Lost/Stolen EAD card, need replacement

gcSaiRam

Registered Users (C)
My wife lost her EAD card yesterday along with her purse and wallet.
How can I request for replacement of EAD card.
She got her EAD card one month back. So the validity of the card is upto next year September.
Any kind of information related to this is highly appreciated.

:confused:

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

gcSaiRam

Did you already get SS #'s ??

If not then you may try getting SS #'s with a Copy of the EAD, if that dosent work you will have to apply for new EAD's. If you have already got her SS #'s then you dont have to worry.

Until EAD is expiring, and your I 485 is not approved, then you can apply for renewal, attaching a Copy of the old EAD, otherwise if you want EAD soon then you cant have a replacement, you have to apply for a new EAD.

Thanks for your advice.
I didnt apply for her SS #. And she was planning to work from next month. Does she need to have the card for the same or will A# and EAC # will do ?
Do I have to inform INS regarding the lost/stolen card.

I got my I485 approved Oct18th as per AVM and waiting for the approval notice via mail.
As, I joined my wife in August 2002, she wont get her I-485 approved till mid next year.
Till then is she going to be in legal status, if I dont apply for her EAD again ?

gcSaiRam

Sorry buddy the last para in my last posting was misleading.

I said she cant get a replacement, but I just checked the INS web site, and they do have something called a Replacement EAD

From INS web site

--Replacement EAD: This document replaces a lost, stolen, or mutilated EAD. A replacement EAD also replaces an EAD that was issued with incorrect information, such as a misspelled name. --

So there is hope, I do apologise for misleading you, (Was not intentional though) please consult your lawyer ASAP about a Replacement EAD.

Fill out I 765 again under the replacement category, don't panick she is very much having a status ....however I am not sure how would she get SSN

I've also lost my EAD which was in my purse stolen. I've got my EAD just a month ago, and I was planning to start working as soon as i get the job. I have my SS number as well. I am on L2 visa. I know my application number and EAD card number, do i have to apply a new EAD with the prescribed fee again? or can it be reissued with a minimal fee if I give my EAD card number? Please help me if anyone has any information related to this. How can I get my EAD reissued with minimum cost and time?