Medical Test

bps01

Registered Users (C)
I just had my medical tests and I went back to show my arm for the PPD test, my arm was red but no bump, but the doctor took an X-ray which was normal. But he said I need to get the medication and come back to him.

My question is ; He said he will give my Medical test. But can I still apply or do I have to get the clearance from the surgeon and follow up test and then submit my I-130.

Can I send my Apps and his letter and get all the follow-up done later and bring his letter to the interview. We are in New York so I guess I have two years before my interview.

bps01 said:
I just had my medical tests and I went back to show my arm for the PPD test, my arm was red but no bump, but the doctor took an X-ray which was normal. But he said I need to get the medication and come back to him.

My question is ; He said he will give my Medical test. But can I still apply or do I have to get the clearance from the surgeon and follow up test and then submit my I-130.

Can I send my Apps and his letter and get all the follow-up done later and bring his letter to the interview. We are in New York so I guess I have two years before my interview.

Normally in this case, you would get the sealed envelope after your vaccination record is up-to-date and your TB test is negative. You dont have to follow up with the doc on the medication. If your doctor has specifically asked you to follow up, then there is something else going on which you are not being told. Clarify with the doc as to why you did not get the sealed envelope eventhough you cleared the tests.

FYI, I-693 is for the I-485 only and does not affect your case if you are only filing I-130. If you dont submit the medical, you can count on getting an RFE. So pls make sure you send the medical with your I-485

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, The Doc said he will give me the sealed envelope but has advised me that I should come again before the interview and get the whole thing done again so he can make sure that I don’t have TB recurrence.

Thank you for the info :) , I was really confused as he asked me a A# when I went for the test, but I told him I will be sending the application by the end of this month.

bps01 said:
Thanks, The Doc said he will give me the sealed envelope but has advised me that I should come again before the interview and get the whole thing done again so he can make sure that I don’t have TB recurrence.

Thank you for the info :) , I was really confused as he asked me a A# when I went for the test, but I told him I will be sending the application by the end of this month.

The whole thing done again? hmmm... i guess your doc is trying to make money out of you. Once you clear required tests, get the sealed envelope and the updated vaccination record from the doc, you dont have to see him again.

Thanks. Ya I thought that was funny but since he was DHS approved so I did not give it much thought. But I guess you are right, well He will give me the envelope next week , Well you get all sorts in New York.

God Bless this board and people who help us.

Thanks a ton

Tell him that give you a copy before sealed it, so you should have one for your own records.
Good luck,

bps01 said:
Thanks. Ya I thought that was funny but since he was DHS approved so I did not give it much thought. But I guess you are right, well He will give me the envelope next week , Well you get all sorts in New York.

God Bless this board and people who help us.

Thanks a ton
New York? You mean the city? Can you share the name so i won't go there - need to do medical very soon?
Thanks

Hello bps01,
The doctor may just have been doing due diligence to make sure you are really not getting a recurrence of TB. I dont know which part of the world you are originally from but many south asians have traditionally had issues with TB vaccines and reactions since many of us already have had tb vaccinations when we were small. So when we get TB rests later and the test seems to indicate a positive indication for potential TB, the doctor cross checks with a chest xray and if that turns out okay, you dont have TB, atleast at that point of time. Now where I live, the TB office in the dept of health says that even if you have had one of the older vaccines, your chances of contracting TB have only gone down to 10-20%. Newer medicines (given free here BTW) reduce the chances of TB down to 2-3%. So I dont think the doctor was trying to make money out of you, he or she may just have been excercising due diligence to make sure that even though you dont have TB now, you did not contract it eventually.
My two cents. Disclaimer - I'm not a doctor or a lawyer
Regards

The doctor came through with the letter he said everything is fine and game me a sealed letter. I guess I was just paranoid. :D

Question

Hello,
My question may be a bit stupid for some but your answer is a big help for me:
in I-693 medical exam form what is "File Number (A Number)"? I just got my labor certificate and want to apply for I140/I485.
Thank you in advance,
Asib

Asib said:
Hello,
My question may be a bit stupid for some but your answer is a big help for me:
in I-693 medical exam form what is "File Number (A Number)"? I just got my labor certificate and want to apply for I140/I485.
Thank you in advance,
Asib

you get your A# when you apply I-485. If you dont have any, you write n/a.
Just FYI, the civil surgeon fills your I-693, not you.