Most unfortunate guys in immigration

This is good information.

Will there be any negative impact on the I-485 applicaiton, if the Judge won't be convinced you should get right away? Other than wait & wait again.
(very rare case, this may happen if the attorney is not clear about the case and miss to submit all evidences)

I don't think there is negative impact on application unless until you have criminal background/unlawful status etc....of course they will impact on case even the application is processing in normal way....

WOM is enforcing the entity to process in time.....

Thanks for the info.

I think I need to start preparing to file WOM.

I called NSC just now and the lady answered as mine is under Extended Review and not sure about the time frame.
I was little hard on her and asking her more info on what they are doing as part of the extended review and what is the criteria to select a file for extended review.
She didn't answer any thing other than saying file is under extended review and asked to contact attorney or Social Services out side. When I tried to stress on the same thing again, she wanted to terminate the call.

Thanks for the info.

I think I need to start preparing to file WOM.

I called NSC just now and the lady answered as mine is under Extended Review and not sure about the time frame.
I was little hard on her and asking her more info on what they are doing as part of the extended review and what is the criteria to select a file for extended review.
She didn't answer any thing other than saying file is under extended review and asked to contact attorney or Social Services out side. When I tried to stress on the same thing again, she wanted to terminate the call.

I know how frustrated you are while you get no proper response from them...."Extended Review" is totally black box issue....no one says what exactly it is.....

Extended or whatever Review is not affected many so far..... everyone thinks only about Namecheck issue and assumes everything will be done automatically once it resolved.....but xxx review is most frustration issue than FBI Namecheck....

No one really knows about this stage being current and under extended review for years. So every one worried about Name Check.

But very very few people are affected by this. And irrespective of the different enquiries to all levels not helping that much. So I am trying to see if any one really under XXX Review get approvals.

I am not sure for how long I am on this ext. review. I got my 3rd FP in May 2007 when I was out of country. My attorney knows about my vacation and he postponed the FP to July 3rd. I came back on June 16th and called NSC first time around June 18th 2007 and came to know about this E review. My spouse 3rd FP was also pending in July 2007 and they haven't initiated it afterwards even though we requested many times.

I am guessing my file went to E Review in May/June 2007 when I postponed my FP. Once it's under E reivew they are not initiating any activities like spouse FP, etc.

My son's (12 years) first Biometrics done in Feb 2007. They initiated 3rd FP for me in May 2007. So there was some activity on my file in the first half of 2007.

My attorney took a copy of my I-485 when he visited NSC in Nov 2007 and talked with a supervisor. He got an email later about my case as it is pending due to internal checks and they don't have the time frame. My attorney told me wait and wait.

I don't see any reason from my side so trying to find out from them what is the criteria for selecting a file for any xxx Review and what they do it during that time.

Under Pending review / additional review/ extended review or just under review while they are " agressively " processing the case has been my story so far too since 2003.
I was also under the impression that most cases under review are in local offices.It is strange to see so many cases stuck at NSC or TSC as well.
TO me extended review is is that they have requested certian information from a third agency , could be your home country consulate/embassy , or any other agency USCIS works with.
I used to think WOM is a solution to it. But I want to do some research before hand on where a WOM was decided against instead of in favour. Does anyone have a link to that.

For the same reason I am trying to findout the criteria behind selecting a file for extended review. So many critical cases got approved and I have been getting the H1 stampings almost from 2001 from the home country to 2007. Spending so much money to be in status with H1 and for EAD/AP in case needed, but USCIS don't care. Never been out of status till now and not even filed AC21. Working for the same company since 2001.

For the same reason I am trying to findout the criteria behind selecting a file for extended review. So many critical cases got approved and I have been getting the H1 stampings almost from 2001 from the home country to 2007. Spending so much money to be in status with H1 and for EAD/AP in case needed, but USCIS don't care. Never been out of status till now and not even filed AC21. Working for the same company since 2001.

Hi vvvunlucky,

I have a question.... I have seen in this forum that you went for AILA enquiry....right.... what happened ? Did you get the result with exact status ?

I spoke to my attorny, he said I can go with AILA enquiry but they are charging $600 for that....I will be OK if I get exact status why my case is pending Additional/External review..... but attorney said, he is not sure about the result and I may get same response as I got it from Senator like "Case is pending for Additional Review and will not process the case until it is completed...etc".

It is useless if I get same response after I spent $600 and waited couple more months.....so I would like to know whether it is good to go for AILA enquiry before WOM process ?

I posted reply in your other thread. I didn't get any reply from AILA enquiry. Not sure to trust my attorney. But he only told me he is going to take my info to talk with NSC supervisor when he was visiting NSC last year. Later he told me to wait nothig will help at this time. He said he will contact agian once

I don't think AILA enquiry will help. But if he won't charge you better go for it. I don't think USCIS is ready to disclose any info on these reviews. Otherwise I would have got it by at least from one IIO or through infopass or at least from any forum.

That is the reason I wanted to bring up at high level so that we can disclose this info. But we are very few going under this phase.

Cannot file WOM till current

Hi Guys,
I was reading on Murthy that we cannot any more file WOM till the priority dates are current. We could do that earlier as murthy had done for many cases in June but from July onwards we need to be current to file WOM. this means we cannot even file WOM till Oct as that is when we would know who is current as per the sept visa bulliten . so stuck again till Oct 2008......

Hi

Dear guys,

Better go to your Own country. Come back again. There is no point in waiting....

Waste of energy.. waste of time.. That is my recommdation..

Dont know when...

Hi Friends,

I am also going thru the same pain. The wait has been too long now. Dont know what is the best option...wait till Oct, 2008 and file WOM or not to file WOM.

Goodluck to everyone and wish you an early freedom!

xyzstud.

Dont know what is the best option...wait till Oct, 2008 and file WOM or not to file WOM.

If you are EB3-India, then your PD is UNAVAILABLE and you cannot be approved before October 1st. A WOM is useless, because you cannot compel the government via WOM to perform an act they are not legally able to do.

I'm in the same boat... Our priority date is current and our case is "on hold"/"extended review". We are actually ready to move to Europe (I am EU citizen). My spouse is a bit hesitant, especially when many of our aqaintances, friends urge us to wait a bit more. He talked toa person who works a s a paralegal today, and she said, that she heard a rumour, that a lot of the cases that are under extended review would get approved in October/December 2008. Well, I would like to leave in Sept, since we have our stuff packed and I handed in my notice at work... My head is spinning...

maybe

folks that have made a lot of enquiries on their cases must have diverted to Extended review, if you called TSC/NSC too much, too much of senator enquiries, they must have kept the case file on the side.

This is just what I think.

all of u guys
its almost more than 1 year u guys posted this information.......any update after that....pl let me know i m relly frustrated:mad:

all of u guys
its almost more than 1 year u guys posted this information.......any update after that....pl let me know i m relly frustrated:mad:

I had my interview last month and now I am waiting for supervisor's approval.
They had my file mixed with three or more people who had similar name or DOB. Anyone who had the same experience or had interview at the virginia office recently.