May have left out a job?

Izzyant88

Registered Users (C)
I think my husband may have forgotten to list one of his employments 3 years ago on the G-325a when he filed the I-601 waiver. But I am not sure. The reason I can't tell is because I kept copies of everything but my copies aren't signed and dated. The way our process was we had to submit the G-325a twice and I am not sure if the G-325a that I found in my records was from before he had this employment or if the G-325a that I found in my records is from after he had this employment and he forgot to put it. It was only 3 months long and I can see how he would forget it.

Anyway if he did forget to put one, and then we put it on the N-400 5-year history and they see it's not in the G-325a they have in the alien file what happens???????

It's not a big deal. Don't stress over it. You can put it on the N-400...Govt. officials will have a track of his employment anyway

Just simply say you forgot. It was only a 3 month job and if you have paid taxes from the income. You have nothing to worry about.

Thank you.. I get paranoid.. what is the worst case scenario here?

You are allowed to change your application at the interview. You can take an updated page, or ask the officer to make a change. If the change does not impact your eligibility, your processing should continue as is. If it is a major change (this one does not sound like one), you can expect some delays.

On the N-400 he is not required to list employment he had before becoming a permanent resident. Yes I know the N-400 says 5 years, but if you've held a green card for less than 5 years you don't list employment before GC approval.

Yeah I have found conflicting information about the 3 year vs. 5 year thing even among lawyers.. thinking of just using the 3 year period and including a note.. just in case

Between a 3 year term and a 5 year term, it's always the best to apply under the 5 year term if one is applicable for it. Requires less paperwork. For you and for USCIS.

Yeah I have found conflicting information about the 3 year vs. 5 year thing even among lawyers.. thinking of just using the 3 year period and including a note.. just in case

Including a note about what? It is not necessary to list pre-GC jobs. No note is required for that omission.