May 2012 N-400 Tracker

Hi,

Memphis DO does not provide same day ceremony. In fact, there are very few DO's have that facility like one is in Dallas,TX. One of my friend was interviewed in Jan 2012 with ceremony followed in March 2012 in Nashville.

Jugnu

Oh i see,so if the oat ceremony will be held in Nashville, then it will be a judicial oat,thanks Jugnu and any updates on your case?

Honesttt,
Nashville.

Location of Oath Ceremony in Nashville

Oh i see,so if the oat ceremony will be held in Nashville, then it will be a judicial oat,thanks Jugnu and any updates on your case?

Honesttt,
Nashville.

Honesttt - Your ceremony will be at US Federal Court located at the corner of Broadway and 8th Avenue in Nashville.

No news on my case yet. It seems Memphis takes good 30 days after FP to place eligible cases into Interview Line.

Jugnu

Honesttt - Your ceremony will be at US Federal Court located at the corner of Broadway and 8th Avenue in Nashville.

No news on my case yet. It seems Memphis takes good 30 days after FP to place eligible cases into Interview Line.

Jugnu

Jugnu, thanks again for the info.

Honesttt.

Update

Interview Letter Received

08/07/07 : GC Received.
05/09/12 : Eligibility Date. (5 Years - 90 days)
05/18/12 : N-400 mailed to Dallas, TX with FedEx. (Day 0)
05/21/12 : N-400 delivered. (Day 3)
05/25/12 : Check cashed. (Day 7)
05/29/12 : NOA Received. (Day 11)
06/07/12 : FP Notice sent. (Day 20)
06/11/12 : FP recvd. (Day 24)
06/22/12 : FP Done (On Schedule). (Day 35)
07/09/12 : Placed inline for interview. (Day 52)
08/10/12 : Interview Letter Received. (Day 84)
09/10/12 : Interview. (Day 115)

interview letter

Service center: Dallas, TX
District office: Jacksonville, FL

spouse

05/17/2012 Application sent
05/18/2012 Application Received
05/18/2012 Priority Date
06/12/2012 FP completed
07/19/2012 Interview letter recd
08/22/2012 Interview date

self

05/17/2012 Application sent
05/18/2012 Application Received
05/18/2012 Priority Date
06/12/2012 FP completed
08/10/2012 Interview letter recd
09/10/2012 Interview date

Interview Letter Received

Got my interview scheduled for August 23rd

Quick question - what things should I carry with me to the interview other than passport and greencard etc.

Another question - I traveled internationally in the last month - is that something I should just let the IO officer know during the interview?

I had my interview on August 16th at the San Diego downtown office. I was married in September 2006 and divorced in June 2010. I had applied based on the 5 year rule. I have no children, tickets, or any anomalies. The interviewer kept prodding my past marriage and writing what I said directly on my form such as argued a lot and did not get along (he would say it out loud as he wrote things). He would try to trick me constantly by saying things such as so was she unfaithful or were you? He pretended to write and said out loud after 2 months of the marriage things were sour (I had previously said 3 years)? Did you fight about finances? Who do you live with now? Do you have a girlfriend? What does she do? The questions went on and on. The questions were bizarre and he kept grilling me in an annoying manner to prove my marriage was fraud. Apparently not having children is weird. I married young at the age of 22 so children weren't in the books. He again asked me about infidelity. At this point I snapped at him and let him know how I felt. To which he replied that if I go on the offense he can make things really bad for me. I told him I was on the defense and I think he got the message because the marital questions ended there. He said that he's doing his job and I should appreciate that they do fraud checks and don't just hand out citizenship. I was approved in the end and I apologized to him about my outburst and left. I still feel as though all of this was excessive and unnecessary creating a negative experience for a day that otherwise was delightful.

N400 Sent:05/10/2012
Check Cashed:05/17/12
NOA: 05/15/12
Biometrics: 06/22/12
Interview Letter Mailed: 07/11/12
Interview: 08/16/12 (Passed)

Got citizenship today

I have been following this forum for a longtime, signed up a while back, still could not post, blocked from replying or opening threads etc. Anyway I thought today I would try one last time, apparently it is now letting me to write, seems getting approval here took longer than my N400 process.

Seattle, WA
05/11/12 : Eligibility Date (5 Years - 90 days)
05/18/12 : N-400 mailed to Phoenix
05/22/12 : N-400 delivered
05/23/12 : Check cashed
05/28/12 : NOA recvd
06/07/12 : FP Notice sent.
06/11/12 : FP recvd
06/26/12 : FP Done (On Schedule)
07/10/12 : Placed inline for interview
07/19/12: Interview letter recieved
08/20/12: Interview
08/20/12: Oath

Took 94 days for me. My name check took longer than most in Seattle (2 weeks, others I know got cleared in a day or two). There were 40 people from 27 countries took Oath with me, majority from different Latin American nations, 3 Indian, 2 Chinese. Almost everyone was from what is known as 3rd world, exceptions would be one Canadian couple and an Israeli girl. Also about 10 were male, everyone else (30 or so) being female. Almost all females had it processed faster, at least by 2 weeks. Seems Husband/Wife submitting same time, wife will almost always get it sooner, I suppose due to name checks.

I have to admit, it feels great to be an American. I have been thinking of about this for some time, I mean unlike greencard citizenship has less of an immediate impact, still it feels really good, underneath I feel that I am part of the winning team from now on (maybe myself coming from a poverty ridden country has something to do with it).

Got my interview scheduled for August 23rd

Quick question - what things should I carry with me to the interview other than passport and greencard etc.

Another question - I traveled internationally in the last month - is that something I should just let the IO officer know during the interview?

Floyd - You have too less of information given to provide you good feedback but please do take all originals of what was mailed with the case.

Examples:
1. Last 5 or 3 years tax returns whatever is applicable
2. Proof of Marriage if marriage based
3. Proof of Residency in certain State like Driver's License/Mortgage etc
4. Documentation if any records from Govt. DB's got expunched or any other issue with the law enforcement

As they say every case is different, so take what is relevant to your living history in the States. If some clarifications are required during interview you will be able to provide evidence right there. This would make the process go smoothly and efficiently.

Floyd - You have too less of information given to provide you good feedback but please do take all originals of what was mailed with the case.

Examples:
1. Last 5 or 3 years tax returns whatever is applicable
2. Proof of Marriage if marriage based
3. Proof of Residency in certain State like Driver's License/Mortgage etc
4. Documentation if any records from Govt. DB's got expunched or any other issue with the law enforcement

As they say every case is different, so take what is relevant to your living history in the States. If some clarifications are required during interview you will be able to provide evidence right there. This would make the process go smoothly and efficiently.

Thanks for your reply Jugnu. My case is fairly straightforward. Employment based green card + 5 years. Living in the same state and same job for several years. I am going to carry several documents like drivers license, driver history, proof of employment, pay stubs - still thinking if it is worth carrying 5 years of tax returns - I have not been out that much - stayed more than 4 and half years within the country with several small international trips.

The only question I had was I am married and my wife is in India (Iranian passport holder) so I am carrying the marriage certificate. Just wondering what else I need.

Also, what kind of verbal and written test do they ask?

One more thing, my appointment time is 1.00 p.m. but they say do not arrive more than half hour before the appointment. Do they not allow people till it's just half hour - I was thinking of going a couple of hour earlier just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for your reply Jugnu. My case is fairly straightforward. Employment based green card + 5 years. Living in the same state and same job for several years. I am going to carry several documents like drivers license, driver history, proof of employment, pay stubs - still thinking if it is worth carrying 5 years of tax returns - I have not been out that much - stayed more than 4 and half years within the country with several small international trips.

The only question I had was I am married and my wife is in India (Iranian passport holder) so I am carrying the marriage certificate. Just wondering what else I need.

Also, what kind of verbal and written test do they ask?

One more thing, my appointment time is 1.00 p.m. but they say do not arrive more than half hour before the appointment. Do they not allow people till it's just half hour - I was thinking of going a couple of hour earlier just to be on the safe side.

- I would take Tax Returns, as they translate that one has been living as permanent resident.
- You can go earlier than 30 minutes they may not say no to you unless USCIS Office is packed and they can't accommodate anyone that should not be there ...this is not that is driven out of Immigration Law but that is just to manage daily operations effectively.
- Check this out for test etc
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=afd6618bfe12f210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

I would suggest to visit USCIS.gov it has a lot of info. about citizenship test or just do Google. I hope this clarifies your questions.

Thanks! I'm a Citizen now - this forum has been useful over the years.

I thought I'd post my timeline in case anyone finds it useful. The forum has been useful to me over the last few years on and off, so thanks to our host and the mods. Now I'm done.

05/08/2012 Application sent
05/09/2012 Priority Date
05/30/2012 FP notice
06/20/2012 FP done
07/02/2012 Interview letter (approx)
07/27/2012 - Interview
08/23/2012 - Oath Ceremony

I became a Citizen in Campbell, CA this morning.

Goodbye and Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Interview letter

I received interview letter today but no online update or text message yet.

08/21/07 : GC Received
05/19/12 : N-400 mailed to Dallas Lockbox via USPS
05/21/12 : N-400 delivered ( 2 days early)
05/21/12 : E-mail sent (lockboxsupport@dhs.gov to delay the case acceptance or reject due to early submission)
05/23/12 : Earliest Accepted Filing Date (5 Years - 90 days)
05/24/12 : Received Date (NOA)
05/24/12 : Priority Date (NOA)
06/06/12 : Check cashed
06/06/12 : Text and E-mail Received Regarding Case Acceptance
06/11/12 : NOA Received by Mail
06/14/12 : Info Pass (to determine if my case is early submission denial situation)
06/20/12 : FP Notice Mailed - E-mail and Text Received
07/16/12 : FP done on Schedule
08/23/12 : Interview letter Received (District Office Memphis)
09/24/12 : Interview Date

Today I had my naturalization interview and I became an American Citizen!!!!!!

Such a long journey but it is finally done :)

Now I have to apply for my wife who is waiting for me in India.

Thank you everyone - you all have been such a great help and support. I have been using this forum since 2003 - so after 9 years on this forum (and more than 12 years in this country), I have finally reached this milestone - thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!;););););););)

I received interview letter today but no online update or text message yet.

08/21/07 : GC Received
05/19/12 : N-400 mailed to Dallas Lockbox via USPS
05/21/12 : N-400 delivered ( 2 days early)
05/21/12 : E-mail sent (lockboxsupport@dhs.gov to delay the case acceptance or reject due to early submission)
05/23/12 : Earliest Accepted Filing Date (5 Years - 90 days)
05/24/12 : Received Date (NOA)
05/24/12 : Priority Date (NOA)
06/06/12 : Check cashed
06/06/12 : Text and E-mail Received Regarding Case Acceptance
06/11/12 : NOA Received by Mail
06/14/12 : Info Pass (to determine if my case is early submission denial situation)
06/20/12 : FP Notice Mailed - E-mail and Text Received
07/16/12 : FP done on Schedule
08/23/12 : Interview letter Received (District Office Memphis)
09/24/12 : Interview Date

Goodluck with your interview Jugnu.

waiting for interview since june 19

filled my n400 in May 2012 my priority date was 7may got my fp letter on the 11 June early walkin for fp on the 15 June status changed inline for interview scheduling on the 19 of June waiting since no update. My five year anniversary was 5 July 2012....! It seems like some people were lucky and some are stuck in Orlando..!

Goodluck with your interview Jugnu.

Had my interview in Memphis,TN today, my appointment was at 8.10am, left Nashville at 3.30am got to Memphis at 6.40am, was called in at 8.40am, the interviewer was a bit over zealous and annoying;asking me why my wife could not come with me because i was applying based on marriage to a USC, i told him i have a 2yr old and a six month old so i can't wake them up that early so wife is staying at home with them other than that,the interview went very well and quick was approved and out in less than 10mins and was told i would receive the oat letter soon.

Honesttt,
Nashville.

My wife and I had our interviews today, it went pretty straightforward, except my wife's took 2 hours longer for some reason we don't understand.

I got my Oath appointment on the spot for 9/27 (in my local town), my wife got her Oath appointment for 9/11 (at TD Garden). We asked them to change one of us so we can take our Oath together, and unfortunately to accommodate us we both got the later date.

These were my test questions:

1. How many Justice's are there on the Supreme Court?
2. If both the president and vice president are unable to serve who becomes president?
3. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
4. Name one branch or part of the government.
5. What does the president's cabinet do?
6. We elect senators for how many years?

N-400 (Application for Citizenship) completed: 4/22/12
N-400 mailed : 5/23/12 via FedEx Priority Overnight.
N-400 received by USCIS: 5/24/12 10:29 AM
N-400 fee checks cashed: 5/30/12
N-400 Priority Date : 5/24/12
N-400 Notice Date : 5/29/12
Fingerprints - Notice Date: 6/7/12
Fingerprints letter received: 6/11/12
Fingerprints Appointment: 7/3/12
Fingerprints Taken at <> and sent to FBI: 6/28/12
Interview Letter Notice Date: 7/24/12
Interview Letter Received : 7/28/12
Interview date : 8/30/12
Oath letter received: 8/30/12
OATH CEREMONY: 9/27/12

spread eementne

filled my n400 in May 2012 my priority date was 7may got my fp letter on the 11 June early walkin for fp on the 15 June status changed inline for interview scheduling on the 19 of June waiting since no update. My five year anniversary was 5 July 2012....! It seems like some people were lucky and some are stuck in Orlando..!

Hi -

I would suggest to take an info pass and ask USCIS officer if your Name Check got cleared or not.USCIS initiate background checks on Naturalization Applications, during these checks most are auto DB checks of multiple US Federal agencies like CBP, FBI etc. The typical delays are when a possible Name match may exist anywhere in the world and that info. may or may not be readily available to review. A lot has been written over these issues, please check http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/name-checks

I hope you get it soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my interview in Memphis,TN today, my appointment was at 8.10am, left Nashville at 3.30am got to Memphis at 6.40am, was called in at 8.40am, the interviewer was a bit over zealous and annoying;asking me why my wife could not come with me because i was applying based on marriage to a USC, i told him i have a 2yr old and a six month old so i can't wake them up that early so wife is staying at home with them other than that,the interview went very well and quick was approved and out in less than 10mins and was told i would receive the oat letter soon.

Honesttt,
Nashville.

Honesttt, very Happy for you :).

Jugnu