Mixing a regular info pass with Biometrics appt. for I-751

adnanusa

Registered Users (C)
Hi my friends. I have a quick question. My biometrics appointment is on Aug 16th, but I already had an info pass appointment on Aug 6th because I wanted to get my passport stamped so that I can travel internationlly without issues so that I visit my father who is sick right now. The question is, can I use this appointment to get done from the biometrics as well? Is it OK to do that (Note that I am early 10 days from my appointment day)!

I live in Seattle, does the Seattle office allow that? Do I need to make any special arrangments or fill forms before the appointment?

Thank you very much for your answers.

INFOPASS to speak with an Immigration Information Officer and the ASC are two totally different things.

You could try walk-in to the ASC center and see if they will accept you. Explain to them your situation.

In regards to your INFOPASS appointment to get your passport stamped, more then likely your request would be denied. The reason is you currently have your GC and the extension letter which extends the status of the card for one year. My wife traveled with the card and the letter while her I-751 was processing and never had any issue from CBP or foreign immigration officers. The only issue that she had was an airline representative here in the US that we assumed needed to verify the entry requirements for the country that my wife was traveling to because it was not the country that issued her passport. I say assumed because the agent didn't say anything to us, but just locked her computer and walked away with my wife's documents. She came back a couple of minutes latter, handed my wife her documents back and tagged her bags, but didn't explain why she walked away with the documents.

Thank you for the response!

Does Seattle have a walk-in biometrics service? Any one had such experience?

Thanks

In my Atlanta city, the office where I took my biometrics and where I had the Infopass appointment to have a stamp on my non-US passport are different.
I have a different situation from you: I took my biometrics after I missed the appointment date (twice), so I just walked in the office with the letter and took it in 1 hour.
So I would say that you check on the USCIS website whether they are the same location. If they are the same location, chances are they won't make it difficult for you to take the biometrics while you are already there.

I am going today for an infopass to get the passport stamped. I will try to get my biometrics done today as well. I hope they don't ask me to come on the appointment day (10 days from today!).

I will keep you posted on how it goes.

YAAAY!!

I just got done from biometrics and I got my passport stamped for the international trip!