• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

mistake ds230 forms

Russian boys

Registered Users (C)
am a dv2009 winner on the forms the question
2. Rank order number(case number on envelope)
instead of writting my case number i wrote 633 a number that was on the envelope. but i wrote the correct Case number at corner of everyform.
will KCC discard my application because of the mistake?

what must i Do?

E-mail to KCC

instead of writting my case number i wrote 633 a number that was on the envelope. but i wrote the correct Case number at corner of everyform.

what must i Do?

Just send an e-mail to KCC explaining your corrction. Use non yahoo account. Hotmail will be ok. kccdv@state.gov

what must i Do?

Hi, i suggest to sent a new form to KCC with the correction made and i covering letter explaining the mistake and they will change the old form with the new one for you.

NB: you don't need to fill all the forms all over again, just the part where you have made the mistake.

All the best.

Hi, i suggest to sent a new form to KCC with the correction made and i covering letter explaining the mistake and they will change the old form with the new one for you.

NB: you don't need to fill all the forms all over again, just the part where you have made the mistake.

All the best.

Do not make things complex for other people. I did such mistake and ask to kcc about it. The reply that if there is more than one or two minor mistakes I should send a new form otherwise regular mail or e-mail would be ok. Thake care.

Do not make things complex for other people. I did such mistake and ask to kcc about it. The reply that if there is more than one or two minor mistakes I should send a new form otherwise regular mail or e-mail would be ok. Thake care.

Hi, i am not making things complex for anybody as you assume, just trying to help.I also made a mistake on my form and was asked to sent a new form with the correction.Let me tell you that for some of us, winning the dv is more like a lottery and we want to make sure we fill the form as correctly as possible.Personally i wouldn't be fine by just sending an e.mail to KCC and expect them to update my file for me.They will not do it anyway. So if the guy is ok with just sending an e.mail, that is up to me.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote to Kcc using my yahoo acc this was their reply

"Thank you for your inquiry.

This does not affect the processing of your case"

Thats great.

I have asmall problem which u guys can help.while ma wife was filling in her education information on form ds230 she made a mistake on her qualification giving a differenet title.I am the principal applicant can this affect us in any way.am so confused about all this.

Thats great.

I have asmall problem which u guys can help.while ma wife was filling in her education information on form ds230 she made a mistake on her qualification giving a differenet title.I am the principal applicant can this affect us in any way.am so confused about all this.

No, this will not affect your application.Only you, the principal applicant, qualifications will be examined.

All the best

Hi guys,

i hav a problem, there is a one letter spelling diffrent between my DV - 2009 application and dsp-230, i filled the dsp-230 according to the spelling in my Passport that is "Mohammed ..........." and in my DV- lottery application which i filled last year by mistakenly as "Mohamed ......." is this effect?. Please Help Guys, waiting for your reply
Thanks

i hav a problem, there is a one letter spelling diffrent between my DV - 2009 application and dsp-230, i filled the dsp-230 according to the spelling in my Passport that is "Mohammed ..........." and in my DV- lottery application which i filled last year by mistakenly as "Mohamed ......." is this effect?. Please Help Guys, waiting for your reply
Thanks

You should contact KCC.
The spelling on the online application submitted initially is very important.

thanks for your fast reply,
i sent an e-mail to KCC regarding this matter, In my country the name appears in Birth Certificate in Native Language and according to the English Translation of my birth certificate it says Mohamed........ Mohamed ........ which i filled in Electronic Application but i filled the ds 230 According to the Spelling of my Passport (Mohammed....).

You should contact KCC.
The spelling on the online application submitted initially is very important.

My BC issued before i filled the electronic Application,any how i explained all to KCC and waiting for there response.

You should not run into problems as your BC is not issued after you filled the e-application.

I have a similar problem which I posted in another topic and got great replies, thanks again :) My birth cert has a minor difference (one extra letter) in my first name. Never used the birth cert spelling for anything, all my degree's, HS certs, Diploma's, DV application, passport etc. are all with the normal spelling. I'm still a little worried about it to say the least, not really sure what to do, if anything... but the general consensus seems to be that it's no big deal in my case.

I haven't contacted the KCC regarding it yet as I'm not sure if i'll just be making an issue out of nothing. As per advice for other members here I think it's best I just leave it. I'm still pretty worried over the whole thing though :confused:

But anyway, that's my little tid-bit, I wish you luck with you're application :)