Marital Status change during AOS

abchoudary

Registered Users (C)
Hello gurus,

Got in a pixie situation. Filed my 485 and am waiting for approval. (Past 18 months). During initial filing of 485 was single and there was no name to enter for the spouse. Now, was on EAD, AP and 485 (AOS), I got married to my love (sucessfuly on the boat at the right time)

a) Now, is it imperative that I change the Marital Status on 485 which is pending?

b) reason being, doing step a) would in turn help me with my follow-to-join process (file I 824) after 485 approval.

c) If I dare not mention the spouse or change the status to Married from single will that be a cause of concern.

(One reason I fear is by initiating a change of staus I might create unncessary delay, and it might take longer than it is taking right now for approval -- my allayed fears which I cannot keep them to rest about INS)

I highly appreciate any and all input in this matter.

-- Thanks Gurus

You can apply I-824 before 485 approval, but make sure that they wont pick your I-824 before 485 approval. I-824 is taking several months depending on the service center. Other than that ( to my knowldge) you dont have to file any change of marital status to INS.

Originally posted by abchoudary
Hello gurus,

Got in a pixie situation. Filed my 485 and am waiting for approval. (Past 18 months). During initial filing of 485 was single and there was no name to enter for the spouse. Now, was on EAD, AP and 485 (AOS), I got married to my love (sucessfuly on the boat at the right time)

a) Now, is it imperative that I change the Marital Status on 485 which is pending?

b) reason being, doing step a) would in turn help me with my follow-to-join process (file I 824) after 485 approval.

c) If I dare not mention the spouse or change the status to Married from single will that be a cause of concern.

(One reason I fear is by initiating a change of staus I might create unncessary delay, and it might take longer than it is taking right now for approval -- my allayed fears which I cannot keep them to rest about INS)

I highly appreciate any and all input in this matter.

-- Thanks Gurus