Moral Turpitude

Rafiq

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My wife has filed for divorce and she had been seeing someone behind my back. Is Adultery considered a crime of MT? Will this make her inadmissible for US citienship?

Thanks,
Rafiq

Sorry to hear that your wife did that to you. Adultery used to be included into either moral turpitude or good moral character. I don't remember now exactly which one. Anyway, the important thing is that a bunch of years ago it was dropped, and it is not an issue anymore.

To be honest your post makes me curious if you wanted to use this to exact revenge against her, or because you were worried about her wellbeing?

My 2 cents.

Hmmmm

Huracan, You sure do have interesting way of looking at things, from the
question I was pretty sure that he want's to get back at her but from a narrow (almost invisible) angle it may be possible that he is worried about her citizenship:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that your wife did that to you. Adultery used to be included into either moral turpitude or good moral character. I don't remember now exactly which one. Anyway, the important thing is that a bunch of years ago it was dropped, and it is not an issue anymore.

To be honest your post makes me curious if you wanted to use this to exact revenge against her, or because you were worried about her wellbeing?

My 2 cents.

Rafiq,

Did you apply for her greencard (e.g. did she get marriage-based greencard)?

I suppose if above was the case and if you feel like you were used for greencard (LOTS of ifs heres), you can write some sort of letter to INS to report fraud???

I originally ask the question as I was filling in her N-400 for the future and wanted to coach her to only answer what is asked and not go into detail of her affair. I gleened what I needed and don't want revenge as I am letting her go but I've decided that she is on her own from now on and will have to file by herself.

Thanks for your replies.

Rafiq

I was right then that it was possible that this was not a revenge case. Don't take it bad, we have had people in the past making this kind of post just to try to find out if they could screw up their ex-spouses immigration. I don't like this, except if it has been a blatant fraud case, i.e. the spouse married you just to get papers and then dumped you.

I think the right thing to do is to let her take care of her case, but adultery is not an issue during naturalization, not under moral turpitude/good character. Only way I think this could be an issue is if the GC was obtained through marriage, and the marriage was in bad faith, and the adultery is perhaps proof of bad faith. However, I don't know how much of an issue this might be.

Wow

Rafiq, Wow, I do not know what to say, you are still concerned with her well being after what she has done to you, good luck with everything.

Hi all,

My wife has filed for divorce and she had been seeing someone behind my back. Is Adultery considered a crime of MT? Will this make her inadmissible for US citienship?

Thanks,
Rafiq
I have one thing to say to you. DO NOT WORRY! WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

Guys! Stop putting thoughts into Rafiq's head. He's a good guy and does not want to screw up his ex wife even though she screwed him, literally and figuratively. Now, let the guy go and stop turning him into a revenge-seeking missile.

And yes, Huracan, your mind sure does work in weird ways! Way to go boy!