Made an info-pass for local office !!!

atique rahman

Registered Users (C)
I made an info-pass appointment (local office) for to see an IO & will explain the biometrics problem that I'm going through. I don't know how much of a help local office would be? Cause my case is processed in NSC. But I have nothing to loose anyway.
Seems like my fourth attempt for bio didn't work again. It was on June 10th but only thing happened after that is 12/13 LUD activity but no E-mail notifications & than complete silence from NSC.
My info-pass appointment is 30th June. Anybody has any experiences that you can share regarding local offices? Can I get my passport stamped?
Atique.

atique rahman said:
I made an info-pass appointment (local office) for to see an IO & will explain the biometrics problem that I'm going through. I don't know how much of a help local office would be? Cause my case is processed in NSC. But I have nothing to loose anyway.
Seems like my fourth attempt for bio didn't work again. It was on June 10th but only thing happened after that is 12/13 LUD activity but no E-mail notifications & than complete silence from NSC.
My info-pass appointment is 30th June. Anybody has any experiences that you can share regarding local offices? Can I get my passport stamped?
Atique.

atique,

I went to the local office regarding my gc card that I returned to NSC. I asked to get a temporary stamping, but the officer refused to give it to me. She told me that she cannot give me a stamping becuase I did not pay for the I-90 application.

As you might recall, I received a damanged gc in April and was told to return the gc to NSC. I received nothing (not even a letter) from the NSC regarding my submission of I-90 form. I have called the national number several times, but I received conflicting information. So I decided to make an info-pass. The appiontment was a complete waste of my time. I just so sick and tire of dealing with this shit so I ended up to resubmit for another I-90 form and paid for the fees ($260). Now, I am still waiting for my replacement gc.

Good luck to you.

cchong said:
atique,

I went to the local office regarding my gc card that I returned to NSC. I asked to get a temporary stamping, but the officer refused to give it to me. She told me that she cannot give me a stamping becuase I did not pay for the I-90 application.

As you might recall, I received a damanged gc in April and was told to return the gc to NSC. I received nothing (not even a letter) from the NSC regarding my submission of I-90 form. I have called the national number several times, but I received conflicting information. So I decided to make an info-pass. The appiontment was a complete waste of my time. I just so sick and tire of dealing with this shit so I ended up to resubmit for another I-90 form and paid for the fees ($260). Now, I am still waiting for my replacement gc.

Good luck to you.

Cchong, I know you are right. My local office visit would be a complete waste of my time but still I want to try that. I have nothing to loose.
But my question is since most our files are in NSC do you think local office has any access about it?
Atique.

hopefully you will get your greencard soon. The IO working on your case has no heart.. After reading cchong story I decided to keep my GC with a mispelled middle name.

peguin12 said:
hopefully you will get your greencard soon. The IO working on your case has no heart.. After reading cchong story I decided to keep my GC with a mispelled middle name.

This could create headache for you later on--like the Florida DMV is anal about the correct spellling of names on immigration documents.

peguin12 said:

Pegium12,

I made a mistake by returning my gc to the NSC. I should have filed the I-90 form with an explaination of the replacement request and then wait for RFE/RFI to send back the gc. When you received RFE/RFI from the NSC, at least you know someone is working on your case. By doing that you can reduce the gap of not having your gc in hand.

My gc replacement experience really sucks. No one really know what happened to my original I-90 form submission. It can be lost or it can be sitting on someone desk or it can be in the basement of the NSC.

Now, I hope they will not ask me to return the gc for my second I-90 application. Since I already returned my gc to the NSC along with my 1st I-90 submission.

atique rahman said:
Cchong, I know you are right. My local office visit would be a complete waste of my time but still I want to try that. I have nothing to loose.
But my question is since most our files are in NSC do you think local office has any access about it?
Atique.

Antique,

When I went to the local office, the officer told me that there is no record of me sending back my gc. But she did tell me that the origical gc was sent out to me on certain date. Given she could tell me when the gc was sent out, I suspect she can see our cases in the local office. Obviously, this is clearly a speculation on my part.

If you have the time, you can visit the local office. At least, you try your best to resolve the problem.

This could create headache for you later on--like the Florida DMV is anal about the correct spellling of names on immigration documents.

I agree that am taking risk -However, I cannot afford being without a GC anymore.Planning to travel over the summer .. Also by the time issues arise, I will be on my way to citizenship.