Medical and suspecting Syphilis in blood

SINNERSROOM

Registered Users (C)
I dont have any syphilis :) :mad: the doctor told me they have suspected a syphilis in my blood .so they have to check it again . I always use a condom . :) I dont have any signs of syphilis . I had a test before coming US .has anybody had that problem? :confused: probably i got some infection in my blood. :eek: what should i do now???

he looked at my skin and said it shouldnt be a tuberculosis . i dont know who employs all that dishwashers as doctors in US :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

I would get a second test somewhere else to make sure you are ok, doctors believe in tests, not in your word.

guacho

guacho said:
I would get a second test somewhere else to make sure you are ok, doctors believe in tests, not in your word.

guacho
exactly u should be a DOCTOR to make a difference between syphilis and infection.I will take it tommorow . i think consequences are too bad if i really have that syphilis :( i am not gonna be admissible . but Surgeon assuring me it is false . :rolleyes:

don't worry!

an applicant if he(she)'s an asylee can still be admissible even if he is tested reactive even with hiv(positive). however a waiver is needed to be submitted to the immigration.

if i was in your situation, i would go to some other clinic and get myself tested again. as you said you are sure of yourself, then i wouldn't worry too much about it. sometimes mistakes happen during the lab whether technicals or humans which result in false-positive. i don't know much about siphylis but i do know someone who was first tested reactive for hiv(aides) with a civil surgeon for his i-485. he was very depressed, he lost all kind of hope, he even thought about suicide (no jocking). he was sent by his surgeon to the health department to do a final confirmation for hiv( western blot ). then guess what???... the results came back non-reactive ( negative). that means that was a confirmation that the first results he had first for hiv antibodies where just FALSE-POSITIVE!!!

i hope this experience can open your eyes and also will help other poor applicants suffering in silence.
good luck my friend. and god bless us all

syphillis is treatable! It's not a deadly disease anymore. So all you would need is treatment with antibiotics. It could be worse...

Cheers!

It's not a big deal.
newly acquired infections can be cured easily..but be careful if you have had a past infections with syphilis and were treated your test results could still positive for years..then to avoid being retreated keep a record of the previous treatment.

jubilee said:
It's not a big deal.
newly acquired infections can be cured easily..but be careful if you have had a past infections with syphilis and were treated your test results could still positive for years..then to avoid being retreated keep a record of the previous treatment.

I agree with you.It sounds good advice.

RD Aug 22,2001
Aug Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

one_of_u said:
an applicant if he(she)'s an asylee can still be admissible even if he is tested reactive even with hiv(positive). however a waiver is needed to be submitted to the immigration.

if i was in your situation, i would go to some other clinic and get myself tested again. as you said you are sure of yourself, then i wouldn't worry too much about it. sometimes mistakes happen during the lab whether technicals or humans which result in false-positive. i don't know much about siphylis but i do know someone who was first tested reactive for hiv(aides) with a civil surgeon for his i-485. he was very depressed, he lost all kind of hope, he even thought about suicide (no jocking). he was sent by his surgeon to the health department to do a final confirmation for hiv( western blot ). then guess what???... the results came back non-reactive ( negative). that means that was a confirmation that the first results he had first for hiv antibodies where just FALSE-POSITIVE!!!

i hope this experience can open your eyes and also will help other poor applicants suffering in silence.
what do u mean open my eyes ???

this is what i meant!!!

listen man, i hope you didn't misunderstand me.

because i didn't want you to be worried about not being admissible of a result of whatsoever infection, i had mention that being an asylee by law you can still be admitted for adjustment by submitting a waiver.

Now, the reason i said open your eyes (and this concerns not only you,but every asylee that could be a victim of a wrongly interpreted medical lab results). is because sometimes some labs techs can do mistakes and give you positive results while in fact it could be not true.

i am not writing this thread to judge anyone about anything, this is not of my business and it doesn't concern me. i am just trying to give some advise about the innocent asylee that can be devastated by these false-positive lab results. that's it !!! capito???

one_of_u said:
listen man, i hope you didn't misunderstand me.

because i didn't want you to be worried about not being admissible of a result of whatsoever infection, i had mention that being an asylee by law you can still be admitted for adjustment by submitting a waiver.

Now, the reason i said open your eyes (and this concerns not only you,but every asylee that could be a victim of a wrongly interpreted medical lab results). is because sometimes some labs techs can do mistakes and give you positive results while in fact it could be not true.

i am not writing this thread to judge anyone about anything, this is not of my business and it doesn't concern me. i am just trying to give some advise about the innocent asylee that can be devastated by these false-positive lab results. that's it !!! capito???

You are the spouse or unmarried son or daughter or the minor, unmarried adopted child of a U.S. citizen or LPR; or
You have a son or daughter or lawfully adopted child who is a U.S. citizen or LPR; or
You are eligible for classification as a self-petitioning spouse or child (including your derivative children) because of abuse.
What are “medical grounds of inadmissibility”?
Medical grounds of inadmissibility” is a term used when an applicant has a health condition which is a public health concern to the United States. Under the U.S. immigration laws, the medical grounds of inadmissibility are divided into four categories:

communicable disease of public health significance;
lack of required vaccinations (for immigrant visa applicants only);
physical or mental disorders with harmful behavior; and
drug abuse/drug addiction.

A “communicable disease of public health significance” is defined in the HHS regulations that cover the required medical exam for immigration purposes and includes the following 9 infectious medical conditions:

severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)
tuberculosis (TB)
leprosy
human immunodeficiency virus (HIV/AIDS)
syphilis (infectious state)
chancroid (STD, similar to syphilis and herpes)
gonorrhea
granuloma inguinale (STD, donovanosis)
lymphogranuloma (STD, chlamydia)

check this out...

ok, there is something not mention in your text which is: "asylee, refugee"
this is the site: http://uscis.gov/graphics/medical_exam.htm

here is the rest: read the last paragraph please.

"Most communicable diseases are easily treatable. If the medical tests are positive for a communicable disease, the Civil Surgeon will recommend a course of treatment. Some medical conditions are not easily treatable. However, you may still receive adjustment of status by filing a waiver application. You are eligible for a waiver if:

You are the spouse or unmarried son or daughter or the minor, unmarried adopted child of a U.S. citizen or LPR; or
You have a son or daughter or lawfully adopted child who is a U.S. citizen or LPR; or
You are eligible for classification as a self-petitioning spouse or child (including your derivative children) because of abuse.

The waiver may be granted according to the terms and conditions (which can include posting a bond) determined necessary by USCIS in consultation with public health officials, based on the nature of the medical condition. If you are applying for adjustment of status in the United States, you must file Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability, including payment of fee, with the USCIS office considering your adjustment of status application.

If you are applying for an immigrant visa at a U.S. Consular post abroad, you must submit your waiver application to the Consular post that is considering your immigrant visa application. The Consular post will send your waiver application to the overseas USCIS office in that jurisdiction for a decision. If you are applying for admission as a refugee, or for adjustment of status at least 1 year following your initial admission as a refugee or the grant of asylum, you may be granted a waiver for humanitarian reasons, to assure family unity, or when it is otherwise in the public interest. You must file Form I-602, Application by Refugee for Waiver of Ground of Excludability, but you are not required to pay a fee."

with asylees it's another story. by law they are admissible by submitting waiver form i-602...

also: check this:

http://www.lgirtf.org/template.php?pageid=179
if you can't open it. type " type immigration equality" that would get you there.

http://www.lgirtf.org/template.php?pageid=177

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-602.htm

i hope this will help.

good luck.

happy hollidays itsanis :) and to everyone on this forum

one_of_u said:
ok, there is something not mention in your text which is: "asylee, refugee"
this is the site: http://uscis.gov/graphics/medical_exam.htm

here is the rest: read the last paragraph please.

"Most communicable diseases are easily treatable. If the medical tests are positive for a communicable disease, the Civil Surgeon will recommend a course of treatment. Some medical conditions are not easily treatable. However, you may still receive adjustment of status by filing a waiver application. You are eligible for a waiver if:

The waiver may be granted according to the terms and conditions (which can include posting a bond) determined necessary by USCIS in consultation with public health officials, based on the nature of the medical condition. If you are applying for adjustment of status in the United States, you must file Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability, including payment of fee, with the USCIS office considering your adjustment of status application.

If you are applying for an immigrant visa at a U.S. Consular post abroad, you must submit your waiver application to the Consular post that is considering your immigrant visa application. The Consular post will send your waiver application to the overseas USCIS office in that jurisdiction for a decision. If you are applying for admission as a refugee, or for adjustment of status at least 1 year following your initial admission as a refugee or the grant of asylum, you may be granted a waiver for humanitarian reasons, to assure family unity, or when it is otherwise in the public interest. You must file Form I-602, Application by Refugee for Waiver of Ground of Excludability, but you are not required to pay a fee."

with asylees it's another story. by law they are admissible by submitting waiver form i-602...

also: check this:

http://www.lgirtf.org/template.php?pageid=179
if you can't open it. type " type immigration equality" that would get you there.

http://www.lgirtf.org/template.php?pageid=177

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-602.htm

i hope this will help.

good luck.

happy hollidays itsanis :) and to everyone on this forum

oh than it is different story . Than why the hell i passed all that medical exams i had to request that waiver :rolleyes: . however tommorow it is going to be final conclusion of blood test whether i got syphilis or not. IF not i am going to send all that crap to Nebraska If i am positive again iam going to request for waiver . Thanks u very much (i got frustrated and i didnt read the rest of the text) :)

one_of_u said:

It was mistaken by Lab. I went today Doctor told me it is negative so he gave me stamped envelope good to go :p :)

Asylees have a special waiver provision.

SINNERSROOM said:

What are “medical grounds of inadmissibility”?
Medical grounds of inadmissibility” is a term used when an applicant has a health condition which is a public health concern to the United States. Under the U.S. immigration laws, the medical grounds of inadmissibility are divided into four categories:

communicable disease of public health significance;
lack of required vaccinations (for immigrant visa applicants only);
physical or mental disorders with harmful behavior; and
drug abuse/drug addiction.

A “communicable disease of public health significance” is defined in the HHS regulations that cover the required medical exam for immigration purposes and includes the following 9 infectious medical conditions:

severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)
tuberculosis (TB)
leprosy
human immunodeficiency virus (HIV/AIDS)
syphilis (infectious state)
chancroid (STD, similar to syphilis and herpes)
gonorrhea
granuloma inguinale (STD, donovanosis)
lymphogranuloma (STD, chlamydia)

I’d like to express my greetings to you.
I am (Mr. Haider Al-Hamadani), from Iraq-Baghdad, 46 years old.
I'd like to get asylum by the UNHCR to any country I find the security and stability for me and my family (my children and my wife).
But I have a following problem which caused me great concern, I hope to get your consultation and advice:
In 1992, I was infected with syphilis, and I received proper treatment (one Benzathine Penicillin injection 2.4 MU per week for 3 weeks), then I healed, through the periodic laboratory examinations, by the continuous medical supervision by a doctor.
Note: I infected with syphilis before my marriage.
My doctor told me that I do not constitute a risk to society, because I am completely healed.
The results of current laboratory examination for me is: VDLR: Non-Reactive, TPHA: Positive and titer for TPHA: Negative (August 2016).
The results of current laboratory examination for my wife is: VDLR: Non-Reactive, TPHA: Negative (August 2016).
Do I have the right to asylum seeking? Or my application will be rejected because of old syphilis? In particular, the laboratory examination showed the previous syphilis.
Please, I am very worried because of this problem, so I cannot sleep.
Do you recommend me to I seek an asylum?
Note: I'm currently under threat from a terrorist group to kill and kidnap my children, and I have all the evidence.
Please submit your consultation and advice to me.
Accept my thanks and appreciation for your cooperation.
Best Regards.

Mr. Haider Al-Hamadani
Iraq-Baghdad