May Bulletin

Sandeep,
Mine PD 16-OCT-02 is almost same as yours. When are your guestimating your interview?

Sandeep_N said:
Vrajeshj,
Did you contact the consulate to check if this was ok? I do not know if they:

a) Do not mind if it exceeds a little as in your case?
b) Failed to notice in your case and you got lucky?

Thanks
Sandeep

Sandeep,

I did not contact the consulate "before hand" to find out if it was fine with them or not. I was mentally prepared to convince them if they had a problem by stating that I did not visit Switzerland after the date of issue of the PCC, so there is no way they could be in a position to alter the contents. Moreover I would like to add that, I had India PCC from the Indian Embassy in Berne and that was accepted as well.

Note: I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal opinion

Guys,
my case has been trasnfered to mumbai consulate last month and my PD is May31 2002 which has become current in May VISA bulletin.I sent a mail to Mumbai Consulate about interview date and i din't get any response.Is it that they wont bother about scheduling interview till May?

srkar45, My case is like yours. I guess that the consulate will send the request for visa numbers during 1st week of May for cases that got current with the latest MOvement in PD.
Which would mean that these interviews may get scheduled in June.

P.S. Not a lawyer.All postings are personal opinions

Wow!! Greate news, 50% of 130,000 means 65000, which enough for making PD almost current. We will have to wait up till May, when Prez BHUSH signs on it. Hopefully he will.

Wonderful

Ohh Gosh!!! If this gets signed and implemented in the near future...I can not describe my happiness in words. Infact I am waiting for such things to happen.

---------------------
I am not a lawyer.

Eagerly waiting for retrogression to over

Appan,
By the way do you know when this House committee is meeting? Just curious to know what might be the outcome of that meeting. :D

Only for Nurses

All over the place on this legistlation the benefit is for nurses
is there any way Eb3 Skilled workers will be benefitted by this act ?

/S

r_sada said:
All over the place on this legistlation the benefit is for nurses
is there any way Eb3 Skilled workers will be benefitted by this act ?

/S

In shuterman says 50% is reserved for nurses

appan said:
http://www.house.gov/jerrylewis/contact.html

Enter H.R. 139 in the Bill Number .You can see the status
Appan,

The one that was approved was H.R. 1268 (Emergency Supplemental Appropriations) The amendment in that is Amendment SA 379.
Go to http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:HR1268: and then go to All Congressional Actions with Amendments
Here is the text of the proceedings "

Mrs. HUTCHISON. Mr. President, I ask unanimous consent that reading of the amendment be dispensed with.

The PRESIDING OFFICER. Without objection, it is so ordered.

The amendment, as modified, is as follows:

(Purpose: To make unused EB3 visas available to bring nurses to the United States through Department of State procedures)
On page 231, between lines 3 and 4, insert the following new section:

RECAPTURE OF VISAS

SEC. 6047. Section 106(d)(2)(A) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 (Public Law 106-313; 8 U.S.C. 1153 note) is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1), by inserting before the period at the end of the second sentence ``and any such visa that is made available due to the difference between the number of employment-based visas that were made available in fiscal year 2001, 2002, 2003, or 2004 and the number of such visas that were actually used in such fiscal year shall be available only to employment-based immigrants, and the dependents of such immigrants, and 50% of such visas shall be made available to those whose immigrant worker petitions were approved based on schedule A, as defined in section 656.5 of title 20, Code of Federal Regulations, as promulgated by the Secretary of Labor''; and

(2) in paragraph (2)(A), by striking ``and 2000'' and inserting ``through 2004''.

Mrs. HUTCHISON. Mr. President, this is an amendment to recapture unused EB-3 visas. Senator Schumer, Senator Kennedy and I have worked on this to try to assure that 50 percent of the unused EB-3 visas help resolve our serious nursing shortage. It is very important. These visas go out of existence and cannot be recaptured except by an act of Congress. They have already been authorized. We need to recapture the unused visas from 2001 to 2004, add to the number of nurses we can bring to our country, as well as the EB-3 engineers and educated workforce that are waiting in the wings.

Mr. President, I ask all of my colleagues to support this amendment.

"
Hope that answers Sada's question too
Sandeep

Last edited by a moderator:
Wehn will Dept of state implement it

Hi All,
I have been following this forum regarding the EB-3 relief Bill. My question is

Once this bill is signed by the president, how long will Dept of state will take to implement it?

Any one can throw some light on how it is going to sail and when we can reap the benefits

gc_vsc

House -Senate should agree first

No one knows how long it will take for House-senate conferees will take to agree or agree to disagree, then it will go to presidents desk. But I am not sure how many days it will take to implement it if president signs. Let us hope things will move in right direction...