Meaning of different Approval Messages

coowboy

Registered Users (C)
What is the difference between we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. and Card mailed message?

Both mean that your case is approved :)

And that's the whole point, what else would you want to know? ;)

But seriously, they literally mean what they say. The "notice" one is they mailed the form I-797 (approval notice) and the "card" one is they mailed a physical card. Whether or not the actual sequence of event matches the order of emails is totally another thing, though.

What is the difference between we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. and Card mailed message?

And that's the whole point, what else would you want to know? ;)

But seriously, they literally mean what they say. The "notice" one is they mailed the form I-797 (approval notice) and the "card" one is they mailed a physical card. Whether or not the actual sequence of event matches the order of emails is totally another thing, though.

:) wish they meant what they meant to say. My curiosity what how long does it take to go from notice mailed to card mailed.

In my own case, I got the card mailed email five days after the approval notice sent message. But the card arrived just two days after the card mailed email. Basically (meaning your FP is one and uploaded), the trend suggests you can expect your card to arrive a week or so after the first approval-related email.

:) wish they meant what they meant to say. My curiosity what how long does it take to go from notice mailed to card mailed.