marriage case (I-485) has been delayed for 4 Yrs

needhelp116

Hi! I was married to a US citizen on August 2000 in NY city, and I filed I-485 application on September 2000. I had interview with officer Mr. Policarpio on July 31, 2001. He didn't give me green card right the way, because I did finger print on July 18, 2001. My finger print wasn't cleared at that time. But he signed on my passport, and told me that I would be noticed by mail once the finger print is cleared, and I would have to come back for the stamp. But I hadn't hear anything until this year March. During that time, I hired couple of lawyers to follow up with my case. The last lawyer found out that the INS lost my documents. March 6, 2004, I received a letter from INS.
They asked me re-send over all the documents, and re-do the finger print. I did all the things that they required. But I haven't heard anything since then. I hired couple of lawyers, they just took my money and did nothing(no progress). Can you please help me with this matters?

Thank you so much!

Try writing to the congressmen, Senators, Newspapers. Maybe something may work out for that way. Lawyers are not going to be of much help unless someone is willing to file a lawsuit on your behalf. Just shows how draconian and inhumane the govt bereaucracy has become.