Marriage – Divorce – Marriage

JS485

Registered Users (C)
Seniors please help.
I first came to this country on H4 visa. I stayed with my wife for 1 month or so and went back to my home country. Later that year my wife came to India and we both got divorced.

A year after that I got a job offer and traveled to USA on H1B visa. After 4 months or so I visited India to remarry, my wife got H4 visa and came here with me. We applied for GC which got approved and now is the time to apply citizenship.

I was reading the N-400 form and it requires you to fill details about your previous marriages. Do you guys see any issues in this case? Any advice?

It seems a straight forward case. Your previous marriage has no bearing on your case. Except that you are required to disclose you personal history as if there are dependents (kids) from a marriage they might be eligible for citizenship as well.

also agree with the prior postings. You will just need to disclose the prior marriage in your N-400 application.

I am sorry I did not get your question.

Did you marry the same woman twice? in which case you may need to explain a little, if the second wife is a new one I don't understand your question, just state the facts include divorce and marriage certs and Bob's your uncle.