Lost LIN number for 765

Grandhipal

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I filed for EAD renewal online over the weekend. Due to system problems, I dint get a chance to download/save the confirmation page or the EAD application itself. I dint get a chance to note down the receipt (LIN) number either.
How do I go about from here? Do I just have to wait until BCIS sends me a confirmation by regular mail? I have to wait on that to schedule for finger print appointment?
My current EAD expires in Nov and I dont have much time left :( I am concerned that delay in finger printing and delay in mailing the supporting docs will delay the EAD renewal.
Thx

Grandhipal said:
Hi,
I filed for EAD renewal online over the weekend. Due to system problems, I dint get a chance to download/save the confirmation page or the EAD application itself. I dint get a chance to note down the receipt (LIN) number either.
How do I go about from here? Do I just have to wait until BCIS sends me a confirmation by regular mail? I have to wait on that to schedule for finger print appointment?
My current EAD expires in Nov and I dont have much time left :( I am concerned that delay in finger printing and delay in mailing the supporting docs will delay the EAD renewal.
Thx

did you send the picture to USCIS? If not then you might get fingerprint notice for your EAD. That is the only way I think you will come to know about your LIN#

Last edited by a moderator:
madgu-gc2005 said:
If you had sent the check (filing fee) then you will come to know your receipt # incase the check has been cleared. did you send the picture to USCIS? If not then you might get fingerprint notice for your EAD. That is the only way I think you will come to know about your LIN#

madhu
this was an efiled EAD and you pay via creditcard and you go to ASC for a digital picture.

Grandhipal said:
Hi,
Thx

Note that now a days it is averaging 20 - 25 days for EAD approvals from the date of applying so you have plenty of time just in case.

We applied on July 24th, got our receipts on July 31st. Bio appointment on Aug 10th and approvals on Aug 18th.

Also we sent our supporting documents after 17 days and the day they received documents they approved. So you have plenty of time to send supporting documents also.

I heard most of them now a days are getting fast, hope this will easeup your tension.

Last edited by a moderator:
va_il
Thank you very much. We just received the EAD renewal approval emails. I haven't sent the supporting documents at all for EAD application.
We are yet to receive the actual cards in mail. .