Means to Speedy Citizenship.

Naaz2004

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Is there any way to get your citizenship expedited? I hear that some attorneys for some fee can get you your case processed very fast and one can get speedy naturalized if hire an attorney. Is this true??? Any one having this experience of working with an attorney for fast N-400 application process? Please advise and also if you know any good attorney in this regard in Bay area San Francisco, please give their links. Please share what you know and help me go through the right process for my soon to be submitted application for naturalization :) :p

Thanks,

Naaz

Naaz2004 said:
Hi all,

Is there any way to get your citizenship expedited? I hear that some attorneys for some fee can get you your case processed very fast and one can get speedy naturalized if hire an attorney. Is this true??? Any one having this experience of working with an attorney for fast N-400 application process? Please advise and also if you know any good attorney in this regard in Bay area San Francisco, please give their links. Please share what you know and help me go through the right process for my soon to be submitted application for naturalization :) :p

Thanks,

Naaz
No attorney can expedite your citizenship process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The right process is to follow instructions on the form N-400. If you have any questions, we're here to help.

Naaz2004 said:
Hi all,

Thanks,

Naaz
if an attorney tells you that he can expedite your N400, keep your money and move to a reputable one. your N400 will be processed in the order it was received.

U can submit a written request for expedited processing with your application, however that request is unlikely to be granted unless there is some bonafide reason. There are not many of those. My impression is that it needs to be some hardship or severe inconvenience to a US citizen that can be avoided by your expedited processing. In such a case your request for expedited processing has some chance.
I know a case where an INS officer called up this gentleman to tell him his request is being denied, then on his own called back 2 days later to say they would agree to expedite his spouse's case.

stallion4949 said:
U can submit a written request for expedited processing with your application, however that request is unlikely to be granted unless there is some bonafide reason. There are not many of those. My impression is that it needs to be some hardship or severe inconvenience to a US citizen that can be avoided by your expedited processing. In such a case your request for expedited processing has some chance.
I know a case where an INS officer called up this gentleman to tell him his request is being denied, then on his own called back 2 days later to say they would agree to expedite his spouse's case.

Do you think it is a bonafide reason to mention that you want the case to be expedited for spouse reunification? That you could bring your spouse to USA if become a citizen sooner, that you have been away for many years from your spouse and this is the only hope to get together.... DO you think this is a good reason to request for expediting the case??

As far as attorneys, Should I really just disregard hiring one? If attorneys can't help then why they are so many immigration attorneys? What is their job then? Could any one help please?

Thanks,

Naaz

No, spouse reunification is not a bonafide reason for your case to be expedited. There are people who wait very long for their reunification and the USCIS pretty much doesn't give a damn. Here is what service centers post as valid reasons for expediting:
- Severe financial loss to company or individual.
- Extreme emergent situation.
- Humanitarian situation.
- Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States.
- Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government.)
- USCIS error.
- Compelling interest of USCIS.

Attorneys are there to take care of some non-standard cases (arrests, staying too long out of country etc.) Other than that most people file their naturalization themselves. The forms are relatively easy to fill out and there is a lot of help in this forum and others. For example, a friend of mine hired an attorney because he was married once to a woman who was arrested as a terrorist in Europe. So he wanted to make sure he wouldn't have any problems with that.

If you have time and can stay on top of things, then yes, do it yourself, and save the $$. If you travel quite a bit, and don't have the time to keep up with the process, then hiring an attorney is a good idea. Remember, your attorney gets a copy of all the correspondance that USCIS sends you, and if you're out town or country, your attorney can reach you by phone or email. Also, with an attorney in picture, there is a less chance that USCIS will screw up with the paperwork or mailings. Other than that an attorney will NOT help in expediting the process.

Thank U all for your inputs!!!!

I have been filing all my applications with INS so far myself and things have worked out just fine in the past from the very first form I filled out to come to the US till I got my GC and other things. And now once again and with keeping your kind advices in mind, again I am going to file my N 400 application myself. I was told by freinds that attorneys can expedite but I was doubtful about it and I guess I am sure now that they can not do that.
Thanks again for your help.

Naaz