March Filers, let's get together !!

excuse my ignorance. im kindda new here. please what does LUD mean?
and also where can i find a list of all these acronyms used here and their meanings. thx

i m back

Thank you for your wishes. Appreciate it.

I am back. Interview was really good but name check is pending. :mad:

She asked nothing other than questions on 485 and 864 to my husband. She didn't ask anything about our marriage. It went smooth but now we will have to wait for name check to get cleared.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any question. Thanks.

Chicagolady, good luck today on the interview. I hope all goes well. Let us know how you make out.

Hi, Just a question for you,
When did you file?
How long before Name clears, did she tell you?
Can you travel since you application was approved?
Did they stamp your passport for traveling purposes?

My wife and I would like to go to Europe end of September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ap

No, they don't stamp if your name check is pending. But they give you advance parole(AP) so that you can travel. From what i heard, you are completely safe to travel on AP if your name check is pending.

Thanks for the info!

Don't they stamp your passport with somekind of stamp for traveling at the interview once you pass?

Thank you PraetorianXI, keeping my fingers crossed.

I joined sadakapm and kkboy with name check pending list.

I am glad it went well for you ChicagoLady. :)

Hopefully it will not be long before the namecheck clears. Keep your hopes up!

Now let me quote....

It has been said that if you get 2 LUDs on your I-485 AFTER your fingerprints/biometrics are done, then your name check has cleared. But it is not official information, just a good guess.

Also, I would apply for Advance Parole right away. It will not hurt you if you end up needing it, plus it is less than $200 anyways. I would apply for it now, before the new prices kick in (July 30).

Can anyone confirm this one?

Common name? First time I hear it.

Bad thing for me, I am a latino with an arab name :p

And tommy, you can hit the "quote" button on the lower right corner of the post and it actually quotes it for you :)

Now let me quote....

It has been said that if you get 2 LUDs on your I-485 AFTER your fingerprints/biometrics are done, then your name check has cleared. But it is not official information, just a good guess.

Also, I would apply for Advance Parole right away. It will not hurt you if you end up needing it, plus it is less than $200 anyways. I would apply for it now, before the new prices kick in (July 30).

Can anyone confirm this one?

It's nearly impossible to guess what's going on with your case based on LUDs alone. I got very lucky and my name check did clear by the time of our interview (day 75). I did have one LUD after FP and another just before the interview, but I've also seen people with similar LUDs that are stuck in name check. There's no telling. Also, Advance Parole is always a good idea even if your interview is not too far away.

EAD Received Today

I received my EAD. update my signature. will go apply for social security number tommorow. EAD issue date is 6/14 so I'm hoping it's in the system already so I won't have to wait long for the number.

Question will they hire you already w/ just the work permit or you have to have both the ss# and work permit before they hire you?

PS Congrats on the approval chicagolady and here's hoping that your name check will clear right away.

I received my EAD. update my signature. will go apply for social security number tommorow. EAD issue date is 6/14 so I'm hoping it's in the system already so I won't have to wait long for the number.

Question will they hire you already w/ just the work permit or you have to have both the ss# and work permit before they hire you?

PS Congrats on the approval chicagolady and here's hoping that your name check will clear right away.

The company will hire you if you got a work permit. Then you can apply for SSN. I got hired before I got EAD card almost 2 week. Your company will ask you to fill the form. You can fill in with the A# number and once you got the SSN, you can inform your company.

No, they don't stamp if your name check is pending. But they give you advance parole(AP) so that you can travel. From what i heard, you are completely safe to travel on AP if your name check is pending.

Congrats!!!! Chicagolady. At least your interview was good and you knew that you got GC. I hope that it won't take too long for you. I will have an interview on AUG9 in Chicago too.

The company will hire you if you got a work permit. Then you can apply for SSN. I got hired before I got EAD card almost 2 week. Your company will ask you to fill the form. You can fill in with the A# number and once you got the SSN, you can inform your company.

Thanks. That information is good to know coz I wanted to start work right away