LUD emails

umd_mba

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,
Thank you so much for all your help in our filing process. We received NOAs for The I130/485/765/131 yesterday . We registered to receive emails from the USCIS about the cases.
One quick question about the Last updated Date . Do you receive an email everytime the LUD changes ? Or is logging into the account everyday the only way to track your LUDs ?Are the emails sent out only when there is a change to the case status ?
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Gayathri

Hi, Gayathri!
Don't know about others, but I've got few emails from USCIS only on the very first day after I registered confirming that my account has been created.
And when later the LUD changed(it happened once so far for 2 months :D )
I have not received any emails about this. From what other people wrote here though it looks like USCIS does sent emails when there is some significant change/progress in your case. Also, from different posts on this board it could be assumed that USCIS online system has numerous flaws and quite often reflects not updated info, so I wouldn't rely on it too much. You will be absolutely fine if you only check your case online few or even one time a week.And again, you should recieve emails when there is some change in your case, but don't be suprised/upset if you don't get anything.
Cheers!

I only get emails when something significant happens, like they got my RFE etc. My LUD's don't generate any emails.