lost I-94

neer

I got my H1 Visa approved on October 1st 2004. I received a I-797 which has a I-94 attached to it. I was previously on an F1 visa since 2002. then i received my OPT in may 2004 which is valid for a year.
Iam traveling to india in a couple of days. Here is the problem.

I have lost my old I-94. This was the one which i got when i came to the US after a holiday in india in jan 04. (i still have the one that i received recently with my H1 approval)

Will i require this old I-94. I understand that we need to submit this when we are leaving the US... What do i do.... Please advise as soon as possible..

This is very urgent as iam leaving in a couple of days

neer said:
I got my H1 Visa approved on October 1st 2004. I received a I-797 which has a I-94 attached to it. I was previously on an F1 visa since 2002. then i received my OPT in may 2004 which is valid for a year.
Iam traveling to india in a couple of days. Here is the problem.

Your new I-94 after H1B approval is the current, discard the one that has D/S status when you initially received after being F1 student.

I have lost my old I-94. This was the one which i got when i came to the US after a holiday in india in jan 04. (i still have the one that i received recently with my H1 approval)

Your old I-94 is not valid anymore, after you received I-94 from H1B, which is generally valid for 3 years.

Will i require this old I-94. I understand that we need to submit this when we are leaving the US... What do i do.... Please advise as soon as possible..

You have no use of old I-94, you can surrender the new one at the port-of-exit.

YOU ARE GOOD TO GO, I AM 100% POSITIVE.
This is very urgent as iam leaving in a couple of days

Yes thank you for the response. Again i have one more question. Will i have to actually submit this new i-94 or will i need this for my H1 stamping appointment in mumbai... please let me know.

thanks

neer said:
Yes thank you for the response. Again i have one more question. Will i have to actually submit this new i-94 or will i need this for my H1 stamping appointment in mumbai... please let me know.

When you leave country, you are required to surrender your I-94. Upon arrival in US, you can get one based on the visa you are entering at the port-of-entry. There is no need to show your I-94 to the Mumbai Consulate for the stampping. Just show them your approved H1B application attachement, and you are good to go.

thanks