Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

prithis

Hi prithis,

expect around 1 - 2 mnths you will get your interview date that was how long it took me did the sae mistake as you did sent in notroized and not orignals

Good luck

and don't worry its a very smooth process from here onwards

Hi Prithis,

Can you please post the phone number for AVM at NVC?

Also, if anyone in this forum is sponsoring an adopted child, please reply. I have a few questions regarding the same.

Thank you.

shya2001

hi shya2001:

You said earlier that you called RCMP and that if I have a case number I can get my PCC in 20 minutes. Is this really true? what number did you call ? and did you tell them?

thanks,
syriano

shya2001:

The NVC number is 603.3340700. After you dial this number, follow the voice prompts to find out your CP case status. You will need your NVC case number. Also, if you do not get the information you need, you can dial 0 and speak to an agent. However, the agent will not help you if you do not have your case number.

Prithis

Hi Saryn, thokoo, syriano, prithis,

I don't see any updates after Sep.13. Please post progress regarding the status of your cases. As for me, I finally got all the
documents and forms for Packet 3 ready and hopefully my lawyer
office will be mailing it out next week. It took me a week to get the PCC from Toronto and 20 minutes to get the RCMP clearance. My lawyer said that we do not need fingerprints for RCMP (which usually takes much longer).

In DS-230 Part I, if you are living in Canada which address do you give? Is a friend's address acceptable for both portions (where you intend to live, as well as address to mail the Greencards?
Any updates are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

shya2001

I'm still waitng on the PCC from RCMP. It has been 2.5 months already and I have not received anything yet. RCMP is saying that the average processing time for processing has jumped to 5 months!!!!! I do not know really what to do.

Are you sure that you do not need finderprints for RCMP? according to my understanding, we do need the fingerprints and that's why everybody has to go through this long process.

Please advise.

As for the address, any address would work. They will usually contact you through your laywer.

thanks,
syriano

RCMP

I had to get finger print clearance. My lawyer said that is needed.
I waited 3 months to get it.

Thank you Saryn for the update. That's what I thought...becuase I remeber carefully that we need the fingerprints so Shya you might want to doublecheck with your lawyer.
Syriano

Hi Saryn, Syriano,

Could you please post the foll. for me.

1. Are you citizens or permanent residents of Canada?
2. At the present time are you living inside or outside of Canada.

I asked my lawyer several times and she says that I do not need fingerprints. Can someone else clarify.

Thanks

Hi,

As an addendum to my previous post, I presently live in Canada.
Maybe that makes a difference. I also searched this forum by
typing in RCMP Clearance and came up with several posts submitted by Zaye, Henry and Prithis. Please refer to the same.

Thanks

Finger print for PCC

Here's what I understand up to now,

1) if you are currently resident of Canada, you only need name check based PCC from local police for filing DS-230.

2) if you are currently resident outside Canada but once lived in Canada for > 6 months, then you have to get finger print checked PCC from RCMP in Ottawa.

3) It also seems that some of the US consulates (such as the one in Islamabad, See Zaye's posts) don't require finger print checked PCC, but the consulate in Montreal definitively needs it.

4) All these don't seem to have to do with the citizenship of the applicants, i.e., whether he/she has Canadian citizenship or not.

I have been waiting for PCC from Ottawa for more than 2.5 months. Get nothing yet.

Recently I added a thread on the issue of "Canadian PCC taking 5 months". But it didn't get a lot of feedback. It seems us folks who will go through Montreal consulate are in absolute minority here.

-henry

Last edited by a moderator:
Status changed to "completed", and wife expecting

Folks, today (7-Oct) my case status with NVC changed to "completed". What does this mean? Does this imply that all my documentation has been reviewed and found to be adequate, and that NVC is ready to send my case to Montreal? By the way, I submitted all original documents, including a "name check" PCC for Canada along with P3. I am a Canadian resident (Indian citizen). Any inputs will be appreciated.

I have other complications coming up. My wife is expecting and will have a baby in the next 2 weeks. My paralegal is trying to find out the implications and way forward, but any input from the experts will be appreciated.

Prithis

P3 Completed

I called today as well and my status was changed to "Completed" on October 8th. The voicemail message said to expect a package in 8 weeks.

Does anyone know if I can call the NVC right now and ask when my interview date is?

BTW, I had to wait 4 months before I received my Police Certificate. What a hassle!

delivery expected - expect some delay

Prithis,

I was in the same boat as you. I had delay after we had a baby. After the baby is born, you have to send the the fees for the baby. Before that get the Long type live birth certificate (which takes 2-3 months in Canada, unless you are in Toronto). Then apply for the passport (2 days on urgent basis). And then send the fees along with the birth certificate etc.

I had also tried to call both the US consulate in Montreal (by e-mail) and NVC, both gave me a very comforting answer, to just let them know when the birth happens, but the reality was different.

Just to give you a time to estimate. I was almost expecting the interview in Dec, we had the baby in Nov and had our interview in May.

Good luck.

Still awaiting on letter fron NVC

Guys, NVC is requesting addtional infor after i sent my P3 ... and the system says they sent me a letter on Sep 29th. As of today I have not received any thing. Every time i call them they say "give it more time". How long do i need to wait? can i have my lawyer request another copy?

thanks,
syriano

Hi Prithis,

Regarding the Birth Certificate what ss11 says is true. I went to the office that issues Birth Certificates (not for a BC but for Name change). Apparently the Provincial Government closed a lot of offices in other cities for same day Birth Certificate. It is worth
going to Toronto to get the same, since it will save you time. Be sure to get there as early as possible since it is very crowded. We got there around noon and they said they were not even sure if we would be attended to that day. Finally we got ours done at 4.00 pm.

Hi Syriano,

Can you please post when your lawyer office sent the initial package (packet 3) to NVC?

Thanks

My p3 was sent on 9/18 and on 9/29 the status was changed to "imcomplete documents". These guys at the NVC doing the preliminary processing either new or do not know what they are doing. When they send you P3 to fill out they tell not to provide any PCC from a country where you have not lived for more than 6 months. They also give you a list of countries where PCC are not obtainable. Well I took their word for granted and submitted my P3 without the PCC. The next thing I receive is a letter from them asking about the two PCCs missing and causing me a two months of delay. I hate this mess.

Syriano