March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

Where did you do your biometrics?

"Denucci" also has the same timeline and already received the IL. We should get ours soon :)
I hope the same :) It would be painful if I can't get a loan for school and have to pay it myself.

Biometrics were taken in York PA, about 30 miles to the south of Harrisburg.

Just checked for you and York, PA doesn't have an office.

The Pittsburgh office covers the state of West Virginia and the following counties in Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, and Westmoreland.

The Philly office serves the following counties in Pennsylvania: Adams, Berks, Bradford, Bucks, Cameron, Carbon, Centre, Chester, Clinton, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lackawana, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mifflin, Monroe, Montgomery, Montour, Northampton, Northumberland, Perry, Philadelphia, Pike, Potter, Schuylkill, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne, Wyoming, and York.

The best way however is the check with your zip code at https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh thanks for the the list and the link. So my district office is Philly. Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Oh thanks for the the list and the link. So my district office is Philly. Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

one of our other filers this month is also Philly and has recieved IL for later this month so hopefuully yours will be through soon, though you RFE will have delayed it a bit.

tinkerbelluk,
Your googledoc is really helpful. Would you be able to add another column to say if the case is parent or spouse?
I think it would make it easier to just follow say parent cases from March.

how are people doing on the job search, i struggling to even find vacanies here in Orlando, disney, universal and seaworld are all mostly on a recruitment freeze and the only thing thats readly avaliable is food and bev, which i can't do for medical reasons. not the best time when you are trained in hospitality management in the tourism capital.

how are people doing on the job search, i struggling to even find vacanies here in Orlando, disney, universal and seaworld are all mostly on a recruitment freeze and the only thing thats readly avaliable is food and bev, which i can't do for medical reasons. not the best time when you are trained in hospitality management in the tourism capital.

That's so sad :( Sorry to hear it.

I expected to have that problem as I live in a small town (pop. 15500) but luckily 2 new hotels have just been built and they are now recruiting.
I'm also in the hospitality field. Last job I had was as assistant manager of a hotel in East Sussex :)
I am, however, waiting for a new nursing home to start recruiting. Time for a slight career change :)

That's so sad :( Sorry to hear it.

I expected to have that problem as I live in a small town (pop. 15500) but luckily 2 new hotels have just been built and they are now recruiting.
I'm also in the hospitality field. Last job I had was as assistant manager of a hotel in East Sussex :)
I am, however, waiting for a new nursing home to start recruiting. Time for a slight career change :)

I hoping things are starting to look up, checked universal today and low and behold they have part time vacancies for guest relations and attractions, whilst i would prefer f/t and disney, i have put in for it as a job is a job. (I'm on disney's waiting list so it ain't to bad, plus i have positive rehire with them.)

Hey guys, I have a question. I thought I'd get a welcome letter once my adjustment of status has been approved, and by welcome letter, I thought it'd say something like, "Welcome to the Unites States". But the letter I received today said,

"Congratulations! Your application to adjust status has been approved. A permanent Resident Card will be mailed to you within 90 days to your address shown above.... Once again, congratulations on becoming a lawful permanent U.S. resident".

Is this the welcome letter everyone talks of? The quality of this paper is not very nice by the way, I mean, compare this to the NOA paper, this is just an ordinary printing paper lol.

Los Angeles
3/2/09 Package(I-130, I-485, G325A, I-765, I-131, I-864) sent to Chicago via USPS priority mail.
3/11/09 $355 and $1010 checks cashed. Not $70 check yet.
3/13/09 Received Rejection Notice for the $70 check. Now have Receipt Number!!
3/14/09 Received NOAs for 131,130,765, and 485.
3/16/09 ASC Appointment Notice received (Case type 485, 765). Biometrics scheduled on 4/2/09.
4/2/09 Biometrics done at El Monte Immigration Service Center
Around 4/13/09 Online Status for I-130 & I-765 started to show up.
4/17/09 According to the online status, I-131 has been approved and the notice was sent.
4/27/09 I-131 approved letter received.
4/27/09 Interview date is set on 6/5/09
5/11/09 EAD card production ordered
5/18/09 EAD card production ordered again!?
5/20/09 EAD card finally received.
5/21/09 Applied for SSN
6/1/09 Received SSN
6/5/09 Interview --> additional documents needed...
6/18/09 Submitted additional documents by going to the LA office
6/19/09 Online update appeared to be CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!
6/22/09 Received approval letter

Hey guys, I have a question. I thought I'd get a welcome letter once my adjustment of status has been approved, and by welcome letter, I thought it'd say something like, "Welcome to the Unites States". But the letter I received today said,

"Congratulations! Your application to adjust status has been approved. A permanent Resident Card will be mailed to you within 90 days to your address shown above.... Once again, congratulations on becoming a lawful permanent U.S. resident".

Is this the welcome letter everyone talks of? The quality of this paper is not very nice by the way, I mean, compare this to the NOA paper, this is just an ordinary printing paper lol.

It is indeed, its like the noa paper but not as good quality.

Well Guys, i calles USCIS and they are going to send my card back to me, hopefully they get it right and as fro who sent me the mail it was USCIS.

Well as for jobs some of us have to do career change i have started searching already and i am going from International Marketing Manager to administrative assistant one has to face reality, as for those who have rehire positive report i am glad, i used to work in broadcasting but now i don'nt mind anything because we need to get going. So guys lets all take what we can get for now and hope for the best and i am sure because we have come this far we would all get the type of jobs we want. Fingers crossed.

Well Guys, i calles USCIS and they are going to send my card back to me, hopefully they get it right and as fro who sent me the mail it was USCIS.

Well as for jobs some of us have to do career change i have started searching already and i am going from International Marketing Manager to administrative assistant one has to face reality, as for those who have rehire positive report i am glad, i used to work in broadcasting but now i don'nt mind anything because we need to get going. So guys lets all take what we can get for now and hope for the best and i am sure because we have come this far we would all get the type of jobs we want. Fingers crossed.

i'm glad to here they are trying to rectify the issue with youe card.

with regards to positive rehire - is only good if the companys actually hiring - and in may case disney is better at laying off than hiring at the mo, and then making those who ar left pull 70 -80hr weeks. :( seems very straange saying they are still getting average sized crowds. lol

justiceapple: that is not the official welcome letter. That is probably the approval letter that they usually give at the end of the interview. The Welcome Letter is printed on the same paper as the NOAs.

Denucci & Tinkerbell: I am with you guys on this one. Hopefully we all get into the careers we are aiming for! We worked hard in getting this far and we deserve it! :)

hey guys

I got approved for my GC

but I have a question don't they take our EAD and other NOAs with AP back or its not necessary

she just took i 94 and stamped on passport

So i had my infopass today...what a waste of time. I have to wait till the 3rd of July before they can take any action. This is because of RFE I sent April 2nd so that pushed my dates back almost a month.

Sigh - I guess one more week wont kill me.

I still have no EAD or AP

i have the same issue. i was able to reply to RFE 1 month after i received it...now it is already 2 months since they received all the evidence, but i still dont have an EAD...was thinking about INFOPASS as well, but now, after your post not even sure if i need it...

Don't rely on CRIS. They don't always update their online system.
Be patient and wait for letters in the mail.

That's exactly what happened. I was checking my mail and the CRIS every day for the last month. Today I decided to bring my lucky charm (that is my 3 year old) with me to the mailbox :) He opened the mailbox for me, and ta daaa! The interview notice is there! So, that was my trick :)

Like you said, CRIS doesn't show any updates.

By the way, my interview is scheduled on July 23 at the Pittsburgh office although my district office is Philadelphia (at least the link from post #463 says so)

I hope the best for you and for everyone else.

hey guys

I got approved for my GC

but I have a question don't they take our EAD and other NOAs with AP back or its not necessary

she just took i 94 and stamped on passport

Congratulations ! :)
It seems to depend on the IO. Some take the EAD some don't. It doesn't matter.
You can keep it for the memories :)

Affirmed and neamorfnost
I got my EAD one month after they got my RFE.
The RFE really messes up the cases !!

ta daaa! The interview notice is there!
Like you said, CRIS doesn't show any updates.

By the way, my interview is scheduled on July 23 at the Pittsburgh office although my district office is Philadelphia (at least the link from post #463 says so)

I hope the best for you and for everyone else.

Yeah, I think the one in the post above is just a support center and they don't do interviews there.
But congrats and good luck.

Congratulations to everyone who have recieved their GC!

tinkerbelluk, how do we update the spreasheet? Can we do it ourselves? Anyway, details below:

Thanks!