak, unfortunately it seems that I am the one that's supposed to tell him the direction in which we should go.. :rolleyes: . In regards to getting the letters from big names , there's plenty of persons that have a very well established name in the business that I 'm connected to so it shouldn't be a problem. My background is also very good , and accomplishements so far are outstanding . Thanks guys , this board is a very useful tool.. :)

Don't worry, we're not giving you legal advice. However, I would fire any lawyer that steers you towards NIW.

Brian

I'd be a millionaire by now if could get a single dollar for each time I thought about it... :D unfortunately situation is very complicated money wise

You should simply go through all criteria for EA and detetmine if you meet three of them.

Documentation of the alien's receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor;

Documentation of the alien's membership in associations in the field for which classification is sought, which require outstanding achievements of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts in their disciplines or fields;

Published material about the alien in professional or major trade publications or other major media, relating to the alien's work in the field for which classification is sought. Such evidence shall include the title, date, and author of the material, and any necessary translation;

Evidence of the alien's participation, either individually or on a panel, as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied field of specification for which classification is sought;

Evidence of the alien's original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance in the field;

Evidence of the alien's authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional or major trade publications or other major media;

Evidence of the display of the alien's work in the field at artistic exhibitions or showcases;

Evidence that the alien has performed in a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation;

Evidence that the alien has commanded a high salary or other significantly high remuneration for services, in relation to others in the field; or

Evidence of commercial successes in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts or record, cassette, compact disk, or video sales.