• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Medical Student got notification for the dv-2008 lottary

thanoa

Registered Users (C)
First of all thanx the administatrator for the opportunity we have to write in this forum. My question is as follow.
I recieved NL Dv-2008,few days ago.
Since i am 4th year medical school in europe (in a 6 year program)is there any problem when you fill the form DSP 122 form and form form 230. On the biografic sheet on part 2,says that you are ineligible to recieve the visa if you are a graduate of medical school and not pass the NBLE exams. Can someone clarify what do they mean with this,and what should i put on my current status,am i student,working ect becuase on the interview they might say you might have a contradict with the univeristy studies you are doing and getting the green card through the lottary. I already have a Bachelor of Arts Degree from USA,and am albanian citizen and doing medical school in italy. On the interview they require police report from every country you have been more that six month,so i am afraid that if i do not declare my status as a medical student that may come up somehow in the interview. I work only part at the university. I contacted a immigrat. lawyer and he told me they dont need to give information which is not necessary. Any help,any sugession,or any link that discusses my situation.
Thanx in advance.
Alex

who is a graduate of a foreign medical school seeking to perform medical services who has not passed the NBME exam or its equivalent;
that's what it says. You should read the entire sentence. Basically, it says that if you are seeking to work as a doctor without passing that exam (and getting a license), you may be ineligible for a visa. Now, if you are not going to work as a doctor without the exam and license, you have nothing to worry about. Plenty of doctors got the DV visas before you.

Declare the truth and nothing but the truth on your forms.

hi my husband has just graduate from medical schoul and now he is preparing residanat and e is planing to work in usa and for the exmas that he should to pass he wants to pass it when we will be there
is it a probleme or not?
thank u

who is a graduate of a foreign medical school seeking to perform medical services who has not passed the NBME exam or its equivalent;

Thanx LucyLo for clarifying that sentence. It all makes sense now.
Loulaa,same case should apply to you too. There is no problem that you have graduated from medical school. Just say in the interview if they ask you that i plan to pass the exam before i practice medicine in USA.

MY LAST QUESTION.
I have two more years of univeristy left (including state exam) from the time of the interview. I have the option of taking time off when i go to USA to get the green card. Does this pose any problem at the interview. Any one in the same boat. Any sugession,links ect?

I have the option of taking time off when i go to USA to get the green card. Does this pose any problem at the interview.
no, it's not a problem. However, if you wish to finish your studies in Italy, you will need to apply for a reentry permit (form I-131) while you are in the States. It will allow you to be outside the US for up to two years. You cannot be absent from the US for more than 365 days without a reentry permit.