Mistake on N400 application, how to correct?

sphinx2000

Registered Users (C)
I just mailed out the N400 application, it will arrive CSC next day. Then when I looked at the copy I realize
I forget to fill in the "inch" field of my "height" information:-(((

I am bit worried now, is this serious? and how should I correct it:

- call the customer service now
- send them a letter now
- talk to the officer during finger print time
- talk to the officer during interview time

JoeF an other experts, please give your opinions...thanks in advance!

I wouldn't worry about it...

I don't think this is serious at all. My guess, having just finished my interview, is that they don't go in any depth over such information prior to the interview.

My suggestion is to bring an updated page during the interview and tell the officer that you had forgotten to include height information. He/she will simply replace the original page with the new one.

Best luck.

-Raju

This is a very minor omission on your part and you should not worry about it.

The interviewing officer will go over your N-400 in the interview, asking questions to confirm information on it. That's my experience as well as what many others report here too.

Just bring up the missing inches at that time and he / she will surely just write it in (gives some something to joke about with each other to "break the ice," say you're making sure every inch counts...)

Hi sphinx2000,
I also sent me y application on 11/21/2005 and received by VSC on 11/22/2005 my check is not cleared yet.
Can you post your time line and can you also post you apply 4 yrs 9 mnths rule .
thnks

Thanks for the reply, feel better now:)

jattindc1, here is my timeline:

N400 sent: 11/28/05
Received by CSC: 11/29/05

My 485 is approved 2/21/01. (I wait couple of days to be on the safe side, it is holidays anyway)

ejb2k
I have same Resident since 02/20/2001 and I sent my application on 11/21/2005 and VSC received on 11/22/2005 it's 4 yrs 9 mnths and 1 day and it's exactely 90 days before 5 yrs for now my worry is about the check which is not cleared yet,I'll post as I'll get that info
Thanks for your reply