LUD keeps on changing everyday

popo77

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

MY LUD keeps on changing everyday for my case. Has anyone encountered this?

H1B Receipt date: 01/26/2007
RFE Date: 05/22/2007
RFE Responded: 07/06/2007
RFE Updated on USCIS: 07/24/2007 and status changed to "RFE Response received, Case Processing has resumed"

Since 07/24/2007, I have had LUDs updated on 07/25, 07/26, 07/27, 07/30 and today as well on 07/31 but no status change.

Any one familiar with this or any insights as to whats going on?

Thanks,

When you go online just below the part where it shows you the receipt number and the email notification turn on and turn off, there is text in italics, which states this :
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.

So you are fine. It just shows that the USCIS is processing your case.

Thanks

Thanks Rohini. I have seen that but I find it really strange that its going through so many LUDs. I wonder if they are making rockets out of my RFE response documents and flying those one per day in the service center and changing the LUD.. :rolleyes:

Atleast they are proceesing your case. My case was received on april 2nd and I got a receipt number on april6th. After that I havent heard anything from them. No RFE. THE LUD shows 04/04/2007, which was probably when they made an entry. SInce then it is just pending.

Rohini,

Request your lawyer to contact them if the lawyer hasn't already. Trust me, I have seen them atleast do something on your case - RFE or approval once they receive the status check. In my case as well, there was no LUD for 3 months. After my lawyer contacted them, I saw the status change with in a week although it was a RFE :( nevertheless there was some change. I saw the same thing on some other forums for couple of other folks.

Oh yeah btw, my LUD updated again today - its now 08/01/2007 but no change in status... :rolleyes:

H1B Approved finally

Alright ... the LUD changed again today to 08/02/2007 and this time it changed for good. The status has changed to "Approval Notice Sent". After six months of wait and a senseless RFE, finally my H1B has been approved. :)

Congrats Popo. Thats great !! I spoke to my lawyers the day I knew I could start an inquiry. But they wanted to wait till the end of the month (after 15 days). Finally on tuesday they told me they started an inquiry. Its really strange how some cases just lie there as if everyone has forgotten about it and its a person's life..

I had a quick question for you. When you got your RFE, did your account online at USCIS show that or did your lawyers get a snail mail?