Multiple and close I-485 LUDs?

bjorn

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone had the experience of having three I-485 LUDs within 5 days in terms of potential approval following these and how soon an approval could come? I have had 3 LUDs since last Tuesday. Based on the timeline I have been provided, my case should be very close to approval now.

bjorn said:
Has anyone had the experience of having three I-485 LUDs within 5 days in terms of potential approval following these and how soon an approval could come? I have had 3 LUDs since last Tuesday. Based on the timeline I have been provided, my case should be very close to approval now.

Surely a good sign!
Correct me if I'm wrong, recently you've submitted RFE, you are from Other countries and EB2/EB3?

I've submitted my RFE in November and the LUD is Nov. 7th. It's still sitting idle.

I don't know if I got stuck with Name check or no visa available :confused:

Yes, but the RFE response is officially received and connected with the case as of 12/2. I am not affected by retrogression - EB2 and worldwide category, so visas are currently available. This is very interesting information: I actually just learned from a US Senator's office (who is checking in with the USCIS on my behalf as they can get more detailed information about my case than I ever can) that two of those LUDs were that the file was sent from the clerical office (1 LUD) and then received by the adjudicating officer who is processing my case (1 LUD). I did not know that when the file is being sent and received within the USCIS it also adds LUDs to your portfolio. That's good to know.

The level of help your senator's office is giving you is unheard of! Are you sure you are for real? :D This is unbelievable!

Relax man, this is a good sign. You are going to be one happy dude this christmass!

Mr. Green,
I am totally for real. I am not kidding you. Believe it or not, I also just received an e-mail form my second US Senator's office just a few minutes ago that they will call the USCIS office tomorrow to check on my case. I do live in a small state with virtually no immigration, especially not employment-based, so being asked by aspiring immigrants to assist with the case is not something they are asked to do very often, thus when they do they can really commit to help out.

Bjorn:

good luck! I dont think I had any LUD changes a whole week to my approval....I had daily LUD changes like 3-4 wks before approval....then NADA!

all of a sudden, one day, I am chatting with my bro on yahoo messanger, I get a message that I have an email from USCIS.....i begin to think...oh shit, an RFE...or best case scenario, approvalof my other I-140 petitions.... I check the email and it's GOOD NEWS for myself and spouse....I rush to this forum to share with you guys!

Dont worry, yourself and Mr. Green should get approved pretty soon.

Mr. Green:

you wrote somewhere that you're from the Middle East, and that may be one of the reasons for your delayed processing....that may be so, though I have seen contrary. I am not from thr middle east, but we have an Arabic/Muslim last name, and that didnt seem to impact our case (GC in 2 months). I also have a colleague from Algeria who got approved in 6 months. Wish you all the best!

Bjorn,
when did u apply... i mean when do u usually make a dicision to call a senators office? like any time or only if it took so long?

anxious-one said:
Bjorn:

good luck! I dont think I had any LUD changes a whole week to my approval....I had daily LUD changes like 3-4 wks before approval....then NADA!

all of a sudden, one day, I am chatting with my bro on yahoo messanger, I get a message that I have an email from USCIS.....i begin to think...oh shit, an RFE...or best case scenario, approvalof my other I-140 petitions.... I check the email and it's GOOD NEWS for myself and spouse....I rush to this forum to share with you guys!

Dont worry, yourself and Mr. Green should get approved pretty soon.

Mr. Green:

you wrote somewhere that you're from the Middle East, and that may be one of the reasons for your delayed processing....that may be so, though I have seen contrary. I am not from thr middle east, but we have an Arabic/Muslim last name, and that didnt seem to impact our case (GC in 2 months). I also have a colleague from Algeria who got approved in 6 months. Wish you all the best!

Thanks anxious one! I'm waiting and that is all I can do! Yes, I'm from the middle east and I am a muslim! I plan to be the energizer bunny of waiting. I'll be waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.... :D

anoosa
I I applid 8/31/05 with an RD of 9/12/05. I contaced the senator's office in late September and asked for assistance in checking if my name had cleared the FBI name check yet, as this is something virtually impossible to find out for us applicants it seems like. A Senator's offices can just place one call to the USCIS and get that answer immediately through some insider they speak with. Following that, both Senators' offices told me that they would check with the USCIS on my behalf on a regular basis on my AOS progress, which is exactly what they have done. They told me about my wife's RFE more than 1 week before the USCIS officially notified us through a status update. That's how early and accurate information they can get if they decide to help you.

anxious_one

So I'm beginning to make sense out of this. I had 3 LUDs last week, and yesterday, my US Senator's office e-mailed me that my case is a few weeks away from approval and to contact the USCIS back early January for an update. Both mine and my wife's case just made it to the processing area and an adjudication officer. So, based on your experience, it looks like the timelines coincide several close LUDs and then wait a few weeks, then approval. So, your experience and the US Senator's office information are both projecting the same tmieline - early/mid January. Thank God for visa number availability in January for my category, according to the January bulletin...

well your lucky.... because I live in florida and I dont think I will get the same amount of help you got if I contact a senators office due to the annusual amount of immigrants here!!!!!... cuz it has been a month now and no FP notice.... I wen to the ASC and they told me to waite till next week and I should get something.... so untill I do my FP I cant try to do anything.....

annoosa said:
well your lucky.... because I live in florida and I dont think I will get the same amount of help you got if I contact a senators office due to the annusual amount of immigrants here!!!!!... cuz it has been a month now and no FP notice.... I wen to the ASC and they told me to waite till next week and I should get something.... so untill I do my FP I cant try to do anything.....

I live in Florida too and still waiting & waiting. That's one disadvantage of being in the south as TSC is the slowest, because it's the busiest, crowdiest, laziest? :mad:

anoosa

Yes, Florida, big state and lots of immigration. By the way, have you tried to bring your original I-485 recipt notice and do a walk-in for FP and biometrics? I did just that and it worked great. Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose. The worst that can happen is that you get turned away. If they let you in, ask for Code 3 (FP and biometrics at the same time).

bjorn said:
anxious_one

So I'm beginning to make sense out of this. I had 3 LUDs last week, and yesterday, my US Senator's office e-mailed me that my case is a few weeks away from approval and to contact the USCIS back early January for an update. Both mine and my wife's case just made it to the processing area and an adjudication officer. So, based on your experience, it looks like the timelines coincide several close LUDs and then wait a few weeks, then approval. So, your experience and the US Senator's office information are both projecting the same tmieline - early/mid January. Thank God for visa number availability in January for my category, according to the January bulletin...

bjorn:

you're probably right...maybe those LUDs mean approval by the officer, and the 3 wks that follow could be waiting for a supervisor to give the go-ahead. I remember how frustrated I was when my LUDs changed multiple times, then NADA!

The ASC I go to is very fast. I went there twice for my FP, in March and in August. It's in Ft.Lauderdale and I went there on Saturdays.

anoosa, if you live in Miami or around, you should go to Ft.Lauderdale ASC as walk-in, but if you are in central Florida (Orlando), you'll have to make appointment.

Thanks for the reply.....

actually i did go to the west palm one cuz i live in boca and the ASC was not busy at all but they told me to waite untill the 21st of the month... I actually called the USCIS and they said that an order for FP was generated Nov 14th so i dont know..........maybe i will go next week to the fort lauderdale one and see..... or even try both ASC.....

By the way...

How do u guys contact a sentaor? how do u know which one? and were to get there phone # and information from? maybe i should give it a try!!!

anxious_one

It makes sense. The adjudicating officer may only have the authority to make a recommendation to approve a case, but then a supervisor has to give the final OK, meaning that a case may be on a supervisor's desk for a few weeks behind other cases waiting in line for the supervisor's go ahead.

Bjorn,

thank you for the information... i actually found 2 senators here in florida on the website u gave me and i will contact both..... but do they really respond to the online request from?? and wat do u think i should ask so that they give my case good attention... i just applied a month ago... what could be a good starting question that they will not answer me back with "wahy dont u waite!!!"?

Last edited by a moderator: