March 2006 Visa Bulletin is out

EB3 Worldwide

What happened to EB3 Worldwide? Why is not moving fast? I'm waiting for PD: Sept. 2002 to request Cross-Chargeability (since my wife was born in Sri Lanka). Will it move this fiscal year??

EB3 - India.
PD: Sept. 2002

worldwide EB3

I guess they moved the date one day after April 30, 01 just wanted to see how strong the demand of EB3 visas would be because of 245I cases. What a "trial and error" game!

VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

Employment-based: Cut-off date movement in several categories during recent months has been greater than originally expected. This is because demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) offices for adjustment of status cases has been much less than anticipated. Advancement of the cut-off dates at this time should prevent a situation late in the fiscal year where there are large amounts of numbers available but not enough time to use them. Interested parties should be aware that the recent rate of cut-off date advances might not continue indefinitely; however, it is not possible to say at present how soon CIS number use will influence the cut-off date determinations. Moreover, in some categories (for instance the “Other Workers” category), cut-off date retrogression is a definite possibility should demand increase dramatically. Such retrogressions are not likely in the immediate future, but readers should be alert to the possibility as the year proceeds and watch for updates in this Bulletin. Retrogressions are normally preceded by a period of no movement of the cut-off date, as we attempt to limit future demand for numbers under the annual limit.

Long time back if u email to FBI with your details they would reply back with the results .Generally it used to take 4 -6 months for them to reply ,but now they don't reply any more , u need to contact senator or congressmen to know about the name check clearance .Their might be some other ways too to find it out ,but i'm not aware of those processes.

Nice to see some movement. Really want EB3 to continue movement beyond April'01 soon..just like EB2. Know its wishful thinking..but hey...will try to remain an optimist! :)

Please comment!!

Guys,

Does anyone have any idea of when "other worker" category will become current??

PD Dec 2003

Thank you