medical issue for consular processing

doggy

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My friend is going for his CP to india. He had a medical problem approx 12 years ago (TB) and he was cured completely. The question is that when he goes for the X ray etc for the medical will that show up in the X ray and will it create problems for GC?

Thanks

I'm not a doctor but common sense says if it is cured 12 yrs ago, recent X-rays show it up !! Ask him to talk to hi GP - if it's a concern.
best of luck !!
Ranen

SORRY, correction is here !!!!

I'm not a doctor but common sense says if it is cured 12 yrs ago, recent X-rays WON'T show it up !! Ask him to talk to hi GP - if it's a concern.
best of luck !!
Ranen

Hi

Hi Earlier sometime in the one of the forums i read about a similar case, and they have written that the x-ray might show a scar reg any previous tb infection.
In such cases when u take the x-ray to the doctor they advise some additional test(1 or 2) which will indicate that it has been completely cured.
So ask ur friend to get his medicals done atleast one week in advance to his interview date and then when he will take the results to the medical physician they will advice the test if needed and that should take another day or so, after which he can take that to the doctor again and he or she will give the final medical report, since it is 12 years ago and since it has been cured for him, even if he is asked to take additional tests he need not panic or bother, it will all be clear and the doctor can give a complete clear medical record.

Just ask to ur friend to make sure that he does his medicals atleast a week before so that he will have sufficient time, if he is lucky enough sometimes it does not even show on the x-ray i believe.
If u still want any detail info, just go thru different forums, i remember reading in the one of the forums and from what i recollected i'm giving y this reply

all the best for ur friend, the CP be will be a breeze.