March 2011 I 751 filers Please post here

smiriyal

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I am filing I 751 joint application in march.Please, use this thread for your respective journeys if you plan to file in march 2011.

I have one question though.
how imporatant are the affivadivts from friends.I have two friends who are ready but I don't want to bother them also do they have to be notarized?

Meanwhile I have a box full of financial cohabitation documents, insurance documents, bills to same address, hundreds of pictures, tax returns, leases and air tickets ..

Its just frustrating to ask anyone help for such a personal reason.
Thanks,
smiriyal

Anyone can you please, suggest no affidavits but whole lot of documentation planning to send the package tomorrow.Are there any instances of RFE's just for affidavits ??
Thanks,

Checks cashed and i have an EAC number on the back ..Anyone else filing in Mar 2011 for I 751 please use this thread.

recieved the one year extension letter today. Guys. please share your experiences if any one applied for I 751 in mar 2011 ..

04/04/2011 - Biometrics complete
03/21/2011-Received Biometrics notice for Apr 04, 2011
03/14/2011-Received one year extension letter
03/09/2011-Check Cashed
03/07/2011 - Package received
03/04/2011- I-751 package sent to CSC.

You can do the biometrics now. They sent mine after the date had past and I did it anyway. You don't have to wait until the 25th.

Biometrics completed nice and professional people at Whitehurst location in Dallas unlike what the reviews were.

Hi smiriyal,

can you please post what documents you sent. do we need to send 2 photos, cover letter and copy of passport etc?

Smiriyal, did your case status changed online before you received your approval letter? and am really getting so frustrated with this long wait at Vermont center, i sent mine in May, 2011.

Smiriyal, did your case status changed online before you received your approval letter? and am really getting so frustrated with this long wait at Vermont center, i sent mine in May, 2011.

Actually nothing changed till one week after I received my card then it said card production ordered on the date of approval on my letter ..but i did get two text messages when it got approved ..

Thanks for the reply and gosh this wait is really getting to me and i am just really ready to be done with this phase now.

Question for filers in this thread

My wife is filing here I-751 next month. She was planning to use a lawyer but given lawyers' fees (upwards of 1.5k) we are considering doing it on our own. I have the following questions to you:
- do most people opt to do this on their own? For a garden-variety case, do we need a lawyer?
- In terms of cohabitation documents, I am a little confused. Do we have to submit the evidence only for the interim period after the gc was approved, or do we need to submit all evidence including before and after the original gc approval?
- If yes to the above question, is there any way to get a copy of the submitted material or is it possible to refer to material already submitted during the original gc process?

Thanks a lot. Not sure if this is the right thread to post questions of this sort, but I could find only so many threads on i-751. Please point me to the correct thread for these type of questions if one exists.