Mistake filing I-130

icandothis

Ok, I think I made a mistake and I need some guidance in order to solve it the best way.

In July 2005, I filed 2 forms I-130 on behalf of my spouse and his daughter overseas. My husband's was approved a month ago but my stepdaughter is still pending.

Our knowledge filing INS forms was very basic when I filed those forms but now that I have had a year to read and learn I realized that on my stepdaughter's I-130 I didn't specify if it was going to be an AOS or a CP. Hence I assume it might be stuck in limbo.

My question is, is there a way to fix this mistake? I called USCIS the day my husband's was approved to ask about my stepdaughter's status and they just told me to call back in 30 days to check. Can I re-send a corrected I-130 and ask them to replace the original? Thanks.

I have not seen the USCIS update a form you have filed unless you do it at the time of an interview. You can file another one but it might just cause more confusion. The standard line is to write a letter to the address at the bottom of the NOA telling them about the error had hope some responds to it. Lawyers who are members of the AILA have access to fax numbers to try to update info at the service centers but they also cannot guarantee results.