March Filers, let's get together !!

Well im glad it went well man! Im sorry to hear about the namecheck though!

edit: kkboy i also only have 1 LUD after my FP and thats it!!! im scared!!! I hope i get another one before my interview!!!

espoman,

your interview is a good 2 months-1 week away. No reason to be scared just yet...or ever for that matter :cool:

sadakapm, you are not alone ! *Name chek pending*
Vaca and UMP, you are very lucky !!!!!!!! :)

Am back, guys, the interview was fun. There was this friendly officer, very nice, took us in the room, swore us in, asked to seat in the right spot. Once in there, she had our file open, started talking about informal stuff, asked to see our birth certs, asked my wife when she came in the US, what status she has currently etc. It was very informal. I had sent so much proof already, the officer didn't know what else to ask, I gave home insurance and new bank statements.
Very few questions were asked, she was extremely friendly, told us we are her last case of the day, loved my new US passport with RFID, said she shud have waited a bit b4 renewing hers. Anyhow, she asked to see some photos from our album, complemented about the photos (nice) and was also happy to see we had family pics and beautiful people in there :).
She asked me if I prepared all the forms and why I didn't apply for my wife's GC when I had GC. I told her...it was an easy case and forms were too simple.
She was a great officer....no ego nothing...it was just a very friendly talk. She even got interrupted by a fellow officer who
brought her a new book of imimgration laws, she showed it to me and laughed, " i gotta get used to new laws now". Her hubby called, she said nicely "Dear, am in an interview..hang on, will call u bak". LOL
Asked my wife about her job, about the IT industry, indian economy etc...just general stuff. I copied so much stuff from Kinko's...nothing was touched or asked except for our license, BC's..that's it.No emp letter or anything else for both of us.
Anyhow, so it was all done in 15 mins, she said...since the name chek is pending (almost all cases that i did today have pending name chek), you will have to wait b4 i approve. "Since your H1 visa also required name chek and it was done quickly in the past, nothing to worry. It's just that we are arranging interviews at a very fast pace, fbi chek shud clear soon."

That's it, we walked out, happily.....now the waiting game begins, we are in no rush to travel or anything, as long as the interview went well....

Thx for all the wishes, you guys, get that GC. I will keep updating my status once the LUD's happen (hopefully soon). Will hang around this forum too....maybe some people can benefit from my experience with citizenship + wife's GC.

Over and Out !

KK !

PS: I do believe now, maybe that LAST LUD IS required :) :) , like Vaca and UMP got jst b4 their interview. We still have the LUD from our FP date + 1 day..nothing after that. Oh well..there's only so much you can do. Thx for the ice cream jokes Vaca, espo..lol !!

Observation: As we were seated, waiting....there was this guy whose sponsor didn't come with him at all, officer was quite upset with the situation, sent him home....man, life is tough for some people...we shud b happy LOL

Congrats to you and your wife kkboy!!!!!

Yea namecheck should be done soon imo.

That's really awesome to hear no one has had any bad experiences like we have read on other threads!!

good going!! and good luck to all :)

Interview day today May 24th 2007 at 10:30 at San Jose 1887 monterey Rd.

Started early morning at 8:30 and reached USCIS at 9:00. Secuirty guard checked our appointment letter and we were asked to go to 2nd Floor Room 200. where people were waiting. We have to go and place our Apoointment letter in a small Cardboard box near a closed counter. Then we sat down.

People were called one by one. At 10:10 We were called in by a old officer he looked too formal. He had a bald head and had a serious face most of the time.

He took us to his private room. Then he asked us to stand and asked us to raise our right hand and we took an OATH saying " All the information I will be relaying is True and not false"

Then he made us to sit. We were very cool. No nervousness at all.

Questions asked:

He grabbed a pile of papers from my file and started looking at my file and then looks into his computer and types my ful name my wifes full name and that we appeared on May 24 and prints it out.

Then he looked into our file and asked questions as he ticked each and every page.

(1) How did you guys meet?
(2) He turned to me and asked how you were attracted to your wife?
(3) He turned to my wife and asked what do you guys have in common?
(4) Stops with the Qn and asks us for my passport, my wifes Drivers licence and my drivers licence and our birth certificates.
(5) Then he askked me to list all my previous address and when did you finish your schools and how long have you been working in H1B?
(6) Are you still with your current employer?
(7) Asks my wife about her employment and employment letter and Year 2006 W2's. Marks something in the file.
(8) Then he started asking my wife random questions. He picked our album and asked who the little boy standing in the picture. I started gigglling as that guy is just a public in the theme park..

Then he goes and makes copies of all the documents we provided. He comes back and says I would have stamped your passport right now if I had the background check file but we havent finished with your FBI Check yet and he gives me a Notice where it says FBI check pending and he asks us to wait for 4 months and if we dont get our GC then asked to mail him.

Our INTERVIEW went good just not as lucky as the other 2 march filers with my name. :D :D :D What do you expect with a name Mohamed Ali.

I knew that I would be stuck in name check as my LUD's were not updated after the LUD's I got after my finger printing.

03/24/2007 : RD
03/28/07: ND
04/02/2007: cashed
04/04/2007: Receipts in Mail
04/14/07:FP Notice Date
04/21/2007: Interview letter for May 24th 10:30 AM at SJC
05/02/07: FP Taken (485, 765)
05/03/07: Last Update (LUD) 485, 765
05/24/07: Interview Taken Today (Went well, FBI BGC pending :( )

Congrats!!! Name check will be done soon

San Jose office guys seem to nice and quite efficient!

Thx a lot every1 (willow, springfield, espo,vaca,unix,ump, pretorian, adom and every1 else). Yea, we hope to clear that thing soon and get on with our lives. Good luc to you all, it's just a matter of time when every1 will have a GC soon. Espoman, relax, bud, your interview is far away, FBI shud be done wining and dining on your name easily by then :cool:

Congrats you guys on smooth interviews! Hope your name check will come through soon. I just read that someone asked if he/she was going to have trouble getting back in the country with I-551 stamp. I know it's supposed to be as good as the real thing, but I read in November or December filing thread that this one lady did have a problem with it. Apparently custom/immigration kept her at the airport for a while until they could verify the information on their system. It appears that there are numerous attempts to fake the stamp as well, so they have to be extra cautious about it. Hope this help!

KKBOY,

Congrats on the smooth interview. Hopefully, your name check clears up soon. Our case still has a long way to go but we will just wait for things to unfold as it naturally comes. Again, speed of processing is DO dependent. See you around and keep us posted with any progress on ur case... Good luck bro.

Thx a lot every1 (willow, springfield, espo,vaca,unix,ump, pretorian, adom and every1 else). Yea, we hope to clear that thing soon and get on with our lives. Good luc to you all, it's just a matter of time when every1 will have a GC soon. Espoman, relax, bud, your interview is far away, FBI shud be done wining and dining on your name easily by then :cool:

KKBoy!!!

After the interview did they give you a slip which says name check pending right....Did you guys get any kind of stamping in your wife's passport....

I just got a slip, but the officer said everything is in order as soon as the name check is finished we should be good.

:D :D :D HAPPY MEMORIAL WEEKEND....

If we had our stamp we would have partied this weekend...Good luck to to others on this forum and thanks VACA for your wishes.

__________________________________________________ ______
Interview held in San Jose (Monterey Rd)
Filed GC
3/21/07: (130, 485, 864, 693 )sent
03/24/2007 : RD
03/28/07: ND
04/02/2007: cashed
04/04/2007: Receipts in Mail
04/14/07:FP Notice Date
04/21/2007: Interview letter for May 24th 10:30 AM at SJC
05/02/07: FP Taken (485, 765)
05/03/07: Last Update (LUD) 485, 765
05/24/07: Interview Taken Today (Went well, FBI BGC pending )

Hi there,

This is my second time posting and I am fairly new to the sight but the first time no one answered so I am hoping some one will be able to help me out this time around. I am a Canadian citizen and I am married to a USC. We applied for the I-130 back in March and they recieved it on March 12, 2007. We are currently waiting to see if I am accepted or not. I was wondering if I will need to apply for any other forms such as a work permit (EAD) or anything else and when we would need to do this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jenn

Hi there,

This is my second time posting and I am fairly new to the sight but the first time no one answered so I am hoping some one will be able to help me out this time around. I am a Canadian citizen and I am married to a USC. We applied for the I-130 back in March and they recieved it on March 12, 2007. We are currently waiting to see if I am accepted or not. I was wondering if I will need to apply for any other forms such as a work permit (EAD) or anything else and when we would need to do this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jenn

Are you currently residing in the States? If you are, then I'm presuming you are looking to adjust your status? If that is the case, then yes, you will need to file I485 and I765 to adjust your status and apply for an EAD if you want to work while waiting.

Got LUD I-765 e-mail:Current Status: Approval notice sent.......On May 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.
:) :p :)

.......but no LUD on I-130????....

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone had an experience regarding to the inspector come and whether you live together or not? i got this information from my lawyer.

thanks
springfield.

Got the interview letter!!

I finally got the interview letter. Quite a surprise today! Interview is on July 18. Hopefully the name check is done by then and I get approved too.

Vaca100, Kkboy and Sadakapm - congratulations to all of you!

I finally got the interview letter. Quite a surprise today! Interview is on July 18. Hopefully the name check is done by then and I get approved too.

Vaca100, Kkboy and Sadakapm - congratulations to all of you!

Saturdays are good for you...
hearty congrats, what a great news for the long weekend....nice, jbh !!!

Where is everyone at!? heh, this thread has been quiet for a couple of days! Well just wanted to drop by and say hi! :eek:

Are you currently residing in the States? If you are, then I'm presuming you are looking to adjust your status? If that is the case, then yes, you will need to file I485 and I765 to adjust your status and apply for an EAD if you want to work while waiting.

I am in Canada and we are waiting for approval of our I-130. (sent to USCIS on March 5, 2007 and they recieved it on March 12, 2007 and we recieved our NOA on March 17,2007 at the California service centre) I would like to be able to once (hopefully) approved and when I'm able to move down I'd like to be able to look for a job and be able to legally work there so we can start saving for a place of our own and such. So would I still need the I-765? I know just before the second anniversary of our wedding we are going to have to apply for the I-485. Right?

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong...

My understanding is that if you are applying from outside of the States, then you'll just have your interview at your consular office. If you are approved, then you are a permanent resident. I485 is only for adjustment of status while you are inside the country. And I765 will be useless at that point as permanent resident does not need a work authorization.