• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Missing information about work on DS-230 Part1, please helf!!

herrmeister0159

Registered Users (C)
I am winner of DV2009 AS**** There is missing information on DS-230 Part1 about All employment last 10 years. I put only the present company that I have worked for 5 years until now and company about 7 years ago. 3 companies info missing about 2 and half years between because of no employment letter from those companies. What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you plan to fulfill the requirements through work experience or education? If the latter is the case, there is no need to have any documentation about these jobs (but you should list them anyway)... If you try to use your work experience (this is usually more difficult to prove anyway), you might need some documentation about these jobs but I'm not familiar with the procedure in that case.

Do you plan to fulfill the requirements through work experience or education? If the latter is the case, there is no need to have any documentation about these jobs (but you should list them anyway)... If you try to use your work experience (this is usually more difficult to prove anyway), you might need some documentation about these jobs but I'm not familiar with the procedure in that case.

I qualify both. I have high school certificate and bachelor degree. Also I thick YES on form DSP-122 that I have 2 years experience require 2 years of training or experience. Now i'm working as an accountant.
Do you think it is very hard to pass this lottery?

Since you fulfill the educational requirements, they don't want to see any documentation about your work experience (but take what you have with you, just in case).
It is difficult to win the GC lottery, once that step is taken it depends on your case number when (and if) you have an interview. If you have the interview and can show the necessary educational background and have enough money to show that you will not become a public burden, then you'll be find (and have all the other documents that they ask for).

Thank you Igmu.
Do you think in my case I do not have to show any evidence of work experience?, only education degree they will ask for. Do you think that they will check my missing previous employment?

As I said: usually when you have the required educational background, you don't need any documentation of your work experience. However, as in question 22 you're supposed to list all employers in the last ten years, you should include this other job as well... However, I don't know whether it is necessary to inform KCC about this mistake.