Missouri Service Center EAD renewal receipts...

Tata2003

Registered Users (C)
When i applied for my 3rd EAD last december at NYC local office(by mail),I got receipt and EAD from Missouri SC.This week I went to NYC local office to find out when they are going to schedule my interview,pending for more than 14 months.I was told that all cases with ND of end of 2001,year of 2002 and 2003 are in Missouri now for them to schedule interviews for differents local offices and they are going to start send interview notices same time in July/04.I want to find out how many people are in the same boat or have a similar situation...Please post your details.We need to have an idea how long it is going to take...

RD:02/01/02
ND:02/15/02
TD to NYC:01/06/03
3EADs,1FP and no RFE

Tata2003

I think this story is somewhat consistent with information posted on the web site of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Boston local offices. I did not check other local office information. It seems for me CIS wants to centralize the processing for local offices (currently maybe a few local offices) for I-485, I-765 and I-131.

The confusion is that some cases were directly transfered to Missouri Service Center (National Benefit Center) and some cases were first transferred to specific local office like NY, Boston and then re-transfered again to MSC for processing. It is really hard to say how many cases they are going to process and at what speed.

May I know how long you received your EAD renewal receipt from MSC after you sent it to local NY office? Thanks.

Hi lowell,thanks for your replay!

I sent EAD application form with pictures,all the documents and $120 fee to NYC local office @ 26 Federal Plaza on 12/03/2003,I received the post office return receipt for certified mail on 12/10/2003.On 12/31/2003 I received Biometrics notice from MSC asking me to go for an appointment for digital pictures,signature and fingerprint and that day my $120 check was cashed.I got the appointment done on 01/16/2004 and I received EAD in the mail on 02/14/2004.The entire process took less than 3 months,just in time!

Note:There is no transfer notice to Missouri...My case online message still says the same for the last 14 months.
"On january 6,2003 we transferred your case to NY local office for them to schedule and conduct your interview,scheduling can take sevaral months,our office in NY/NY will notified you when they take a action on your case,bla,bla,bla...bla,bla,bla...

Just in case I have to apply for my 4th EAD,the officer at INS said I should submit the application to NY/NY.

My case also same.
Case was transferred to Hartford, CT. When I visited ans asked about my status, they said my case is now MSC.
Internet status check still said Hartford. I applied AP and EAD to Hartford but they did not issue any recipt so I refile EAD to MSC, after FP and picture, I got EAD from MSC. MSC # is new filing, I do not know original EAD. I lost $120 but better lose money than delay.
Now all family member's cases are in MSC.

Originally posted by tangonta
My case also same.
Case was transferred to Hartford, CT. When I visited ans asked about my status, they said my case is now MSC.
Internet status check still said Hartford. I applied AP and EAD to Hartford but they did not issue any recipt so I refile EAD to MSC, after FP and picture, I got EAD from MSC. MSC # is new filing, I do not know original EAD. I lost $120 but better lose money than delay.
Now all family member's cases are in MSC.
May you post your I485 receipts dates.How many EADs dou you applied by now? How long your interview is been pending in Hartford? Thx.

Thanks for your reply Tata2003.

My I-485 was transfered to Philadelphia on December 12, 2003. I applied my renewal EAD in Feburary 9, 2004 to Philly by mail. I haven't heard anything from them yet. I got receipt notice from post office that my mail was delivered at Philly office on Feb. 11, 2004. Since their web site said all cases received after Feb. 17 would be transferred to Missouri Service Center for processing. I am afraid they may hold several days' mails for processing in MSC. My bank told me my money order was cashed on March 1, 2004. But I don't know it was Philly or MSC.

I will have to wait more days to see what my renewal EAD came out. If I could not hear from them after another month, I will have to send an inquiry.

You should hear from them soon because they have cashed your money order already,just wait a few more weeks.
I only heard from them when my check was cashed.It was bout 3 weeks after I sent the application.
You always can go for iEAD if 90 days passed.

Tata2003,

This my data.
485:Mar 2003
3rd EAD approved Mar 2004. (RD Jan 2004 MSC)
3 rd EAD RD Dec. 2003 (Hartford, no info yet)
TD Dec.2003 (Hartford, CT)
I do not know when Hartford tonsferred to MSC.
Internet says still Hartford. Visited Hartford office almost end of Jan. 2004. Computer showed transferred to MSC.
3rd AP:Feb.2004 from Hartford. But only I and my daughter not for wife. (Still pending or lost?) Wife submitted AP to MSC again (paid again) Mar. 2004
Spent lots of money this time.

Hi tangonta,

I know people who have RD+ND close to yours and they already got a interview letter from Hartford,not from Missouri and it was about 1 month ago.
I think INS is too messed up for us to understand what its gonna happen to our cases.I guess the best we should do now is wait,since they said they are going to start send interview notices in july there is nothing we can do...
You are lucky than I am because you still can use your AP.My lawyer does not recomend AP for applicants under 245i wich is my case.I haven't visit my country for 6 years,I am dieing to go there.I will wait 1 more month,if I don't hear from them I probably will contact congressman or senator.

Tata2003

I do not know Senetor or/and congress(wo)man works.
I contacted before, no use.
Just wait but until when?? We do not have any information. I think after arrange interview still must wait for interview backlog.

Hi tangonta,

We don't have many choices.I am planning to contact either Hillary Clinton or Charles Schumer as senaters in NYC.I asked my lawyer if I should do it and he said that if it does not help to speed-up my process it wont delay even more anyway.He said it is up to me to make a decision.It is like playing lottery,if you don't try,you never know...

Tata2003

Hi, Tata2003:

Did you apply AP in NY?

Could you please share your experience for EAD interview?

Thanks!

Filled in District office I-130 and I-765 sent to MSC

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March XX, 2004 the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on March XX, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

My question is why doesn't my I-765 updated i have given my fingerprints and biometrics at the same day for form I-485 and I-765
How long will it take me to get my EAD Card?

Re: Tata2003

Originally posted by lucky1234
Hi, Tata2003:

Did you apply AP in NY?

Could you please share your experience for EAD interview?

Thanks!
No,I never applied for AP because my lawyer does not recomend that I travel outside US before I485 approval.I applied under 245i,that is why.
I did not have any EAD interview in NY,I went there for status inquiry because my I485 interview is pending for more than 14 months.It went fine.Not a big deal.

Hi ArrowUSA

I don't understand your concerns about your I485 because you did not mentioned your RD and ND...
You should receive your EAD in less than 90 days from receipt date if your receipt notice is from Missouri SC.
**Did you send your EAD application by mail or you did it online?
Usually for those who did it by mail is taking less time than for people who have e-filed.
**What is your local office?
**Is this your 1st or 2nd FP?
I am sorry I am making too many questions,I am just trying to understand your concerns...

Just want to share with you. I got the interview letter yesterday.

RD: 11/01
ND: 12/01
TD: 7/26/03
Interview date scheduled for 4/26/04

It is an employment based case. However, NY office sent me the list that I need to bring with me for spouse-based case, and also the medical examination form as well as Affidavit of Support. I wonder whether anybody on the forum had the same experience and could share with me what I should do. I did have the medical examination after I applied for I-485.

my local district office is Detroit
I sent all the AOS marriage based package to the district office by mail.
my case was sent to MSC whiich i assume is NBC
NOA received 15 march for I-765, I-130 and I-485
went to the ASC done my fingerprints and biometrics on march 20th.
How long do you think will the MSC sent me the EAD Card.
I checked the website it says it takes 30-90 to make a decision.

Originally posted by lucky1234
Just want to share with you. I got the interview letter yesterday.

RD: 11/01
ND: 12/01
TD: 7/26/03
Interview date scheduled for 4/26/04

It is an employment based case. However, NY office sent me the list that I need to bring with me for spouse-based case, and also the medical examination form as well as Affidavit of Support. I wonder whether anybody on the forum had the same experience and could share with me what I should do. I did have the medical examination after I applied for I-485.
You are really lucky!!!Congrats!Search for New York City Transfers,I think thread number is 86133 but I am not sure.You will find the answers for your questions there.

Originally posted by ArrowUSA
my local district office is Detroit
I sent all the AOS marriage based package to the district office by mail.
my case was sent to MSC whiich i assume is NBC
NOA received 15 march for I-765, I-130 and I-485
went to the ASC done my fingerprints and biometrics on march 20th.
How long do you think will the MSC sent me the EAD Card.
I checked the website it says it takes 30-90 to make a decision.
I think you probably will receive your EAD card before 90 days but keep checking it at the web site.It is just my personal opinion.Missouri SC says that they try to approve most of the cases in 45 days from the receive date,I mean EAD applications.

ArrowUSA

I also want to let you know that I went for biometrics on 01/16/04 and got approved on 02/14/04.By the 02/20 I had my EAD in my mailbox.