Montreal Interview Tracker: Ara2000, Veteran, Mamba, Berty, Jaks, Dongky, Enduring, James Smith, Kx

Doctors in Toronto & more ...

Doctors in Toronto:

Howard Seiden & Associates
Front-Frederick Health Services
145 Front Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1E3
416-362-5603

MDS Executive Health Services
4 King Street W., Suite 202
Toronto, ON M5H 1B6
416-364-3008

You can check the entire list at:
http://www.jackson-hertogs.com/dr/canada.htm

(This is the same as what my law firm sent me.)

Feb 20th report - Possible April or May interview date

P3 Received by NVC: Jan 17
Reviewed: Feb 7

As per NVC should be included on report: Feb 20

As per NVC interview date should be available between Feb 21 to March 15.

As per NVC interview date: Either in April or May

HOPING FOR APRIL!!

Update #3

140 AD: 12/26/2001
NVC RD: 01/18/2002
NVC IV Case Created: 01/23/2002 (petition entered into the system)

NVC Generated Packet 3: 02/18/2002

Question for gcDrone and James Smith

Guys,

How long after the PAcket 3 has been generated does it take NVC to actually send it out? Can I assume that after the packet is generated that it is immediately sent out? I asked the NVC operator and she told me that they do not have a "Sent Packet 3" status in their system. She told me it could take as long as 4 weeks for the attorney on file to receive it(she said off the record that was their standard response). I was wondering what you guys found out about this.

Thanks.

Cptracker.com can give the details.

Some times they send it on the same day. Generally they create the case on Mondays and Tuesday s and then create the P3 the following Monday or Tuesday and mostly mail it the same day. But I If you check the Cptracker.com, you can get more clear details. I saw some postings the P3 was mailed out one week after the P3 was created.

Hope this helps.

Another Update

140 AD: 12/26/2001
NVC RD: 01/18/2002
NVC IV Case Created: 01/23/2002 (petition entered into the system)
NVC Generated Packet 3: 02/18/2002

* PKT3-YOU: 02/23/02 (received by attorney)

Canadian Police Certificate

I heard a lot about NVC accepts name-based canadian police certificate from someone who are still living in Canada. What\'s you guys\' experience? I am asking this because it seems to me we need at least to get twice the PC since it will only be valid for six months.

Confirmation

Yes, according to the latest Packet 3 for Montreal interviews, current residents of Canada only need a name-based police certificate.

I am not sure what you mean by "get twice".

Don\'t need twice

As far as I understand, the validity of certificates does not have six months limit if you are not currently living in Canada and never go back for extended periods after the certifying date. It makes common sense too. How can there be any more info after the certifying date if you are not present in Canada thereafter.

Any expert view of point on this?

When to obtain Canadian Police Certificates

If you are physically residing in Canada, you can use the name based certificate. It takes a week or so to get the name based certificate. You should obtain it after your I-140 is approved and NVC has received your case. Even if the PCC is valid for six months, there is enough time for NVC to complete the case review, assuming you follow the general timeline.

If you are not residing in Canada, you can obtain a "Finger Print" based PCC. It can take upto sixty days. (Some people have received it in three to four weeks.) A finger print based PCC is typically valid for one year. You should obtain it while you are waiting for your I-140 to be approved.

Whether you physically reside in Canada or not, there is no need to obtain a PCC twice, as long as you time it properly and your case doesn\'t face arbitrary delays.

For more information on Canadian PCCs, you can look up:
http://immihelp.com/articles/cpcc.html

thanks

My PC will expire in one month and I have to go throuth the process again, and it\'s all because things that we can\'t control. This time, I will do the name-based check.

another question: besides PC, BC, what documents does one need to prepare before he gets his packet 3 from NVC?

Documents for P3

Sorry to hear about your PCC\'s expiry. You may want to wait until NVC has created your case if obtaining a name based PCC.

Document requirements for P3 (a.k.a Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants) are different for different people. For Montreal, you may need to furnish:

- Birth Certificate(s) or Affidavits
- Police Clearance Certificates
- Marriage Certificate
- Court and Prison Records
- Military Records
- Evidence of Support (I-864 for family based petitions, I-134 for dependents in employment based petitions)
- Proof of eligibility, if not a citizen of Canada

This is not an exhaustive list and NVC may demand additional documents. Also, please note that NVC has required some applicants to provide originals or certified copies of the above documents. (See previous posts in this discussion.)

Along with P3, you will also need to submit:
- Completed DS-230, parts I and II
- Application Fees ($260 per applicant)

NVC may also ask you to keep the following ready for subsequent processing (P4 / interview)
- Passports that are valid at least six months beyond the date of visa issuance
- Photographs, per NVC standards
- Immunization records
- IRS tax transcripts / W2s, etc.

Passport

Yes, Canadian citizens require a passport.

In fact, you will have to send a photocopy of the information page with the remainder of your documents.

Docs for P3

Just a few more questions......
Do you need to get PCC from UK if stayed there for 14 months for Montreal processing?
Do we need to provides spouses W2/IRS tax transcript?
Is spouses current status important (he is on his own work visa - not as a dependent on mine)
What do you do if you don\'t have any immunization records, is a letter from a family physician (in canada) sufficient?

thanks for your input

PCC from RCMP Q

Do you need to take your canadian passport with I-94 to the police station for a finger print based RCMP PCC? If not what docs does one need to take to the police station?

skomarav:

Do you need to get PCC from UK if stayed there for 14 months for Montreal processing?
Yes, you need to get PCC from all countries where you have stayed for over six months, and from where PCCs are obtainable.

Do we need to provides spouses W2/IRS tax transcript?
Yes. The consulates collect tax filing information for IRS\' use. It is not part of your immigrant visa processing. Since each applicant is required to submit an IRS9003, it is advisable to carry W2 / tax transcripts for last three tax years for all applicants, where applicable. Of course, not all documents that you carry may be inspected. It is better to carry too much than too little.

Is spouses current status important (he is on his own work visa - not as a dependent on mine)

No, the status is not important, as long has the person has maintained valid status throughout their stay in the US. However, many conservative lawyers advise that the dependent should be on a visa that has a dual intent (e.g., H1-B). In your case, if your spouse has a work visa it is likely to be dual intent. In practice, dependent\'s visa type has never been an issue, many patrons of this board have consular processed successfully with their spouses on F1 (a non dual intent visa).

What do you do if you don\'t have any immunization records, is a letter from a family physician (in canada) sufficient?

For Montreal, you need the following immunizations:
- MMR
- DpT
- Varicella (Chicken pox)

For Varicella, a verbal declaration is sufficient. For MMR and DpT, written records are required. Here is an excerpt from Dr. Howard Seiden’s web site ( http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm)

You must provide the panel physician with a written record of you vaccine history. Ideally the written proof should list each dose of each vaccine you have been given -- the date (month, day, year) and who gave you the vaccine. You cannot simply tell the panel physician that you had vaccinations as a child. We cannot accept notes from you doctor like: "Vaccinations up to date" or "Does not require additional vaccines."
When no written vaccination history is available, you may present the Panel Physician with written laboratory proof of immunity in the form of antibody titers. A titer report should be dated and either be on your doctor\'s letterhead or be a copy of the actual laboratory report. Your personal physician can arrange the necessary blood tests. However, depending upon where you live, test results may not be available for a number of weeks. When no written vaccination history is available, but you can recall receiving immunization injections, we strongly recommend you discussing having antibody titres to determine whether additional immunizations are medically necessary.

Do you need to take your canadian passport with I-94 to the police station for a finger print based RCMP PCC? If not what docs does one need to take to the police station?

A photo ID is required. A passport is often the best form of ID. I used my Driver License. For more information on RCMP’s criminal records check, look up:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/html/crimrec_finger2.htm

No Title

Review Complete on 2/22/02 after an RFE requesting the following:
1. Originals of all the documents (BC, PC)
2. Wife\'s passport close to expiration date
3. Police Certificate from France where I lived for only 10 months.

I submitted a name based PC from Canada, although I have been living in US for the last seven years. Meanwhile, I have a fingerprint based PC which I will bring it with me for the interview in case it becomes an issue.

One more thing for which I will pay a price and hope others will benefit for free. I got the blood titer done to show that we are immune to RMR and TD. Guess what? the insurance does not cover them and they cost little over $1,000 for myself and my wife :( I just got the bill for them.
The alternate would have been to take booster shots from the panel physician at the cost of about $20 CAN. Free advice for you guys.