May, June 2005 Approvals - Biometrics Yet ?

MJones said:
I am still waiting for Biometric notice. I am wondering who issues Biometric notice? Is it Nebraska service center or Local service center? As we have to go to local service center for Biometric, my guess is Local service center issues Biometric notices. Please verify if anyone has any idea.

The local office will issue the biometrics notice.
That's what I was told when I called NSC.

No biometrics for me yet.
I belong to Charlotte, NC office.

I have decided to take matters into my own hands. Today I will be sending a letter to my local office requesting a biometrics appointment. I'll post again if I get any results out of the letter.

No biometrics or card

Approved may 23, 2005

Not biometric or card as of today. Called USCIS, they took all the information and asked to wait for 30 days.
I am from Saint Louis, MO

Good luck

Good luck mozaffar421 in your case. I hope you will need to take just the following

All the Pre approved documents, even if they are expired - EAD's, AP's, I-94's and 2 passport size photographs ( INS Spec), your I-485 approval, your passport and infopass appointment. Let us know how it goes.

mozaffar421 said:
After 60 days of I-485 approval (which was the maximum duration set forth in our case to wait either for Biomat/GC). I called USCIS. They advised me to take the infopass appnt. and visit local INS office along with all documents (PP/AP/EAD/approval letters I-140 and 485, few photographs/Driving Licence and I-94) etc. let's see how this will work out.
Wish me Good Luck

I did the same thing , I got my 485 approved but didnt get my biometrics , after 60 days passed i went to my local ASC (booked appointment thru INFOPASS), got my passport stamped , they took my index print ,photos , I94, EAD and ADVANSE PAROLE (only current not the expired ) she told as I already did the necessary I may not get biometrics scheduled by them...

But till now I didnt notice any LUD change and anychange in message either...

Good Luck and please update us.

Today I received my Biometrics appointment (code 2) for Aug 8th. The office is a 6 hr drive from here and I happen to need to go to the area on Monday so I'll swing by and see if I can get my fingerprints taken earlier since I wouldn't want to drive that far again.

cfiler,
My I-485 approval date is very close to yours. Did your LUD changed? I am expecting biometrics next week.

I heard that those who have recently entered in US have already done their biometrics at the port of entry. They do not have to do biometrics again once their I-485 is approved. Is that true?

MJones, I just checked and my LUD has not changed.

I entered the US with my AP in November (so not very recently) and they didn't take any biometrics. I doubt that the POE biometrics would be good enough for the card since they probably didn't capture your signature and the picture that they may have taken would have a very busy background, too busy to use for card production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got biometrics notice today (485 AD - May 26)

At last after 62 days of wait after approval , we recieved the biometrics notice today (07/29) with appointment on 08/12.

Biometrics, PP stamping at Detroit Service Center

I went on Wednesday of this week to get my PP stamped for emergency travel at the Detroit Center. (see my signature for case details).

They verified my travel ticket and even then stamped on my PP for just 1 month. Refused to stamp my spouse's PP since she did not have a ticket.

Reg. Biometrics, the officer said the card should be on its way soon. When I pressed her, she said if necessary we will send you a biometrics notice.

Received biometric notice today 7/29/05. Notice was mailed from Lincoln, Nebraska on 7/27/05. My appointment is scheduled on 8/11/05. My I-485 was approved on 5/26/05.

Received biometric notices

Hi Friends,

Today 7/30/05, received biometric notices from Lincoln, Nebraska on 7/25/05. Myself and my wife appointments are scheduled on 08/09/05 at same time.
Code- 2 type. Myself and my wife I-485 applications were approved on 06/10/05. NO LUD change. No PP stamping done. See more details at my signature.

Biometrics Received

Hi,

I received biometric notice (code 2) from Lincoln, Nebraska on 7/29/05 for myself and my husband. Our I-485 applications were approved on 06/20/05. NO LUD change. No PP stamping done. We are looking forward to it. :)

Thanks.
QueenBee

my I 485 was approved on 06/01/2005. I got biometric notice on 07/28/2005 with a appointment date of 08/08/2005. I did not get it for my wife yet.

I completed my code 2 biometrics today. So far no LUD/message change.

smchndr - code 2 means picture, thumbprint and signature. It took me about 2 minutes once they called my name.

Later tonight I got an email saying that my card got ordered. Hopefully I'll get the card within a week. Check my signature for updates - I'll be updating it.

Card ordered

I gave biometric on Jul 30 Sat. Today LUD changed as my card is ordered. Got one e-mail for the same.

See my signature:

EB2/India
PD Dec 2002
I-485 ND Jan 23, 2004
I-485 AD Jun 06, 2005
On Jul 25, went for PP stamping using infopass appointment at Chicago office.
Didn't get stamping, but did get biometric notice in hand.
Biometric on Jul 30, 2005
CO: Aug 1, 2005

Thanks.