Massachusetts SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh.. I thought NOV 2003 date is real. It looks like typo now.

Ok. I am a new addition to the forum. Here's my labour details

RD: 09/05/2003
Type: NON-RIR

Any rough idea of how long it takes for SESA to process the case?

Good luck all.

please help

Dear forum members, please advise me in this matter. My employer has been filing from Philadelphia and Harrisburg ( yes, for each applicant) in recent times. He has obtained some GCs successfully from both the places ( as far as I know). But, yesterday he told me that he cannot continue doing this with me as now,it seems, there is concern over the head office not being in the state of filing. His office is in Boston and I think he has been maintaning an address in Philadelphia for 4 to 5 years now. So he would be starting the procedure from Massachusetts.

1. How far is he correct in this change of plan. He says he is being pro-active for the up-coming ruling on the 'head office' or 'forum shopping' issue.

2. What is the realistic time line I am looking at if I have to file from Massachusetts in RIR, EB2 by , say, end of April 2004.

3. Is RIR ( for IT people) a good/bad idea in Massachusetts ?

highly appreciate your help.

thanks

Hello all I am new to this forum.
I am working as a consultant. My employer agreed to apply for my GC in KY. I have given my papers to lawyer. He said he will apply for my labor in few days. I know this employer very well. But my project may end in 1 or 2 months.

I heard I can buy labor certificate if some one has it. I want to go for it. Since my project is uncertain.
Is it required to get one more H1 to apply for I140 & 485 if I get labor clearace form someone?

If you know some one who has labor clearance I am ready to pay.

Please help me in this.

Thanks
Kumar

Has anyone successfully filed LC in RIR category recently, in the biotech/bioinformatics field in MA? I am wondering what the approval rates are...

I am new to this forum...and I've found the comments here exteremely useful. Here are my details.

EB2 RIR
MA SESA PD:09/25/2003

Any word on the progress of RIRs these days. I know most RIRs were getting denied last year.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations bearshub... and good luck at the Boston DOL. Hey, can you give me some insight on your case. What sorts of advertisements did you have to do? I think there have to be two ads in the Boston Globe.
Also, about your company .. what's the size? Are you in the IT field? What kind of work do you perform?
I would really appreciate if you can provide me this information without divulging any specifics.
Thanks!

MA_Labor,

Yes, i posted two ads on Boston Globe. I think there is also an ad on jobbank.com. My company is a large software vendor. I do IT consulting. My company had no major layoffs in the past few years. Hope this help.

Approved

Hi Guys,
Just want to let you know that I got my Labor Approval today. That was quick. Thanks for all the help and support. Good luck to you all. See you all in 140 & 485 threads.

My Details: Sr. S/W Engineer
EB2 non-RIR
MA SESA PD:10/01/2002,
Recruit. Results ubmitted:12/14/2003
Boston DOL RD - 4/9/2004,
DOL AD - 05/04/2004

Is there anyway to know what's the status of the application. I applied in Nov 11, 2002 under non-RIR for EB@ category. When I calll their tel number 1-617-626-5365, they ask me to leave number and call back. Previously they told me to ask my attorney to call them. Is there anyway to know what's going on?

May Status

MA SESA is now processing ...
Non-RIR: Jan 2nd, 2003 - Jan 16th, 2003
RIR: july 2nd, 2003 - july 16th, 2003

How to check whether a case has been approved for RIR

My lawyer filed my case as the regular track with MA SESA late last August. My company recently built up enough recruiting history for RIR so he filed more documents to MA SESA to convert my case to RIR. Is there anyway for me to know whether my case has been approved for RIR? When my case is forwarded to Boston DOL later, will it be treated as RIR case or a regular track case? BTW, is there anyone who filed as RIR case in last July being approved? The MA SESA's automatic phone system seems not to work any more. Thanks a lot!

Help in Pre Approve Labour

Since most of companies are recruiting now .
Is there any companies with pre -approved labour for J2EE /SNMP stuff
I have around 8 years of experience in J2EE stuff...
Can anybody atleast gve me pointers about company names..

Thanks
gudikal

Anybody knows why there is no June update from MA SESA yet?

I called that number and the message was still recorded in May.

rayking said:
I called that number and the message was still recorded in May.

This has happened for some months in the past too, in my experience. Usually (unfortunately), the message still stays at the previous month (May in this case) if the processing dates have not moved since.

In reality however, I have noticed that actual processing dates tend to be slightly ahead for SESA (2-3 weeks), and significantly ahead for DOL (4-8 weeks).

HTH. Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.