• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Marriage after interview but before entering the usa?

okml

Registered Users (C)
Hi all
I have a question and I'm so confued.
-Is it allowed to get marriage after interview but before entering the usa?
I've lived with my fiance for more six years. i registered dv2011 as single because Not yet marriage ,and my visa would be refused if i get marriage after being selected (winning).

-shall i problem when entring at POE when I'll declare that i'm maried?

any idea and experience will be help

thak all

It would be a wise decision not to get married before the interview. It would spoil all your efforts. They might guess, simply to accompany your wife, you have recently get married. If you would be married before the 1st notification letter, and could send the details of you wife to kcc, that should be nice. But now, u dont have any other option.

If you get visa, then u can get married. The US immigration law permits PRs to bring their wives to US. I dont see any problem, to get married after the visa granted and before leaving USA.

You can get married whenever you want...it has nothing to do with your application UNLESS you want to add your wife/husband to the application.

After the interview, the process is all over and nobody can be added at all...only before the interview and it might raise a red flag...unless you have proof how long you were engaged and that you had planned the wedding long before...

The US immigration law permits PRs to bring their wives to US.
A GC holder can surely bring his wife, but not as a PR. She is welcome to come with any type of visa though. You need to be a citizen if you want it to be done quickly.

There is a HUGE PROBLEM with "pop-up" relatives, especially spouses in the DV Lottery program. Proceed very carefully so as not to be called a fraud and denied any visa. Read about the legal requirements carefully at both the State Department and USCIS websites.

thank all for ideas
DO you think I can go and ask at the us ambassy.

If you cannot find your answer on the websites and it makes you feel better to talk to someone face-to-face then go to the embassy and talk to them, quickly.

@okml, I'm replying u after nearly a month since u posted ur issue online and i don't know how far u have gone with it. what i can tell u if u havent faced the embassy guys is to read the USCIS procedures on what u can do in this matter. just to give u a piece of what they require to be done in a situation like this is for a spouse to fill a form which they specify and send it to them. the spouse will be required to go for an interview too and get his/her visa just like any other person. he/she must wait till a visa is assigned to him/her just like others wait for their turn to be interviewed. go thru it to understand it deeper. all the best.

It would be a wise decision not to get married before the interview. It would spoil all your efforts. They might guess, simply to accompany your wife, you have recently get married. If you would be married before the 1st notification letter, and could send the details of you wife to kcc, that should be nice. But now, u dont have any other option.

If you get visa, then u can get married. The US immigration law permits PRs to bring their wives to US. I dont see any problem, to get married after the visa granted and before leaving USA.

He is right.Bring the original and a copy of your marriage certificate. Also, on a separate sheet of paper, complete all of the questions from the N-400 that ask about your spouse.