motivation behind retrogression

guldukan

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to find out who is the real benefishary of current retro situation especially for India/China on EB2/EB3 catagory,

was there any law passed to end worldwide quota system,

How does USCIS made decsion on retorgression, was this influenced by any anti-immigration lobby

was this due to eliminate any backlogs(I am not sure there any I-485 backlogs, most of the cases are stuck in BEC)

who is gaining from this situation, the reason they things are getting unfold I have strong feeling somebody is architecting this retro game.

I am pretty sure guys at USCIS will not be making the decison without any influence from outside lobby group.

look at the way nurses got GCs, how illegals got away with 245i

guldukan said:
I am trying to find out who is the real benefishary of current retro situation especially for India/China on EB2/EB3 catagory,

was there any law passed to end worldwide quota system,

How does USCIS made decsion on retorgression, was this influenced by any anti-immigration lobby

was this due to eliminate any backlogs(I am not sure there any I-485 backlogs, most of the cases are stuck in BEC)

who is gaining from this situation, the reason they things are getting unfold I have strong feeling somebody is architecting this retro game.

I am pretty sure guys at USCIS will not be making the decison without any influence from outside lobby group.

look at the way nurses got GCs, how illegals got away with 245i

Well, they want to send over all immigrant people to their countries!

I am not sure about that, they do know that we will also take our jobs with us to India.

for myself, I will be taking my entire team job as I am a lead and will be training many others in my home country for the same "high paid jobs"

I bet these guys know this

Some facts

First of all it is not USCIS but DOS which did the retrogression based on the projected demand.

Now they (RNC -red neck club) , yes they want to anyway send immigrants back to their country so that they can demand any salary they want and NOT work lol on their sofas etc. This might have triggered someone to look at the long run wrong formula for cuttoff dates and correct it or further mess it up to cause this problem. How come we have a sudden retrogression to "unavailable" ?

I will stop here I am feeling very sad...

guys we need to get a grip........i see this as a simple demand supply issue.......it was high time USCIS brought this retrogression....otherwise....because of the PERM me being PD-2005-india-eb3 would have got the GC by now....even though people are still waiting from 2002 belonging to EB2 category...

real reason is to implement FIFO policy......and to reduce work load since 485s will not be filed and no need for endless RFEs......since anyways they do not have visas available for the retrogressed categories......

sorry if i dont make much sense...

Mismanagement ...

techy2468 said:
guys we need to get a grip........i see this as a simple demand supply issue.......it was high time USCIS brought this retrogression....otherwise....because of the PERM me being PD-2005-india-eb3 would have got the GC by now....even though people are still waiting from 2002 belonging to EB2 category...

real reason is to implement FIFO policy......and to reduce work load since 485s will not be filed and no need for endless RFEs......since anyways they do not have visas available for the retrogressed categories......

sorry if i dont make much sense...

Guys and Gals,

This retrogression is a result of mismangement of the process while the dates were current. During the 4-5 years that all categories were current, Service Centers did not follow any policy consistently. Some service centers stuck to FIFO, others started approving 140s and 485s together, still others shipped of tons of cases to local offices to improve their backlog numbers, CSC and VSC went on an approval rampage in 2004 and used up a lot of visa numbers that should have been shared by all 4 service center applicants. A lot of TSC and NSC applicants got screwed here .. TSC forgot about people who filed in 2001 and 2002 and started approving applicants who had applied in 03 and 04. No one looked at PDs at that time. The list can go on and on ... it all boils down to one thing ... total MISMANAGEMENT of the process ... that is the reason ... someone had to pay the price for this mess and we are paying it ...

On the flip side, this mismanagement has been a boon for a lot of applicants from 03 and 04. I know a lot of people who got their GCs within 6-9 months of applying their 140/485 concurrently. So there were a good number of people who got lucky because of this mismanagement. All of us who are stuck should accept that we ended up at the short end of the stick. We did nothing wrong, we probably couldn't have done anything differently to change this situation .. lets just move on with our lives and not bank on this GC .. that is the only solution .. life is not always fair and in this particular situation we are on the losing end. There will be other times when we will be on the other side ..

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Saras,

a friend of mine with PD june 2002 got approved I got stuck with PD july 2002,

anyway, itz not fair that we are paying price for USCIS mismanagement

I wonder if there is any law we use to sue these guys

The issue is not only for employment based category for India, but as well as for the family based catergory ( F2B) for philippines. Imagine it has retrogessed for 4 years! !! I am one of those hopefuls who has anticipated of landing on the american soil to be with my parents soon. PD : Sept. '96. But i got the shocked of my life when the Aug. Bulletin was released!! It's really disgusting!

Does it mean that i have to wait for another 4 years ????? Is there any bill for family unification that could benefit those like in my case?? Is there anything to do about it?

Honestly, waiting in vain really pains. It's getting dimmer . I'm feeling hopeless....;-(

guldukan said:
I agree with Saras,

a friend of mine with PD june 2002 got approved I got stuck with PD july 2002,

anyway, itz not fair that we are paying price for USCIS mismanagement

I wonder if there is any law we use to sue these guys

Aaa gaale lag ja
meaning lets hug each other
In sep05 i thought when Oct05 rolls in i will be first guy in the Q (hihihihihi) with PD of July 2002/EB3/Indie but whooooaaaa dates go back LOL

Cheers mate

Also another issue with us is that there are lot of parents who have greencard and citizenship on basis of their naturalized US citizen sons and daughters who reside in India and only visit US for a few months in summer.

If these greencard go against the quota for India it is another factor acting against the EB category given the total number of immigrant visas for India.I hope I am wrong here.

When I went to US Embassy to get my H1 stamped in India, I met someone who was at the information desk inquiring about how could she return the seven unwanted greencards that her family members held and made no use of.

I do agree to various viewpoints here. But the motivation behind retrogression is a fact that this is the outcome by anti immigrant groups lobbying against skilled workers. Things like outsourcing fuelled up the motivation. H1b workers complaining against employers not paying on bench etc... further motivated the cause. Misuse of substituted L/C s and issues with prevailing wages etc... further gave reasons to the anti immigrant groups to fuel their cause. Both pro immigrant and anti immigrant groups are working hard to nail each other. They have been successful finding faults with skilled immigration and influence the politicians whereas we have also been successful in keeping our jobs and making the politicians realise that there must be some sort of skilled immigration for America to be what it is now.
We have been very honest and sincere and followed the system, but some of our friends did not and offcourse they are not to blame, but unfortunately these are the points that are used by anti immigration groups against us. When they dig into all these things like outsourcing, low wages, exploitation by employer etc...... companies filing h1bs in 100s and 10000s all these links seems to point to one country and nationals of that country.
Here it is a situation where sincere, hardworking people must pay the price for all this mess.
This issue has been there in the past and was dealt with in the same way. America opened its doors to skilled professionals from India in the 70s but at that time, they shut doors as soon as they started getting complaints from anti immigrant groups that Indians are taking their jobs blah blah blah and regulated the existing immigrants. But now situation is different. Here there is a fear of outsourcing and reverse brain drain and more hate from anti immigrant groups and it is difficult to balance things. There is no way to shut doors to new h1bs and a lot of new h1bs are added from one country. The only way they see they can control is using retrogression. Yes, my friends, we are paying a heavy price because of this situation though it makes n o good to the economy.
Only thing we can do now is to lobby for relief and stop bashing each other and keep doing our good jobs.