Month of MAY filers, here is your thread

Wife did her FP last Saturday. There was only 1 other person, she went in and out for less than 15 minutes.

She has light fingerprints, so the lady who helped her had to put a lotion (some kind of liquid) & wipe for each finger one at a time. Just for 'the fun of it' they tried without the lotion, and sure enough, the system gave fail message and asked to re-take.

I hope she's getting the EAD and GC soon.

I have my Latest Update for I-485 and I-765 on 6/9/08 i.e 2 days after the finger print.

My question is, am I supposed to see LUP on the I-130 application? I looked the case/receipt number, the case still hasn't shown up in USCIS website. I'm still getting:

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Is this normal??

I got my FP notice today. I'm supposed to be at Disney World that day ... darn ... I guess Mickey can wait. After FP is done, the really long wait starts. Good luck to all.

Why don't you try a walk-in finger print?
I know some ppl do it if you have legitimate reason.
In your case, a proof if you have purchased any airline tickets.
Sometimes, they just take your words for it, do it especially on the non-busy day/hour.
Off course it all depends on your finger print place policy.

My service center is Vermont - and it took them a while to open my application . I also received a new receipt number on the Biometrics notice .

Application sent in May 12 ,
Rcd Date : June 03

I have my Latest Update for I-485 and I-765 on 6/9/08 i.e 2 days after the finger print.

My question is, am I supposed to see LUP on the I-130 application? I looked the case/receipt number, the case still hasn't shown up in USCIS website. I'm still getting:

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Is this normal??

All of mine (I-130, I-131, I-485 and I-765) showed up at once, but I have read about others that it took awhile for all of them to show up online. Only the I-485 and I-765 cases updated after my FP appt.

Plus the online status is only somewhat accurate - some people still have theirs showing up as "pending" even after they've received their GC. I wouldn't worry about it yet.

I received request for initial evidence today.

i initially expected to receive approval of employment card within 2 or 3 months after I filed the application. It has been 37 days since I filed it. Now in the letter it is said they will process my employment authorization within 90 days after receiving missing evidence. Does this mean it will delay the date I get employment authorization card even I will submit the evidence immidiately? I want to go to work so badly. I want to get the card asap. Now it seems it would be later than I expected. Anyone has experience on this ?

RECORD TIME FOR BIOMETRICS CODE 3

I completed my Code 3 Biometrics in Hartford DO yesterday - there was one other person and I raced to complete the questionnaire . I was in and out in 9 minutes and 30 seconds.

I received request for initial evidence today.

i initially expected to receive approval of employment card within 2 or 3 months after I filed the application. It has been 37 days since I filed it. Now in the letter it is said they will process my employment authorization within 90 days after receiving missing evidence. Does this mean it will delay the date I get employment authorization card even I will submit the evidence immidiately? I want to go to work so badly. I want to get the card asap. Now it seems it would be later than I expected. Anyone has experience on this ?

Hi -

Do you mind sharing with us what the RFE asked for? What initial evidence was missing from your application?

Thanks!

Here is the latest update. We are still waiting to get the notice to verify the progress of our application. But my spouse has given the FP on wednesday. How long before you get the EAD/AP? Are we in fast track?

I130 & I485 receipt notices

Those who have received I485 and I130 receipt notices, can you tell me if USCIS indicates on the receipt the amount of money they have received as application fees? Is the application fees of $1010 and $355 mentioned on these receipts or on any receipts?

Thanks

I've been posting in the Parent sticky, but I'll add my timeline here.

Based on the parent sticky and the April threads, I'm expecting a transfer to from NBC to CSC sometime next week. It looks like they've slowed down a bit from the past few months.

-ML

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)

Guys, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to all the acronyms you guys use.

I am in Canada and my wife who is a US citizen applied for me in May. The current status online shows: "Case received and pending"

And the USCIS got the I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE on May 20, 2008.

As I was away during June '08 for school, and I did not see any letter in my mailbox from USCIS, What should be the next I can expect and when ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: We guys chose the consular processing route !!

Guys, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to all the acronyms you guys use.

I am in Canada and my wife who is a US citizen applied for me in May. The current status online shows: "Case received and pending"

And the USCIS got the I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE on May 20, 2008.

As I was away during June '08 for school, and I did not see any letter in my mailbox from USCIS, What should be the next I can expect and when ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: We guys chose the consular processing route !!

I'd suggest posting a new thread in this "Family based" forum. People on this May thread are usually Adjustment of Status applicants and probably aren't that familiar with the Consular Processing steps.

-ML

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)

Just got an e-mail from CRIS - and checked online...

Your I-765 has been approved. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Your I-131 has been approved - We have mailed you a notice that we approved your I-131. Please follow any instructions on the notice...

WooHoo!!!!!!!!! It's a start...:D