Lost EAD, interview next week!

Raashi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have my GC interview next week. I hold a valid L1 visa. I had applied for EAD and Advance Parole also and recieved both the docs.

I cannot find my EAD now and think I might have lost it. Does anyone know what are the consequences of this? The interview letter asks to bring the EAD also. Do they really ask for the EAD in the interview? Can I just tell them that I misplaced it? Can my GC app be rejected/ or interview postponed because of that?

Please help!

Thanks.

Yep you are right. I did not think about that.

OP just say you lost it then (If asked I guess).

Don't offer or volunteer to give any information unless you are asked for that.

Stay calm and respond to the questions only, and You will be fine.

Yes, I do not want to apply for Replacement EAD as I might not need it if the GC gets approved. Also, since I am still working for my L1 sponsoring employer, there is no immediate need. I was just worried if they definately need to see it in the GC interview.

Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed then and hope this doesnt create any problems in my interview.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I have my GC interview next week. I hold a valid L1 visa. I had applied for EAD and Advance Parole also and recieved both the docs.

I cannot find my EAD now and think I might have lost it. Does anyone know what are the consequences of this? The interview letter asks to bring the EAD also. Do they really ask for the EAD in the interview? Can I just tell them that I misplaced it? Can my GC app be rejected/ or interview postponed because of that?

Please help!

Thanks.

Dont' worry Raashi, it's not a big deal. They might not even ask you for it. If they do, calmly say that you just misplaced.

I've read some interview experiences on here where the IO didn't even ask about ead's and AP.I even read one where the person asked the IO if he needed the ead and the IO said no you can keep it.Good luck on your interview next week!