Mother in Law VISA Renewal

azappl

Registered Users (C)
My mom had 10 year multiple entry VISA that expired few months ago. We are in process of renewing her VISA and as per the some new information on VFS website, she would qualify for interview waiver.

As per the information, we only need to send following document with the application

1. Original Passport (old passports to be attached if you have the previous U.S visa pasted on it).
2. DS -160 nonimmigrant visa application confirmation sheet.
3. Original HDFC application fee receipt (Embassy Copy).
4. 1 Photograph with white background (2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size. Specifications available on the VFS website.

Does this mean that we don't need to submit affidavit of support, invitation letters etc. information along with the application.

Few years ago, we had applied for extension of stay and was approved, she has never over stayed in US. Would that be a problem in renewal.

My mom had 10 year multiple entry VISA that expired few months ago. We are in process of renewing her VISA and as per the some new information on VFS website, she would qualify for interview waiver.

As per the information, we only need to send following document with the application

1. Original Passport (old passports to be attached if you have the previous U.S visa pasted on it).
4. 1 Photograph with white background (2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size. Specifications available on the VFS website.

Does this mean that we don't need to submit affidavit of support, invitation letters etc. information along with the application.

Few years ago, we had applied for extension of stay and was approved, she has never over stayed in US. Would that be a problem in renewal.

None of that other stuff was ever REQUIRED and still is not REQUIRED.

People without past violations have less problems in renewals most of the time.

You will have to go through the whole visa application process each time you want to apply for a visa, even if your visa is still valid. There are some situations where a visa applicant may not need to be interviewed when renewing her visa. See the U.S. Embassy website for more information.

azappl:
I am in the same boat. My mother's VISA is going to expire this month and we would like her to apply for VISA again. Could you please post your experience? Any notes will help