Montreal Interview Tracker: Ara2000, Veteran, Mamba, Berty, Jaks, Dongky, Enduring, James Smith, Kx

ATTABOY:

I would defer the estimates question to NVC, as I can only tell you about my case. I think it took them two weeks to create the case, one week to send Packet 3. You may want to call NVC and find out if they have received your approval. Someone posted earlier that cases are entered in the NVC computers on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Ara2000:

I called NVC today. According to the operator, my case review was completed on 1/7/02. Seems rather quick, so I\'ll double check with my attorney. By the way, the operator indicated that even though the review is complete, the interview is subject to capacity limitation and may not occur until April \'02.

Have you called them up lately?

Good news

They always give them some leeway. Could be much better. BTW, when did you send your Packet 3?

No Title

Sent packet to ST Louis on 8/3/01
NVC recd it first week of sept.

They sent an enquiry to my lawyer to prove why I should be allowed to go to Montreal for CP.

Lawyer sent a reply end of Nov. No reply yet. We sent a enquiry to NVC this week. waiting for response.

Veteran

No Title

I called them on Friday (1/11/02) nothing yet. I have four applications in there (myself, my wife and two kids). I don\'t know if that makes any difference. They may also decide to do an FBI check based on the country where I was born. (I\'m a naturalized Canadian Citizen whereas my wife and my kids are born Canadians). gcDrone do you have any ideas when they require FBI check.

Ara2000:

It has been rumored that since the 9/11 events, applicants from certain countries have been subject to FBI check. Since PCCs are still deemed unavailable from the US, FBI check, if required, will be performed by NVC as part of the application process.

There are very few Montreal CP’ers on this board, so it difficult to gauge the impact of any new policies.

India PCCs

bubba:

Indian nationals who wish to obtain India PCCs for consular processing in Montreal, may follow the general rules of thumb:
- if your current passport was issued in the US or Canada, you should obtain a PCC from the passport issuing agency (i.e., Indian embassy or consulate).
- If you have been living in the US or Canada for a while (1 year or more), you should obtain a PCC from the nearest Indian consulate or embassy. (Local authorities are your place of residence in India may be unwilling to provide a clearance, since you have been out of the country for a while.)
- If you arrived in the US or Canada recently, (less than a year), you can obtain PCC from local Indian authorities at your place of residence in India.

In my case, I submitted a PCC from the Indian Embassy in US for myself, and a PCC issued by local Indian authorities for my wife. NVC hasn’t complained so far.

Again, the above is for consular processing in Montreal, consular posts in India may have different requirements.

lawyer holding on package 3

Hi I sent all the documents required for the package 3 to my lawyer and she is supposed to file the forms and then call me when it is ready for my signature. But it\'s been 2 months and every time a call her she said she has other cases ahead of me.

What to you think? Is it normal that she is taking that much time?

Oceanne

oceanne:

This is certainly not “normal”! If you have assembled all the documents (as required by your Packet 3 instructions), the lawyer should take no more than two weeks to send Packet 3 to NVC. Sitting on these documents for two months is clearly unacceptable. We live with “backlogs” in INS or NVC because there are no alternatives to these agencies. Not so with regards the services of a law firm. You need to impress this upon your lawyer.

The only forms that you need to sign in Packet 3 are DS 230 part-I and I-134 (this needs to be notarized). If your lawyer still hasn’t drafted these, you can download them from www.immihelp.com and draft them yourself.

Not trying to patronize the reader, but I think one should be assertive and proactive when dealing with company lawyers. They may have a lot on their plates, and your case could easily fall through the cracks if not tended to properly.

No Title

DS-230 Part I & II and I-134, in all, do not require more than 2 HOURS (yes HOURS) to prepare if you have all the information (and I believe that your lawyer has all info). I have known ppl who have dumped their lawyers and prepared P3 themselves and had successful CP. That saves both time and money. gcDrone is right and you need to tell your lawyer to expedite the filing. best regards ..

No Title

Dongky, do you have any idea why your case took 6 weeks for review while others take only 2 weeks. Just trying to find an explanation for mine. Thanks

No Title

I think mainly due to holiday season. month of Dec is very slow in everywhere. But who knows. NVC used to say 4-6 weeks for review before now 6-8 weeks. they might be more cautious too.

???? Question for James Smith ????

I actually have two questions for you:

a)what INS service center did you file your I-140
b)How long after you I-140 AD did NVC receive your petition? Did you confirm this with NVC?

Thanks for your input....