LUD on my approved I-140

azamani123

Registered Users (C)
today I noticed that there is a LUD on my approved I-140. it has been approved one year ago. I hope this is some good news!!! not a system update!

Last edited by a moderator:
I also noticed LUD on 9/30/2007 in my 140 which was approved june 2005.. don't know what is happening.

i am stuck in name check from 11/2004.

Idon't think LUD on previous approved applications mean some thing......i see LUD's on approved 140, h1's etc........:cool:

LUDs on Previously approved 131's means, FBI name check results are finalized on that day. But actual NC clear date is going to be 3 weeks after that. i guess even LUDs on 140's also same.
I am not a USCIS expert. Pls act accordingly.

hippos, thanks for the info. was there any LUD in your 131 before your name check was cleared?

Appreciate if you could post little more info about your experience.

LUDs on Previously approved 131's means, FBI name check results are finalized on that day. But actual NC clear date is going to be 3 weeks after that. i guess even LUDs on 140's also same.
I am not a USCIS expert. Pls act accordingly.

I don't believe this. There were massive LUDs on apporved I-140 and I-131 at TSC on 07/28/2007, including mine, yet my namecheck is still pending. There also was a very long discussion about these LUDs on this site, and the consensus was that those LUDs were related to housekeeping activities not related to processing of I-485 (e.g. moving approved files to a different storage etc). But my guess is as good as anybody's.

LUDs on approved 140 seem to be random

LUDs on approved I-140s seem to be random.
I had an LUD on my 140 on 5/27/06 - though it was approved back in 5/2004.
There were bunch of LUDs on my other approved cases too - like EADs and APs.
It was attributed to an address update on I-485.
However the reason I said random is -
I again changed address one month back. This time there were
LUDs on 485 and previously approved EAD and the pending I-131s.
But nothing on the approved I-140.
So any interim processing may cause an LUD on previously approved cases.
There is no reason to start drawing any guesses based on that.
I don't believe in name-check theory either. There were no LUDs on my 140
when namecheck was cleared.
Only other thing that might trigger LUD on 140 is if it is revoked by sponsoring
employer. But again, USCIS has not been consistent with that either.
So as long as all your case history is good, I would say ignore the LUDs.

I don't believe this. There were massive LUDs on apporved I-140 and I-131 at TSC on 07/28/2007, including mine, yet my namecheck is still pending. There also was a very long discussion about these LUDs on this site, and the consensus was that those LUDs were related to housekeeping activities not related to processing of I-485 (e.g. moving approved files to a different storage etc). But my guess is as good as anybody's.

i dont care whether you believe or not. We can't believe anything with what and how the USCIS does. i said it was my guess.. and it was the experience with my case. i just shared my opinion and the experience.

but I know that my NC got cleared 2.5 month ago. why LUD now. now, I will also say it is random....

i dont care whether you believe or not. We can't believe anything with what and how the USCIS does. i said it was my guess.. and it was the experience with my case. i just shared my opinion and the experience.

I think my LUDS could have been associated with EAD renewal approval.
I got the 140 LUD on 9/30 and the EAD approval email came on 10/1.
If namecheck also got cleared then thats great , but when I called them
up on 10/2, they told its still pending.

but I know that my NC got cleared 2.5 month ago. why LUD now. now, I will also say it is random....

hippos, thanks for the info. was there any LUD in your 131 before your name check was cleared?

Appreciate if you could post little more info about your experience.

Hi Jkvaisnavi, I had LUD on my 131 on the same day FBI finalized the name check( from the FBI Letter). after 20 days, TSC IO was able to tell me the same info.

wondering if FBI name check etc. updates the FIRST case of your portfolio.

i see 9/30 update on my 2001 H1 ( I-129 ). this is the first case in my portfolio

I've also got LUD on my approved 140 on Sep/30/2007. Called TSC, I was told that NC is still pending. Also this unfriendly lady told me about the LUD of the approved LUD like this: if your NC is still pending, your case will not be processed. I hope it's BS. NC is NC, USCIS can still process my 485 except approval.