March Filers, let's get together !!

knock knock...

UMP ?? Where are you...i hope uare partying hard on a tropical island....we are waiting for the good news. ::D :cool:

It's Done!

Hey guys:
Thank you everyone for checking in. It took a couple of hours to drive to and from DO, but we have a really good news to report. My application was approved and I also got a stamp in my passport. We were actually called in a few minutes before our appointment. The adjudicator and my husband realized that they were from the same town and hit it off, which took a big load off my stress level. She swore us in and asked for our id's, my social security card, passport, and I-94 card, which she kept. The interview wasn't really much about us as a couple as it was about Ohio highway system and football. She looked through her file and asked to see what documents we brought. My husband knew that I was really nervous about whether or not my background check was done, so he asked. She glanced at the file and told us that I was lucky because it was already completed. She browsed through our document folder and took 1) my husband's 06 tax return, which wasn't filed with the application packet 2) a copy of our life insurance policies 3) a copy of our vehicle registration, and 4) a copy of our car insurance policy. She asked if I wanted my husband's last name on my card (I haven't changed my name yet) and changed it for me after I said yes. We spent the remaining time after she stamped my passport and a giant "approved" red letters on the file talking about our dogs and showing off their pictures. The whole interview took less than half an hour and at least 20 minutes of that was about Ohio State football program and puppies. And I also got that "card production ordered" email for my EAD when I got home. The whole day couldn't have been more perfect and I really hope your interview goes as smoothly. Thanks again for everything! Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Umploop, wow..what great news !!

the 2nd marcher tastes success !! Very nice, thx for the detailed post. Glad u had a very smooth ride....congrats!!!:D :D :D
Also happy for you that ur name chek was done too !!! amazing !
I will post once we are done tomorrow....with whatever news we get.

Congrats Umploop, good luck kkboy

Nice job Umploop!! Must be a very good feeling! :D

kkboy, good luck to you and your wife!! let us know how it goes. Remember to check out the IO and describe to me..curious to know if we got the same one:D

thx a ton...

Thx, y'all. I will definitely photograph the IO with my button camera hidden in my shirt ( like in the movies):D . I will try to be in my senses to note his name and face.I hope to meet the same guy who took my interview during my citizenship months ago....oh well. They usually have a nice little nameplate staring at you in their offices...will bring it home when he goes for the photocopies of my passport. LoL, jk !!!. Whoever I get, I just hope he's a harbinger of good news. Thank you all, appreciate the wishes !

Last edited by a moderator:
May 24th tommorrow AOS interview in San jose

KKBOY

Seems like you have a Interview tomm at San Jose just like me. Mines at 10:30 and yours.

Mar 21: Receipt Date for 485, 130, 765
Apr 05: Checks Cashed
May 04: Finger printing Done 485, 765
May 05: LUD on 485, 765
May 24: AOS interview apoointment at 10:30 (Nervous and Excited)

:D :D :D :D Laughing today

Tomm :)D :D :D or :( :( :( ) Will let you know the outcome

Mohamed Ali

man ,sadakapm

man ,sadakapm ~ !! where have u been man, this is ur 2nd post in as many years !!! :) :) :p

Mine is at 1:30 pm. good luck to your, bro...go take down George Foreman ! Let us know how it goes, don't be a stranger !

KK

Thx buddy!!! I dont use forums a lot...I try to stay away from it but this March Filers forum really impressed me. Lots n Lots of info ....I think missed a lot of it....

I will post my experience tomm!!!

Since you have been there already for your Citizenship I/V ....how is the parking?

KK

Thx buddy!!! I dont use forums a lot...I try to stay away from it but this March Filers forum really impressed me. Lots n Lots of info ....I think missed a lot of it....

I will post my experience tomm!!!

Since you have been there already for your Citizenship I/V ....how is the parking?

parking is decent on the backside, front is mostly occupied by the early birds( employees, I guess - ~30 spots). On the back, there's a huge combined parking lot that connects Gold's gym etc..so no worries ( ~200 or so spots)

Thanks KK for your info!!!

Are LUD's a prediction of the checks (Name Check & other checks)

I see the 2 March approvals all had a LUD after Finger printing LUD's.

I just have a LUD immediately after finger printing and no other LUD's after that.

To Paolly

Congratulations to Karamaru for the EAD approval. My filing date is very similar to yours, and I would hope to see my EAD approval soon. Over the weekend, I received my interview notice, a complete surprise. Here is my updated timeline.

My information:
H-1B marrying USC
DO: Boston, MA
RD: 3/8/07
ND: 3/12/07
FP (NOA): 3/14/07
FP: 3/31/07
LUD 130: 3/21/07
LUD 765, 485: 4/9/2007
Interview Notice: 5/15/2007
Interview Date: 7/11/2007.

Wow, Paolly, seems like the Boston DO is moving fairly fast. Please keep us posted about how your interview goes.

To UmpLoop and kkboy

That's wonderful, UmpLoop! Good for you. Congratulations!

Kkboy, good luck to you!

Thanks KK for your info!!!

Are LUD's a prediction of the checks (Name Check & other checks)

I see the 2 March approvals all had a LUD after Finger printing LUD's.

I just have a LUD immediately after finger printing and no other LUD's after that.

don't worry about those LUD's. I asked around, they don't mean a lot, it seems. we will know tomorrow. I have similar LUD's like u....we shall see :) :)

JBH, Thanks this forum is wonderful, I love the support that each one of us is giving to the other...makes the journey much more bearable !! I sincerely wish good luck to all you march filers and others who are following the thread.

Hi Kamaguru,

I moved here on B1/B2 basis & got married. I never had a work permit so no SS number. If you have a SS# already I guess there is no more waiting for you.
If you go back to the trends that people who have already received the EAD email had received the actual card in a very short period of time. Hopefully it's shouldn't take 30 days.

Good luck,

md6968

Hi Kamaguru,

I received my EAD by mail this evening.

Next is my interview.

Good luck,

md6968