Multiple entry on TD visa

podroznik

Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen on a TN status in USA about to get married to a Polish citizen who is currently here with me in USA on a tourist visa. After we get married we plan to go to Canada (Toronto) to get her TD visa. Here are the questions I have related to this:

1. After she gets a TD visa and we go back to USA can she freely travel outside of USA? Like to Europe for example without any troube re-entering USA?

2. Does anybody have first-hand experiences of how long would it take to get a TD visa in Toronto?

Finding answers to these simple questions on the Internet proved to be challenging. I though I'd post here before trying to phone US consulate in Toronto (they charge $1.85 a minute!!!)

Thanks a lot.

Martin

1. She will enter US on a TD visa, valid for the time your TN is valid. Her entry into other countries (including canada) will be dictated by rules of that country. For example, if Poles need visa to enter canada, her TD visa changes nothing about this.

TD visas take 1-3 days, after you have an appointment.

1. She will enter US on a TD visa, valid for the time your TN is valid. Her entry into other countries (including canada) will be dictated by rules of that country. For example, if Poles need visa to enter canada, her TD visa changes nothing about this.

TD visas take 1-3 days, after you have an appointment.

Thanks.
I need to re-phase my question #1.
Can she leave and come back to US without any trouble at the US border? For example if we go to Europe or Asia for a month or so, does she need to get a new visa at the consulate? Will she have a visa in her passport (it is I-94?) valid for as long as mine is?

Thanks

My answer was "She will enter US on a TD visa, valid for the time your TN is valid."

The entry card she gets (that is the I-94 -- it is NOT a visa) will be reissued automatically at the entry point each time she comes back from outside N America.