Message for JoeF

sana

Registered Users (C)
I recently changed my residence after getting my green card.I had stayed in the old house for 9 months after getting the green card.Should I inform INS of the change,
The reason is that I changed my job also and the form requires the name of the employer.

Address change

Unless you have a pending petition with INS, you are not obligated to notify them of address change.

No Title

The law requires you to notify INS.
However, most likely that they are going to misplace your AR11 anyway.

You are correct

You are correct, Abu_Lafya. Every alien should notify INS of address change within 10 days, although I have never heard of them enforcing this law.

Below is an excerpt from the law:

INSERTS/SERVICE LAW BOOKS/IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT/TITLE II - IMMIGRATION/CHAPTER 7 - REGISTRATION OF ALIENS/INA: ACT 265 - NOTICES OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS
 INA: ACT 265 - NOTICES OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS

Sec. 265. [8 U.S.C. 1305]

(a) Each alien required to be registered under this title who is within the United States shall notify the Attorney General in writing of each change of address and new address within ten days from the date of such change and furnish with such notice such additional information as the Attorney General may require by regulation.

(b) The Attorney General may in his discretion, upon ten days notice, require the natives of any one or more foreign states, or any class or group thereof, who are within the United States and who are required to be registered under this title, to notify the Attorney General of their current addresses and furnish such additional information as the Attorney General may require.

(c) In the case of an alien for whom a parent or legal guardian is required to apply for registration, the notice required by this section shall be given to such parent or legal guardian.