May Bulletin

when to get PCC

My PD is Oct'16 2002. Could any please suggest based on PD movement when should I apply for PCC here in consulate? Is i valid for only 180 days?

appreciate your help.

-P

Prosix
I guess the PCC is Valid for 1 yr from the date of Issue .. Can someone Verify pls ?

PCC is valid for only 6 months. I got it from Houston in November and It will expire in May.

I will have to take new PCC when i go for interview. I believe Houston should issue me PCC in a day because i did not go out of the country after taking first one. Any thoughts ??

-june04

PCC issued is generally, valid for 6 months. HOwever the whole PCC referral is valid for 1 yr so you could get the PCC in a day from the Indian consulate within that referral period. If you are beyond the referral period of 1Yr then consulate has to redo the referral which typically takes 40 days back again.

Thanks rrajendr

This is very good informantion. I got my PCC in Jan2005. Guess I have to go again due to this retrogression....

Thanks for the Info ...

Guys,

I read there is a bill about to be passed in congress to re-capture unused visa numbers and if this bill is passed (expected at the end of April), visa retrogression will be lifted.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last I heard the chances of it getting through is low.

cant_wait said:
Guys,

I read there is a bill about to be passed in congress to re-capture unused visa numbers and if this bill is passed (expected at the end of April), visa retrogression will be lifted.

Police Clearance Validity

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:44 AM
Subject: RE: Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Acceptable Validity

It is good for one year.
Regards,
MM

June04 said:
PCC is valid for only 6 months. I got it from Houston in November and It will expire in May.

I will have to take new PCC when i go for interview. I believe Houston should issue me PCC in a day because i did not go out of the country after taking first one. Any thoughts ??

-june04

Hi June,

Just now downloaded the miscelleneous form from CGI houston website. I am wondering if that is the form we need to send for getting PCC. If so what documents we need to attach and how much is fee?

Please help me.

Tx

-P

prosix said:
Hi June,

Just now downloaded the miscelleneous form from CGI houston website. I am wondering if that is the form we need to send for getting PCC. If so what documents we need to attach and how much is fee?

Please help me.

Tx

-P

Yes. You have to use Miscellaneous form.

1) Copy of Passport (They took first page only)
2) Miscellaneous Form for PCC
3) 1 passport size photograph
4) Copy of H1-B status
5) Copy of H1-B visa
6) you could call them or check their site about fee. I remember we paid 11.0$ *2 + courier fee(around 15$)
Let me know if you have any questions.

Successful CP with PCC older than 6 months ?

It is still not clear if PCC is valid for a year or 6 months.

Can anybody share his experience if he got his CP interview done successfully with a PCC older than 6 months ?

Thanks in Advance

June04 said:
Yes. You have to use Miscellaneous form.

1) Copy of Passport (They took first page only)
2) Miscellaneous Form for PCC
3) 1 passport size photograph
4) Copy of H1-B status
5) Copy of H1-B visa
6) you could call them or check their site about fee. I remember we paid 11.0$ *2 + courier fee(around 15$)
Let me know if you have any questions.

So We don't need to send original passport. Please clear that.

You doesn't need to send original Passport when you are applying ,you need to send Passport only after 30 days after you have applied ..

dan4gc said:
It is still not clear if PCC is valid for a year or 6 months.

Can anybody share his experience if he got his CP interview done successfully with a PCC older than 6 months ?

Thanks in Advance

dan4gc,

I had a PCC from Switzerland, that was dated Sept 14, 2004 and I had a successful interview on Mar 21, 2005 at NWD.

vrajeshj said:
dan4gc,

I had a PCC from Switzerland, that was dated Sept 14, 2004 and I had a successful interview on Mar 21, 2005 at NWD.

I had pcc from uk that was dated sep 2003.Can i use the same pcc for my inerview which may be secheduled in month of aug ?

vrajeshj said:
dan4gc,

Vrajeshj,
Did you contact the consulate to check if this was ok? I do not know if they:

a) Do not mind if it exceeds a little as in your case?
b) Failed to notice in your case and you got lucky?

Thanks
Sandeep