Monetary interest?

abug

Registered Users (C)
Dear Rajiv,

Have you though of a possible monetary interset in the backlog delay?

I'm not sure how many EADs and APs are processed every year, but at least each I-485 gets an EAD, so:

1.1 million applications pending times $120 per EAD = 132 million dollars a year

If only 50% of I-485 would get an AP, then:
550,000 applications times $110 per AP = 60.5 million dollars a year

We're talking about $192.5 million/year!!!!!!!!!!! just for the APs and EADs. What do they do with all that money?

You can add the income from the I-485 (which I forgot because it's been so long since I filed...). But with that annual income ALONE I think that ANY company in the universe could process ALL those applications in less than a year.

It might also be beneficial in this trial to investigate where all that money goes.

abug said:
Dear Rajiv,

Have you though of a possible monetary interset in the backlog delay?

I'm not sure how many EADs and APs are processed every year, but at least each I-485 gets an EAD, so:

1.1 million applications pending times $120 per EAD = 132 million dollars a year

If only 50% of I-485 would get an AP, then:
550,000 applications times $110 per AP = 60.5 million dollars a year

We're talking about $192.5 million/year!!!!!!!!!!! just for the APs and EADs. What do they do with all that money?

You can add the income from the I-485 (which I forgot because it's been so long since I filed...). But with that annual income ALONE I think that ANY company in the universe could process ALL those applications in less than a year.

It might also be beneficial in this trial to investigate where all that money goes.

Don't forget that the filing fees are only a fraction of the lawyer fees.
Mine just asked me a 1.5K fee for a simple 7th year H1B extention
I'm not suprised that Rajiv is not getting much support fighting the delays from his fellow lawyers.

You're right

You're right. My lawyer charges me $150 per EAD renewal and $150 per AP renewal. So me and my wife have an unnecessary expense of almost $600 a year in INS + Lawyer's fees. If every I 485 holder renews his EAD and AP that's 660 million dollars a year that we the immigrants are "burning".

I haven't received a response from Rajiv regarding this subjet. I think that this should be investigated

abug..
Good stastical data showing whats going on. Rajiv must be busy with this case. But I am sure he will consider this factor to prove his point.
Good luck...Rajiv